Raiders trade G Kelechi Osemele to Jets

4 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

True the Bills have been spending money and not getting anything for it.........McBeane's free agent class last year was horrifying.......9 guys signed and no hits.

But was thinking more along the lines of maneuvering..........like last year at this time the board was distraught as the Jets surprisingly were able to trade up to #3 with the Colts and get the pick of non-Mayfield QB's.    That stung........and Darnold is good.  He clearly outplayed Allen in their meeting last year.    It's easy to see Darnold is to Auston Matthews as Allen is to Eichel.........everyone outside of Buffalo sees Darnold as the better prospect the same way Matthews is universally recognized as the better player.

It's all gotta' play out yet though and hopefully the Jets go off course and the Bills get back on track.

Outside of Star (who did what he was paid for) the bills really didn’t pay much money for the guys they got. They were all hit or miss vets. The jets threw a ton of money at Tremaine Johnson and he coach as a hardcore flub. 

The trade to three worked for the Jets, but in reality it was pretty stupid of them to trade up when they did- at that point it was obvious that they didn’t have “their guy.” They just wanted a guy. 

It it really is up for debate if Darnold is better than Allen. I think that looking at their entire seasons they’re pretty equal, and when judging the fact that Allen was supposed to be so raw and have no chance of starting, while Darnold was supposed to be close to ready, I think the argument could be made that Allen is going into the second season on better footing. 

I will disent to your knowledge on hockey though. ? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

One upping us yet have had a worse record then us. 

They have a better offseason record?    Call a moderator I demand a link!:devil:

4 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

What track are you referring to? The one with wins and losses or the one where you pretend to be a GM and know what's best for the organization?

The track the Bills were on 20 years ago.............the last time they were a contender in the AFC.

I know, it's been a long time but there was a track.   It was there.   Trust me.;)

6 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Outside of Star (who did what he was paid for) the bills really didn’t pay much money for the guys they got. They were all hit or miss vets. The jets threw a ton of money at Tremaine Johnson and he coach as a hardcore flub. 

The trade to three worked for the Jets, but in reality it was pretty stupid of them to trade up when they did- at that point it was obvious that they didn’t have “their guy.” They just wanted a guy. 

It it really is up for debate if Darnold is better than Allen. I think that looking at their entire seasons they’re pretty equal, and when judging the fact that Allen was supposed to be so raw and have no chance of starting, while Darnold was supposed to be close to ready, I think the argument could be made that Allen is going into the second season on better footing. 

I will disent to your knowledge on hockey though. ? 

Star was a bust.    Ineffective part time player making $10M+ per year and half of his contract $ is guaranteed so they are ***** on that deal for another couple years.

In general I don't think either team spent A LOT of money...........but the Bills totally struck out in FA.........maybe Murphy bounces back but otherwise it was a turd-fest from Beane.

Darnold is generally regarded as the better prospect.  He simply was more effective throwing the ball.  He may have been a more pro-ready player than Allen but he's also younger...........at 20 I think he was the youngest QB to ever start an NFL game so he's far from a finished product himself.

I really like Allen though.   Supported the pick from day one and I think his ceiling is high.    Just hope the organization does a better job of putting players around him than the Sabres have with Eichel.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Star was a bust.    Ineffective part time player making $10M+ per year and half of his contract $ is guaranteed so they are ***** on that deal for another couple years.

In general I don't think either team spent A LOT of money...........but the Bills totally struck out in FA.........maybe Murphy bounces back but otherwise it was a turd-fest from Beane.

Darnold is generally regarded as the better prospect.  He simply was more effective throwing the ball.  He may have been a more pro-ready player than Allen but he's also younger...........at 20 I think he was the youngest QB to ever start an NFL game so he's far from a finished product himself.

I really like Allen though.   Supported the pick from day one and I think his ceiling is high.    Just hope the organization does a better job of putting players around him than the Sabres have with Eichel.

If you're getting your information from what is "generally regarded" that tells me all I need to know about this conversation. 

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

True the Bills have been spending money and not getting anything for it.........McBeane's free agent class last year was horrifying.......9 guys signed and no hits.

But was thinking more along the lines of maneuvering..........like last year at this time the board was distraught as the Jets surprisingly were able to trade up to #3 with the Colts and get the pick of non-Mayfield QB's.    That stung........and Darnold is good.  He clearly outplayed Allen in their meeting last year.    It's easy to see Darnold is to Auston Matthews as Allen is to Eichel.........everyone outside of Buffalo sees Darnold as the better prospect the same way Matthews is universally recognized as the better player.

