The Clear Path in This Draft.

1 hour ago, MrEpsYtown said:

100% with you. Isabella got smothered on press coverage during senior bowl practices. Not really impressed by the guy's projection in the NFL. But in the right system perhaps he can make an impact. Every draft year Bills fans latch on to a wide reciever like this and I guess Isabella is the guy this year. I thought it would be Hunter Renfroe. I prefer David Sills. 

Not by the looks of it in the Senior Bowl where he posted a Julian Edelman-esque 7 catches for 74 yards, one rushing carry for 14 yards, and 1 TD.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MrEpsYtown said:

100% with you. Isabella got smothered on press coverage during senior bowl practices. Not really impressed by the guy's projection in the NFL. But in the right system perhaps he can make an impact. Every draft year Bills fans latch on to a wide reciever like this and I guess Isabella is the guy this year. I thought it would be Hunter Renfroe. I prefer David Sills. 

I actually like Isabella quite a bit; I just think a comparison to AB is pretty wild lol.

Isabella would be on my list for the second WR Buffalo takes in the draft (I want them to take at least 2). I prefer Stanley Morgan and Tyre Brady, both of whom can probably be had later in the draft, but I think Isabella is a pretty good option once we get to the 3rd round or so. 

12 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I actually like Isabella quite a bit; I just think a comparison to AB is pretty wild lol.

Isabella would be on my list for the second WR Buffalo takes in the draft (I want them to take at least 2). I prefer Stanley Morgan and Tyre Brady, both of whom can probably be had later in the draft, but I think Isabella is a pretty good option once we get to the 3rd round or so. 

Who's on your list for first WR taken? I'm a Hollywood/Metcalf guy. Not sold on Harry or Butler. I like AJ Brown as well, but below Metcalf and Brown.

6 minutes ago, Trust The Process said:

My Top 10 Wide Receivers in 2019 Draft

1. Andy Isabella

2. Marquise Brown

3. Hakeem Butler

4. Paris Campbell

5. AJ Brown

6. DK Metcalf

7.  N'Keal Harry

8. Deebo Samuel

9. JJ Arcega-Whiteside

10. Terry McLauren and Hunter Renfrow

REALLY? That's what your draft board would look like? I like Isabella as a prospect, but he wouldn't be in my top 5.

4 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Love how Bills fans are already revising history with the Antonio Brown saga, all over this forum. 

Negotiations never got as far as talking money or the Bills hearing a price they were unwilling to pay, because Brown via his agent Drew Rosenaus made it clear he straight up wouldn't go to Buffalo for any price or term.

Period.

Any suggestion that "the price was too high in the end so we walked away" is pure spin coming from OBD so as to try and save a little face and avoid further embarrassment over the entire misadventure.

And what were those guys doing going after Antonio Brown anyway?  I guess all the "process" and "culture" talk was in fact BS, just like it smelled like, all along!

Link please.

41 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I'm not much of a college football fan. But if Stanley Morgan Jr is anything like his father, I'd be in favor of drafting him in one of the later rounds. (assuming the Patriots don't draft him before us) I always thought his father was a helluva player...

A superstar WR is a waste of money if your QB can't get him the ball because he's running for his life because the line sucks, and if you do not have credible running game because your line sucks, and your TE has to be used for blocking because your line sucks. Job One this year is rebuilding the OL, starting with a center. Everything else is foolishness.

• Like (+1) 3

5 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Love how Bills fans are already revising history with the Antonio Brown saga, all over this forum. 

Negotiations never got as far as talking money or the Bills hearing a price they were unwilling to pay, because Brown via his agent Drew Rosenaus made it clear he straight up wouldn't go to Buffalo for any price or term.

Period.

Any suggestion that "the price was too high in the end so we walked away" is pure spin coming from OBD so as to try and save a little face and avoid further embarrassment over the entire misadventure.

And what were those guys doing going after Antonio Brown anyway?  I guess all the "process" and "culture" talk was in fact BS, just like it smelled like, all along!

