Hate Crime or Hoax?

The_Dude

• Replies 946
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, bdutton said:

Yup.... part of the agreement to drop the charges was the City of Chicago gets to keep his bond... amounting to $10,000.

I saw that. Though I'm quite sure that substantially more than $10,000 changed hands to secure this deal.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, row_33 said:

you don't have to pay a second more of attention to the victim, if you don't want to

Ignoring truth is generally a bad idea and since truth was the biggest victim, I disagree.  

As as an individual I can certainly ignore Jussie and most likely will.  But if you think it is healthy for a society to encourage behavior like his by letting it go unpunished, you are mistaken. 

• Like (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, row_33 said:

you don't have to pay a second more of attention to the victim, if you don't want to

You don't need to respond to their opinions on it, if you have nothing of value to say.

13 minutes ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

You don't need to respond to their opinions on it, if you have nothing of value to say.

well????  are they OPPRESSED that Jussie isn't as upset as he should be???

no wait, they should WALLOW in it, make sure to imbibe 25 hours of media coverage by Good Friday

15 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

Jussie was going to rat out Harris and Booker.

So Foxx dropped the charges to keep him quiet.

What if he said Trump put him up to it?

there's the news cycle for the next 2 years, CNN would budget 2900 hours to the story

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

All charges dropped... 

Wonder what happened.

Don't know.  Have my suspicions, but no data.

Regardless, it is IMHO a bad look for the D's as it makes them look once again like they don't give a rat's bippy about following the rules and once again they are playing the identity us vs them game.  (Of course, they also couldn't give a rat's bippy whether I agree with the decision.)

• Like (+1) 1