Raiders trade G Kelechi Osemele to Jets

Just now, dave mcbride said:

Long was cut for a reason, you know. He's not that good. I think he's a solid backup, however, and you need those guys. There will be injuries; there always are.

Long was cut because of the stupid contract the jets gave him....and the fact that he cant play center very well

With the Skins Long was actually a solid player......at OG

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Long was cut because of the stupid contract the jets gave him....and the fact that he cant play center very well

Long started 28 games at center for Washington and 20 at guard.  The Jets signed him as a center.

16 hours ago, whatdrought said:

They didn't have a specific player in mind. They got a QB so it worked, but this wasn't a great finesse move this was a "if I don't draft a top QB I'm fired" move. 

They didn't have to have a specific player.  There were 4 top 10 QBs in the draft.  Say they didn't like one of them but had high grades on 3 of them.  They guaranteed themselves one of the top 3 QBs.  As it turned out, they got no worse than their 2nd choice.  Considering the fact that they shut the Bills out of the 3rd pick, guaranteeing themselves that the Bills could not get the guy they rated no worse than 3rd and putting the Bills, a division rival, in danger of missing out on a QB, it was a very smart move.  

Now I'm not a big trade down guy, but a lot of people around here are.  Well, according to your logic, you just made the case for me hating trade downs.  When you trade up, you have a pretty good idea of who you can get as the Jets did, or if you do it the day of the draft you know exactly who you're trading up for.  When you trade down, unless it's only 1 spot down, you NEVER know who will be available at that spot.  So, according to your logic, I'm right about trade downs-pretty bad to trade a known for a total unknown player or players.  

6 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Long started 28 games at center for Washington and 20 at guard.  The Jets signed him as a center.

I realize this

Perhaps the bills are looking at him for OG?

The true of the matter is we could completely strike out in free agency on OL.......and Spencer Long at OG is better then ANYTHING we currently have

The idea is to get better not to have name guys up and down the OL

And hopefully Teller continues to improve.

Just now, John from Riverside said:

I realize this

Perhaps the bills are looking at him for OG?

The true of the matter is we could completely strike out in free agency on OL.......and Spencer Long at OG is better then ANYTHING we currently have

The idea is to get better not to have name guys up and down the OL

And hopefully Teller continues to improve.

Yes, we certainly could strike out in FA...wouldn't it be great if some team were willing to deal a former 1st-team all-pro OG to an AFC East team for peanuts, thereby protecting the team from potentially striking out at the guard position?

Just now, thebandit27 said:

Yes, we certainly could strike out in FA...wouldn't it be great if some team were willing to deal a former 1st-team all-pro OG to an AFC East team for peanuts, thereby protecting the team from potentially striking out at the guard position?

Your crying over the spilled milk here sir......for whatever reason the bills could not make that deal....time to move onto the next player

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Your crying over the spilled milk here sir......for whatever reason the bills could not make that deal....time to move onto the next player

I was more pointing out that the "bird in the hand" principle applies to trades

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think everyone is just a little sensitive and anxious today. You are doing Yeoman’s work. 

I'm not even sure why...I mean, without getting all high-and-mighty, if anyone on this board is justified in getting pissy over this trade it's me, and I'm not even upset about it.  There's other guys out there; this just happened to be an opportunity to avoid the FA frenzy and land a great player on the cheap.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I'm not even sure why...I mean, without getting all high-and-mighty, if anyone on this board is justified in getting pissy over this trade it's me, and I'm not even upset about it.  There's other guys out there; this just happened to be an opportunity to avoid the FA frenzy and land a great player on the cheap.

I'm still irritated that the Jets got Brandon Marshall because the Bills were stupid and had already traded away their earliest 5th round pick for Matt Cassell.

BM then put up 1500 yards and 14 TD's...........and the Bills got the Jets reject.......Percy.:sick:

Almost same frickin' situation except insert Spencer Long for Osemele.:lol:

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

His contract with the Jets was modest, and the Jets have over 100 million in cap space. Him being cut really had nothing to do with his contract. Gase didn't want him.