Glad you and AB had that nice little fireside chat, and he told you all the details.

4 minutes ago, yungmack said:

A superstar WR is a waste of money if your QB can't get him the ball because he's running for his life because the line sucks, and if you do not have credible running game because your line sucks, and your TE has to be used for blocking because your line sucks. Job One this year is rebuilding the OL, starting with a center. Everything else is foolishness.

May be able to get a jump on rebuilding OL in free agency. That could change draft scenario.

6 hours ago, BillsFan1988 said:

Now we have competition at Wr

Zay

Foster

Duke

Rookie outside Wr

Isabella

TJ Hock 

Zay can't separate well enough to be a #1 or #2... I'd replace him with a kid like Greg Dortch from Wake Forest.

Foster is speedy, and versatile if he can consistently catch the ball, so he stays... I don't know much about Duke, but I require more than CFL-cred at WR to comfortable with hanging onto him... Hakeem Butler is a guy I like as a big, physical, threat... Reminds me of Plaxico to tell you the truth... I feel like Isabella will either be a Chief or a Cheat... Get him in space and it's first-and-goal every time. -Gotta have an accurate QB though... TJ Hock would be wonderful if the bills don't target a TE in free agency... I didn't see much scheming go into our offense last season. That has to change in order to use weapons like these.

1 hour ago, Trust The Process said:

My Top 10 Wide Receivers in 2019 Draft

1. Andy Isabella

2. Marquise Brown

3. Hakeem Butler

4. Paris Campbell

5. AJ Brown

6. DK Metcalf

7.  N'Keal Harry

8. Deebo Samuel

9. JJ Arcega-Whiteside

10. Terry McLauren and Hunter Renfrow

1. DK Metcalf (risk reward to great)

2. AJ Brown 

3. Deebo Samuels 

4. Riley Ridley 

5. Parris Campbell 

6. Andy Isabella 

7. NKeal Harry

8. Preston Williams 

9. Hakeem Butler 

10. Kelvin Harmon

1 hour ago, #34fan said:

Zay can't separate well enough to be a #1 or #2... I'd replace him with a kid like Greg Dortch from Wake Forest.

Foster is speedy, and versatile if he can consistently catch the ball, so he stays... I don't know much about Duke, but I require more than CFL-cred at WR to comfortable with hanging onto him... Hakeem Butler is a guy I like as a big, physical, threat... Reminds me of Plaxico to tell you the truth... I feel like Isabella will either be a Chief or a Cheat... Get him in space and it's first-and-goal every time. -Gotta have an accurate QB though... TJ Hock would be wonderful if the bills don't target a TE in free agency... I didn't see much scheming go into our offense last season. That has to change in order to use weapons like these.

I think the Steelers is a sweet spot for Andy to. 

7 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Period.

Seeing how none of us were actually on any of the phone discussions between any of the parties, we are all speculating.  I agree with you that Brown probably put out the stop sign on the deal.  Brown wants money and he wants the notoriety that playing in a bigger market will give him.  I'm glad Brown is going elsewhere and I could really care less as to why.

4 hours ago, Buffalophil1948 said:

Let's have this conversation in a week. If we don't build up the trenches in free agency then this draft needs to go a whole different way

Exactly!  I'm with you.

2 hours ago, BillsSB2020 said:

REALLY? That's what your draft board would look like? I like Isabella as a prospect, but he wouldn't be in my top 5.

I'm guessing this is the poster personal preference as far as he ranks them as they project as pros not were he would take them in the draft. I think Andy will be a top 5 Wr from this class when we look back in 2-3 yrs .

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, yungmack said:

Nobody has mentioned here not to do anything with the line. Were just saying to make that the biggest priority during free agency. If we build a line that can run block and give up 35 sks on the yr without giving up hurries every play in good with that.  We need a middle of the pack line. Of course I would like them to be the best but at what extent we throw all our assets this offseason ?

7 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Period.

hey gang - we're in the presence of an "insider". <_<