REPORT: Steelers trading Antonio Brown to Bills! - Per Ian Rapoport (Hold up....maybe, maybe not....) EDIT: DEAL NOT HAPPENING PER BRANDON BEANE - UPDATE: Traded to Raiders

sven233

11 minutes ago, billspro said:

I don’t think he was getting the same separation as the previous 2 seasons. He was not the consensus number 1 WR in football last year. Might not have even been the best WR on his team.

I don't agree. I still think he got separation and he was the best player on the Steelers again. I think any perceived production drop off (and the guy scored 15 TDs for crying out loud) should be attributed entirely to a Steelers offense that seemed to lose a sense of its identity in 2018. Without Lev Bell they started the season with no balance, throwing the ball all around the field then they decided that wasn't working and force fed Conner for 4 or 5 weeks and then by the time they hit the stretch run they were a mess of an offense relying entirely on talent and not really doing anything well schematically. They got away from themselves in trying to adjust to losing the best back in football. And in indulging Big Ben's propensity to blame everyone else when things go south they have cost themselves the best receiver in football too.

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't agree. I still think he got separation and he was the best player on the Steelers again. I think any perceived production drop off (and the guy scored 15 TDs for crying out loud) should be attributed entirely to a Steelers offense that seemed to lose a sense of its identity in 2018. Without Lev Bell they started the season with no balance, throwing the ball all around the field then they decided that wasn't working and force fed Conner for 4 or 5 weeks and then by the time they hit the stretch run they were a mess of an offense relying entirely on talent and not really doing anything well schematically. They got away from themselves in trying to adjust to losing the best back in football. And in indulging Big Ben's propensity to blame everyone else when things go south they have cost themselves the best receiver in football too.

NextGenStats indicated that Brown averaged 2.6 yards of separation per route run in 2018, which was the same as his average in 2017.  Both years represent about a 10% reduction from his average yards of separation per route run in 2016, which was 2.9.

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, K-9 said:

He was GREAT last year. 

Right up until he QUIT. 

On his teammates, coaches, and fans. 

Oh don't get me wrong his walking out on his team is indefensible. There are plenty of reasons to be leery about wanting to commit big resource to Antonio Brown. Age is one, diva attitude is another..... but his play when he is on the field? No signs whatsoever of slowing down for me.

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Yep, the next role guy steps up. And when Gronk goes down...the same thing.

The point is you do not need prima donnas and stat-padding players, you just need role players who can get it done and good coaching.

Not sure if you are just listing NE players you have heard of, or defending some point that top tier (stat-wise) receivers are needed for success.

Are you saying AB is going to bring a championship to his next team?

Yeah I am sure the Best ever TE to play the game is just a roll guy.  

Yeah I guess we don't need game breakers.  I have heard that now for two decades as well

21 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Ahhh another guy that just ignores everything out there as false and assumptions because it doesn't want to fit his rosey little outlook on the team

Rosey?  I started a thread predicting Zay won’t be in this team next year.  How is that “rosey”.

You on the other hand only know negativity, relish in it, and damn near dormant when things are going well and post non stop the moment you see something you can negatively clamp on to.  

So it’s a legit question why people ask you why you are even a fan.  You never resemble one.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Yeah I guess we don't need game breakers.  I have heard that now for two decades as well

You can't play both sides of the board here.  You claim that this team has had great WR talent that's gone on to flourish after leaving the team (which is defensible), but at the same time claim that you keep hearing about how the team doesn't need talented WRs...which is it?

Cowherd is frying AB and laughing at how he thinks he plays in NBA. Saying NFL players don’t have the value like the NBA guys. “If you’re such a great talent then why does no one care?”

Then blasting teams that allow their players to promote so much on twitter and social media.

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

You can't play both sides of the board here.  You claim that this team has had great WR talent that's gone on to flourish after leaving the team (which is defensible), but at the same time claim that you keep hearing about how the team doesn't need talented WRs...which is it?

If you are looking for something coherent from him, you’re gonna wait a long time.  The only part of his argument is that Bills do everything wrong, always.  He has no rhyme or reason to his pissing and moaning.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

Cowherd is frying AB and laughing at how he thinks he plays in NBA. Saying NFL players don’t have the value like the NBA guys. “If you’re such a great talent then why does no one care?”

Then blasting teams that allow their players to promote so much on twitter and social media.

Cowherd enjoys ranting about Pittsburgh.

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

If you are looking for something coherent from him, you’re gonna wait a long time.  The only part of his argument is that Bills do everything wrong, always.  He has no rhyme or reason to his pissing and moaning.

Mind boggling, isn't it?

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Needed some time to heal? Everybody in the league "needs some time to heal" late in the season. 

What a crock of crap. 

It was his, and HIS ALONE, decision to QUIT. I don't care how much of an A Hole his coach is. I don't care how much of a douche Big Ben is. Antonio Brown decided to QUIT on his teammates, coaches, and fans during a playoff chase. Period. 

I'll say this though, his body needing time to heal is the best is the most original excuse I've heard. 

Veteran players are rested all the time in the NFL. Its nothing new in my humble opinion K-9.

Tomlin decided to make an example of AB for the wrong reasons IMO.

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Rosey?  I started a thread predicting Zay won’t be in this team next year.  How is that “rosey”.

You on the other hand only know negativity, relish in it, and damn near dormant when things are going well and post non stop the moment you see something you can negatively clamp on to.  

So it’s a legit question why people ask you why you are even a fan.  You never resemble one.  

Dormant?

If you must know seeing you have some infatuation with me.  I recently retried from Army, took a nice three month trip to Europe with the family from Nov-Jan, landed a new job as a defense contractor, took time to get another PM certification.  And now around the time offseason picks up for a bit I decided to post.

So saw this, thought it was a good move, hope it signifies a shift in the typical buffalo mindset for how to play the game.  And of course see a bunch of very thinly skinned Bills fans upset that a top flight WR said NOPE I will not play on your team (so posted I see his point).  I am sorry all these thin skinned Bills fans cannot.  For such a "hardworking" "blue collar" "lunch pale" fan base there are a lot of rice paper thin skins here.

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Have you ever met @Straight Hucklebuck?  You should. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

every year someone leaves. ahhh they sucked.  Look at well lets say Woods.  Every year it is just the same thing, talent leaving this team and the fan base eating it up.  I have been on record since this Regime came into Bills there was absolutely zero need to throw the baby out with the bath water, liked they chose too.  But what happens all these same fans defend it.  Then use the excuse of wait until they have cap space, well they cause the cap issue last year.

So I wait.  I am going on year not THREE waiting to see what a legacy defensive coach and his puppet GM that preach family and DNA and Culture actually put on the offensive side of the field, because well it has been Laughable now for two years.  guess year  is a charm. o will it be this time next offseason with the same fans telling me I am BLIND to what they are building?

Edited by MAJBobby

13 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Gronk was a great TE.  Best ever?  Nope.