Cuts around the League

YoloinOhio

12 minutes ago, cle23 said:

He wasn't worth near the salary he was getting. Paid like an All-Pro, played average.

Wonder why the Browns did not try to rework his deal. While clearly overpaid, he was quite solid last year. I would not mind pairing him with Tremaine Edmunds and Matt Milano so long as he costs 4 mill or less per year. He is great in coverage but a little hit and miss in run defense. 

4 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Wonder why the Browns did not try to rework his deal. While clearly overpaid, he was quite solid last year. I would not mind pairing him with Tremaine Edmunds and Matt Milano so long as he costs 4 mill or less per year. He is great in coverage but a little hit and miss in run defense. 

They did. He declined. He's decent, but he slacked off a lot last year. Lacked effort and gave up a lot.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I know these have been discussed ..  these are NFL.com links 

cracking the top 40  (loaded with D) 

Adam Humphries  WR

Good football player alert: Humphries is a tough slot receiver with good hands, easy separation between the numbers and a punt returner's ability to make something out of nothing after the catch. Julian Edelman -- after taxes.

20 hours ago, BuffAlone said:

Wonder why? Always liked that dude

Me too, always liked Jamie Collins, even as a Pat. The scuttlebutt is that his play didn't match his big price tag.

He had over 100 tackles last year but his sacks/ PD/ FF were down. He wasn't making enough 'explosive plays'.

I'd be aok bringing him in and rotating him and LorAx at OLB with Milano and Edmunds. LorAx is getting up there in age and Milano is coming off a terrible injury.

Jamie Collins is beautiful insurance at OLB in both situations and allows a 3 man rotation at OLB.

I'm sure he would like 2 cracks or more at the Pats each year.

4 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:
I know these have been discussed ..  these are NFL.com links 

cracking the top 40  (loaded with D) 

Adam Humphries  WR

Good football player alert: Humphries is a tough slot receiver with good hands, easy separation between the numbers and a punt returner's ability to make something out of nothing after the catch. Julian Edelman -- after taxes.

I also like Humphires.

Collins/ Humprhies/ James/ Uzomah/ Crabtree/ Tate. These are the type of vet playmakers I want Buffalo to start adding.

Spend like drunken sailors on the lines to get to the spending base, but have a plan to rotate them out in the next 2+ yrs.

Backfill or keep signing the Collins/Humphries/James of the NFL world. If one 'clicks' extend him. If not let him walk after 2-3 years.

Edited by RocCityRoller

Just now, DCbillsfan said:

OK Bandit.  What do Bills do in first round if they sign Malik Jackson?  Do they go DE?

BPA my friend; well, BPA at a key position (i.e. WR, corner, or pass rusher since they obviously won't be going QB).

And if that BPA is still an interior DLman, so be it.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Not sure where he is skill wise right now, but another quality/good guard on the market. I really like how the OL market is developing. 

That's a big yes if he's healthy

It's a good year to be a team that needs OL help...these cuts have put a lot of volume into the market.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, TheBeane said:

Carlos Hyde, S Tashaun Gipson and RT Jermey Parnell all also released by the Jags.

Take a look at Hyde and Parnell....

I was thinking the same thing. Hyde, a younger, better version of Ivory (why was he signed to a 2yr deal?). Parnell will be 33 but after a 30 second search...still seemed to play pretty well.

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

BPA my friend; well, BPA at a key position (i.e. WR, corner, or pass rusher since they obviously won't be going QB).

And if that BPA is still an interior DLman, so be it.

there is a chance Greedy Williams slides to 9.  And PFF keeps selecting Byron Murphy for the Bills. BillNYC has been banging the drum for offensive line for 20 years.  if we spend another first round pick on a CB- this board will crash!