Raiders trade G Kelechi Osemele to Jets

4 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Beane sorta' has a day late, dollar short thing going on.

Wrt pro personnel he is hitting zero nails on the head and probably should put some ice on that thumb.

If they were able to secure AB by making that trade and simply by paying him like the best WR in the NFL for 3 years I can't see why they stepped away from that deal.

The thing that bothers me about both trades is that they were the types of moves that "football minds" should see coming miles away.

And for all I know, Beane may have.

BUT, a GM thats prepared to be aggressive to surround his young QB with the best talent base possible would've easily been able to pull of these or similar moves.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

The thing that bothers me about both trades is that they were the types of moves that "football minds" should see coming miles away.

And for all I know, Beane may have.

BUT, a GM thats prepared to be aggressive to surround his young QB with the best talent base possible would've easily been able to pull of these or similar moves.

I don't get the feel that Beane is a particularly shrewd judge of value. ?

My guess is that they put an offer in on AB thinking they would be easily beaten by other teams.

They just didn't want to have regrets if he went cheap.   

I think they were probably very surprised to have the best offer in......perhaps spooked by their own over-estimation of his trade market.......... and they found they didn't have the nerve to actually make the move and backed off.

It's a Billsy look either way.    

This kind of stuff happens when valuable businesses or properties are put up for bids but the difference is the NFL is a closed circuit and a GM that is in touch with the league should be able to nail value down close enough that they don't end up winning a bid and not having considered everything that goes along with it.     

• Like (+1) 1

Seeing all of these moves being done and/or rumored is a little discouraging.  Two things I'm clinging to at this juncture:

1) when they re-signed J. Phillips it was officially announced on a Monday but Phillips tweeted out ahead of time indicating he was coming back.

2)  talks with Steelers re Antonio Brown were kept quiet until the Steelers leaked it. 

I'm hoping things are happening but we and the reporters don't know jack!

12 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Good lord some of you negative Nancy's are ridiculous.

What's so ridiculous?

The Jets got a guy that was one of the best guards in football 2 years ago for almost nothing, and it was a trade that was discussed on this very board as a great idea for the Bills as far back as December.

That's ridiculous how, exactly?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

Always interesting to read the fan commentary from the team losing the player.  

Raiders fans have zero issue with getting next to nothing for this guy and are glad to be rid of his cap hit. 

Yeah, I always thought Raiders fans seemed like an intelligent bunch. 

15 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Who is being negative?  You won’t have wanted the Bills to get a player like this?

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

There is a decidedly Sabres/Leafs parallel with what's going on with the Bills/Jets.

Jets have been one-upping the Bills last couple of offseasons.

Hopefully that changes and doesn't turn out like it has for the Tankres(11.4% chance of getting a top 3 pick in lottery baby!).

The jets only have like 32 guys on their roster right now. I'm not worried about them

17 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I do think that some of you who are sensitive to the realities of losing football should start a club on TSW where you can get in a circle and gently discuss how great the Bills are.

If that's what you need.........by all means get it.

Just come back here if you want content like people knowing MONTHS ahead of time about players/trades that will eventually be available to the Bills..........that kind of content comes from people who take a realistic look at the league and unfortunately reality hasn't been kind to the Bills for the last couple decades or so.?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I do think that some of you who are sensitive to the realities of losing football should start a club on TSW where you can get in a circle and gently discuss how great the Bills are.

If that's what you need.........by all means get it.

Just come back here if you want content like people knowing MONTHS ahead of time about players/trades that will eventually be available to the Bills..........that kind of content comes from people who take a realistic look at the league and unfortunately reality hasn't been kind to the Bills for the last couple decades or so.?

I guess the entire offseason is already over and Beane didn't add a single player to our team.  Antonio Brown was a unique situation.  He very obviously didn't want to be in the city of Buffalo, end of discussion.  Patience is a virtue my friend.  Take a breath and drink some water.  Haven't even gotten to signing period yet lol.  Offseason anticipation disease has set into a lot of fans and has for months.  Don't worry the wait is almost over haha.  Getting this ridiculous over a handful of moves so far is just a classic Buffalo fan response.  You do realize there are 1,700 players in the league and trades happen all the way up through past september right? Can we get some level-headed fans up in here please.  

Edited by Buffalo30
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Jasovon said:

The jets only have like 32 guys on their roster right now. I'm not worried about them

Yeah don't do that.

It won't make any difference.

Just discuss it in context and let it go..........like everything in entertainment news.?

Words to fan by.

2 hours ago, whatdrought said:

The trade to three worked for the Jets, but in reality it was pretty stupid of them to trade up when they did- at that point it was obvious that they didn’t have “their guy.” They just wanted a guy. 

It wasn't stupid at all.  The Jets moving to #3 assured them they could do no worse than Mayfield, Darnold or Allen.  If the Giants had taken a QB at 2, or if Elway had been smart enough to take Allen, the Bills would have been screwed, either having to trade up for Rosen, who after 1 season will most likely be traded at a discounted rate, or would have had to settle for Lamar Jackson at pick 22, or even worse Mason Rudolph (assuming they would have picked Edmunds at 12).  You can homer it, but the bottom line is the Jets, on March 17th put themselves in position to ace out the Bills before the Bills could even try to get to 3, having just officially completed the move up to 12 when the official NFL year had started on 3/15, just 2 days before the Jets deal with Indy.  

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

McBeane come across as some what conservative guys willing to slow play things while not wanting to ruffle feathers with a big trade that could potentially put them over the top or blow up in their face....

Overvaluing their draft picks and future cap in the process.

They drafted the biggest boom/bust prospect in the draft at QB.  

Beane was moving and shaking all over the place last year.  

But all of a sudden hes a cautious beta afraid to pull the trigger because the Jets traded for a Guard... Got it. 

Edited by SCBills

6 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

It wasn't stupid at all.  The Jets moving to #3 assured them they could do no worse than Mayfield, Darnold or Allen.  If the Giants had taken a QB at 2, or if Elway had been smart enough to take Allen, the Bills would have been screwed, either having to trade up for Rosen, who after 1 season will most likely be traded at a discounted rate, or would have had to settle for Lamar Jackson at pick 22, or even worse Mason Rudolph (assuming they would have picked Edmunds at 12).  You can homer it, but the bottom line is the Jets, on March 17th put themselves in position to ace out the Bills before the Bills could even try to get to 3, having just officially completed the move up to 12 when the official NFL year had started on 3/15, just 2 days before the Jets deal with Indy.  

They didn't have a specific player in mind. They got a QB so it worked, but this wasn't a great finesse move this was a "if I don't draft a top QB I'm fired" move. 

2 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

If we made this trade, people would be crying it means we’re desperate and Beane knows we’re gonna strike out on our Free Agent OL targets.  

Well, I don't know what "people" would be saying, but when I floated the idea of offering a 4th for this exact player 3 months ago nobody took issue.