It's all gotta' play out yet though and hopefully the Jets go off course and the Bills get back on track.

I will concede that getting ahead of us at #3 stung a bit, and I would have taken Darnold over Allen. Having said that, Allen was better at the end of the year than I expected. Only time will tell what happens in the long run, and none of us KNOW at this point in time. 

36 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

One upping us yet have had a worse record then us. 

But they won the offseason! [ducks as Matt Barkley throws another TD to an undrafted rookie wideout on their overpaid big ticket  FA corner from last year]

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

Is it accurate that we have 6 FA’s to sign or replace, and the Jets have 26? I’m honestly not sure, but I think I heard/read something like that. 

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

But they won the offseason! [ducks as Matt Barkley throws another TD on their overpaid big ticket  FA corner from last year]

All of this talk of winning the offseason is going to make it hard to sleep tonight.....thanks, Rex! 

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

Is it accurate that we have 6 FA’s to sign or replace, and the Jets have 26? I’m honestly not sure, but I think I heard/read something like that. 

I’m not sure the exact number but their FA $$$ is a bit misleading given how many of their own they have to sign. 

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

I’m not sure the exact number but their FA $$$ is a bit misleading given how many of their own they have to sign. 

That’s exactly what I was thinking. On the surface they looked great, until you looked a little deeper, then......not nearly as great. 

8 minutes ago, Augie said:

All of this talk of winning the offseason is going to make it hard to sleep tonight.....thanks, Rex! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

But they won the offseason! [ducks as Matt Barkley throws another TD to an undrafted rookie wideout on their overpaid big ticket  FA corner from last year]

Fwiw..........I never respond to people I have blocked.  Directly or indirectly.   Just don't......you gotta' show more restraint Yo! :lol: 

I expect more from our resident bond company stooge!;)

But I will dignify your response......FWIW.........head-to-head Darnold 1 Allen 0.

Those two pics killed Josh and then when Kyle Williams over-ran Darnold and let him double back to his left and throw that game winning TD........well that sucked balls being in the stands for that.    In the previous matchup neither played and the Bills trounced them in the Meadowlands...........the difference having Darnold made to the Jets was palpable. 

27 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

If you're getting your information from what is "generally regarded" that tells me all I need to know about this conversation. 

That and the facts that he was a better QB statistically on the season and beat Allen head-to-head in Allen's own house(with the lesser team).

Those kinds of things will get folks to thinking that one is better than the other.

But don't get me wrong..........love Josh Allen.........had to pull a few of you off the ledge after they drafted him........don't forget that.;)

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Bandit called the Raiders trading Osemele months ago.   

He was also selling the idea of the Bills trading back in round 1 with Pittsburgh to secure AB then too.

You can pick up some insightful nuggets here on TSW.

I'll admit I've uttered a few curse words over these trades

Maybe we can settle for Rodney Hudson if they're still determined to get rid of good OLmen

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

Ugh. The only thing worse than the bills not doing good things, is the jests doing good things.

There is some good FA lineman out there- ones that wont cost picks/players. Lets wait and see what happens. My guess is the Bills will grab 1-2 linemen, a TE, a WR, and maybe a LB too.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I'll admit I've uttered a few curse words over these trades

Maybe we can settle for Rodney Hudson if they're still determined to get rid of good OLmen

Beane sorta' has a day late, dollar short thing going on.

Wrt pro personnel he is hitting zero nails on the head and probably should put some ice on that thumb.

If they were able to secure AB by making that trade and simply by paying him like the best WR in the NFL for 3 years I can't see why they stepped away from that deal.

3 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Good grief... I said he'd come cheap, but I didn't realize that they'd literally give him away 

Basically they traded Beane Spencer Long for Osemele.  

I hope we get some good news soon.:lol:

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Always interesting to read the fan commentary from the team losing the player.  

Raiders fans have zero issue with getting next to nothing for this guy and are glad to be rid of his cap hit. 

It is extremely difficult for fans to understand line play. Easy to say we had tons of sacks and a bad rushing attacking thus the o line sucked. Could of been that some of the line didn’t play well while others did. Mismatch of scheme verse strengths of personnel. 

I am not really sure. Until you sit down and watch every snap or every game can you truly understand how each particular lineman played.