Robert Kraft charged in prostitution ring bust ( Update: Kraft legal team accused of lying in court)

YoloinOhio

34 minutes ago, JohnC said:

There is plenty of low grade illegal behavior that isn't pursued by the authorities to the extent that this case is treated. But let's put that judgment aside for this discussion. Whether he violated a law or not doesn't mean that he can't vigorously contest the charges and method in which this case was pursued. The bigger transgression in my view is how this case was/is handled. The more troubling issue isn't so much of a two bit statue violation as it is how the public authorities behaved. What's going on here is that the police and prosecuting authority is trying to coerce him into submission by threatening to release the tape/s and humiliating him. That in my view is wrong. 

There is no doubt that Kraft and his robust legal team is going to aggressively pursue this matter. In the end odds are that they will win. (My opinion.) You may be morally outraged by a 77 yr old widower having his orifice probed by a feminine finger but I am not.  

It's not a matter of my moral outrage: I think prostitution should be legal.  It's the hypocrisy of being an owner in a league that punishes guys caught with weed, a similarly harmless offense, for which they have to face legal repercussions, and even if they don't, still have to face league repercussions.  In this case, I'm fine with the video coming out and him skating on charges, meager as they'd be.  But let's be real: the manner in which they got him had no bearing on him breaking the law.  That's on him and him alone.

Seems like a tough thing to prove.  As for the sex trafficking element the 2 women where in their 40's and 50's respectively.  For me this is a non issue.  Kraft was at the wrong place at the wrong time.  I'd be shocked if the case makes it to trial.

9 hours ago, Doc said:

It's not a matter of my moral outrage: I think prostitution should be legal.  It's the hypocrisy of being an owner in a league that punishes guys caught with weed, a similarly harmless offense, for which they have to face legal repercussions, and even if they don't, still have to face league repercussions. In this case, I'm fine with the video coming out and him skating on charges, meager as they'd be.  But let's be real: the manner in which they got him had no bearing on him breaking the law.  That's on him and him alone.

I agree with you on the absurdity of the outdated drug policy.  The league weed policy is foolish. That needs to change and probably will be changed in the next contract agreement. 

Where I strenuously disagree with you is that it is inappropriate and illegal for a public authority to have evidence and then sell it. Who ever is involved in such an unethical transgression should be fired and criminally charged. I'm not referring to legal public disclosure of evidence but the selling of it by someone involved in the legal system. 

Your fixation on exposing a tape of an old man getting a tension relieving anal massage is weird. You are kinky,  :) 

13 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I agree with you on the absurdity of the outdated drug policy.  The league weed policy is foolish. That needs to change and probably will be changed in the next contract agreement. 

Where I strenuously disagree with you is that it is inappropriate and illegal for a public authority to have evidence and then sell it. Who ever is involved in such an unethical transgression should be fired and criminally charged. I'm not referring to legal public disclosure of evidence but the selling of it by someone involved in the legal system. 

Your fixation on exposing a tape of an old man getting a tension relieving anal massage is weird. You are kinky,  :) 

I don’t agree with selling the tape. But it happens. And like I said, I have no more interest in seeing it than I did that 2 girls 1 cup garbage. Just knowing it’s out there is enough. ;)

The betting line should be on what happens first: the NFL changes its policy on weed or the NFL proudly promotes its first tranny cheerleader- I think the tranny wins that race.

13 hours ago, Doc said:

How?  You can challenge whatever you want.  You can also make any excuse you want for illegal behavior, but what is it you always said about excuses, John?

Absolutely no one but you and that other guy posting here is claiming that these guys have no standing to challenge the video evidence against them.  Besides being intuitively true,  every development since the story broke has made it overwhelming obvious that not only do they  have standing they are using it to challenge the tape and the court is considering its admissibility.....one court has already suppressed it

Edited by Mr. WEO

37 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Absolutely no one but you and that other guy posting here is claiming that these guys have no standing to challenge the video evidence against them.  Besides being intuitively true,  every development since the story broke has made it overwhelming obvious that not only do they  have standing they are using it to challenge the tape and the court is considering its admissibility.....one court has already suppressed it

I have never said they can't challenge it.  The question is whether they'll win.  And your one alleged example doesn't negate the fact that many others haven't won.

And like I told John, how they caught him wasn't the reason he broke the law.  Again if this were anyone else, you wouldn't be writing pages upon pages of defense for them.

On 5/2/2019 at 11:39 AM, Kirby Jackson said:

Think that we now know why the tape is being suppressed....

This Bob Kraft story is the gift that just keeps on giving 

I mean I just assumed fingers were involved.  

And which of you sickos would watch this when it gets released???  I’m looking your way BillfromNYC!

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I mean I just assumed fingers were involved.  

And which of you sickos would watch this when it gets released???  I’m looking your way BillfromNYC!

100% I will. I’m going to get a screenshot at the most embarrassing moment and have a sign made that’s 3 sections long. Roll that out vs. the Pats

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

2 in the stink, 5 on the dink?

I just threw up a little bit.

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

100% I will. I’m going to get a screenshot at the most embarrassing moment and have a sign made that’s 3 sections long. Roll that out vs. the Pats

Maybe one of those crowd flip card things? I'll donate.

IMG_2687-900x600.thumb.jpg.b651b86f1e3b11d057a23226d31255ce.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1