Hate Crime or Hoax?

The_Dude

• Replies 946
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, BeginnersMind said:

Me too. I thought for sure he was going to made an example out of. I wonder if some of the evidence they got was tainted somehow. 

Jussie has a clean record now!

OJ and Jussie searching for the real perpetrators. 

Of course.

OJ did prove back in the 90s that the system works.

A rich black man can get off just like a rich white man.

Edited by reddogblitz
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Actually, AOC is the kind of bartender that, back in my youth, I would have spent a few hours with in the back seat of my car after closing.  Then immediately regretted it, because I could never return to that bar again.

Was is a gharry, a hackney, or a hansom?

4 hours ago, BeginnersMind said:

Soros funded a lot of pro-defendant DAs across the country in the last few years in cities he has no relationship with as part of some personal mission against what he believes are overzealous prosecutors.

A former DA friend of mine (very conservative, as are many DAs!) doesn't think this decision is that out of line for a big city DA. When you're facing 500 murders a year and lots of violent crime, spending a ton of resources, which it would take in a case like this, to prosecute a guy for a hoax, a guy with no record and not likely to do it again, a history of active community service, keeping his 10K, and almost zero chance of perpetrating a violent crime, would be a waste of resources better spent making Chicago safer (!).

It doesn't feel good or right, but there's some sense to it. The reality of an overburdened system. 

Of course, here at PPP, it has to be part of the master conspiracy.

There's quite a bit of sense to it: the indictment was ridiculous.  16 counts of disorderly conduct - they charged him for every time he talked to a police officer, as though each instance was a separate police report.  Ask your DA friend if he's ever heard of any such thing.  That's obscenely stupid, and a complete waste of everyone's time - who the hell wants to try such an idiotic laundry list of charges that you can't plea-bargain (because how the hell do you plea-bargain 16 different charges for a single crime?) and can't win (because find twelve people stupid enough to believe that one hoax is sixteen instances of disorderly conduct, and a judge willing something that moronic go to jury.)

The prosecutors set this up, either through gross stupidity in presenting it to the grand jury, or through gross malfeasance knowing that no court would ever hear such a ludicrous indictment.

And aside from all that...don't forget, the dumbass still has no-***** federal charges to face related to sending a white powder through the mail.  He's still facing no-***** federal pound-me-in-the-ass prison time for that.

4 hours ago, BeginnersMind said:

Soros funded a lot of pro-defendant DAs across the country in the last few years in cities he has no relationship with as part of some personal mission against what he believes are overzealous prosecutors.

A former DA friend of mine (very conservative, as are many DAs!) doesn't think this decision is that out of line for a big city DA. When you're facing 500 murders a year and lots of violent crime, spending a ton of resources, which it would take in a case like this, to prosecute a guy for a hoax, a guy with no record and not likely to do it again, a history of active community service, keeping his 10K, and almost zero chance of perpetrating a violent crime, would be a waste of resources better spent making Chicago safer (!).

It doesn't feel good or right, but there's some sense to it. The reality of an overburdened system. 

Of course, here at PPP, it has to be part of the master conspiracy.

Soros' personal mission is against overzealous prosecutors?  Shirley, you can't be serious.

Any comment on the waste of resources spent by police when this was assumed to be an actual crime?  10k does not begin to cover it.

22 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

There's quite a bit of sense to it: the indictment was ridiculous.  16 counts of disorderly conduct - they charged him for every time he talked to a police officer, as though each instance was a separate police report.  Ask your DA friend if he's ever heard of any such thing.  That's obscenely stupid, and a complete waste of everyone's time - who the hell wants to try such an idiotic laundry list of charges that you can't plea-bargain (because how the hell do you plea-bargain 16 different charges for a single crime?) and can't win (because find twelve people stupid enough to believe that one hoax is sixteen instances of disorderly conduct, and a judge willing something that moronic go to jury.)

The prosecutors set this up, either through gross stupidity in presenting it to the grand jury, or through gross malfeasance knowing that no court would ever hear such a ludicrous indictment.

And aside from all that...don't forget, the dumbass still has no-***** federal charges to face related to sending a white powder through the mail.  He's still facing no-***** federal pound-me-in-the-ass prison time for that.

That may be what he was hoping for.

8 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Fingers crossed that he gets his. 

8 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Soros' personal mission is against overzealous prosecutors?  Shirley, you can't be serious.

He believes that prison terms are too harsh and saw how far his money goes to buy DA and lesser elections. So he’s donated gross amounts to sway DA races where defense attorneys are running for city DA jobs. It’s awful. 

8 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Any comment on the waste of resources spent by police when this was assumed to be an actual crime?  10k does not begin to cover it.

Total waste. I’m with the police commissioner. 

27 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Because other than mail fraud the crimes were local unless they can call them "hate crime".

a few talking heads stated it was a Federal matter on day one, i had no reason to doubt them, that was my "proof"

Canadians are big on irony and Federalism, in all inconceivable facets..... :D

i see a few headlines on the sentencing of 7 people who did the same thing as the accused here, haven't read up on them

Edited by row_33

45 minutes ago, row_33 said:

now it's the Feds turn, was asking from day one why they weren't in full control of this

It might be harder to prove that case. They have to link the letter/powder to him as its source. I am not enmeshed in the details but I don’t remember anyone admitting that they helped him do that particular piece. Or did the brothers cop to that too?

Edited by BeginnersMind

6 hours ago, row_33 said:

a few talking heads stated it was a Federal matter on day one, i had no reason to doubt them, that was my "proof"

Canadians are big on irony and Federalism, in all inconceivable facets..... :D

i see a few headlines on the sentencing of 7 people who did the same thing as the accused here, haven't read up on them

They said that because it was a "hate crime."

They were wrong, because a hate crime hoax is not a federal crime.