The "National Emergency" Thread

Tiberius

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

If they were smart, the Democratic House would respond by taking those line items out of the 2020 budget request with the justification "If you can reallocate it to spend on a wall, you don't need it to begin with."

They are, of course, not that smart.

it has been my experience that government/military money spent this fiscal year is justification for the same funds allocated next year.  whether or not the funds are spent on the original allocation or on, for example, batting cages in the hangar bay of an aircraft carrier that are then donated to a park in a foreign country

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

is a sanctuary city at least smart enough to give the releasees a ride to the edge of town and warning to never return?

No.

At least in CA, they give you a pass.

And a phone.

And an EBT card.

And a voter registration form.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

No.

And a phone.

And an EBT card.

didn't work against Rambo, come to think of it...

13 minutes ago, Dante said:

Hell, the prez doesn't even have to consult them to go to war anymore.

it's always been an issue, it has heightened in seriousness the last 50+ years

Ok, is Trump really this stupid, or does he just think his supporters are? 

“I’ll just close the border, and with a deficit like we have with Mexico and have had for many years, closing the border will be a profit-making operation,” Trump said, after he announced the departure of Small Business Administrator Linda McMahon, which was the press conference’s main purpose.

https://www.vox.com/2019/3/29/18287491/trump-closing-border-mexico-trade-not-how-it-works

34 minutes ago, Dante said:

This would freak me out. The poor woman has to buy a guard dog. A Glock might not be a bad idea either. 

https://www.citizenfreepress.com/breaking/its-a-freaking-invasion-check-this-out/

Nothing to see here, future Democratic Party voters coming through.

Incoming GG to tell us that we should give all these people amnesty for the good of the nation.

On 3/20/2019 at 11:46 AM, LABillzFan said:

No.

And a phone.

And an EBT card.

I would say Thank God I don't live in California, but that automatically gets derailed because I live in another crap Democratic state (NY).

Trump should shut down the southern border immediately.

It was good enough to be done in the 20's with massive immigration overflow. So it is good enough to be done now.

1 minute ago, njbuff said:

I would say Thank God I don't live in California, but that automatically gets derailed because I live in another crap Democratic state (NY).

Trump should shut down the southern border immediately.

It was good enough to be done in the 20's with massive immigration overflow. So it is good enough to be done now.

I've lived in CA for 36 years after spending my first 20 in NY.  All I have to say is thank God I don't live in NY. 

Just now, Chef Jim said:

I've lived in CA for 36 years after spending my first 20 in NY.  All I have to say is thank God I don't live in NY. 

NY state is rotten to the core.

California is a looney state to the core.

I wish I didn't have to live in one of them, but the wife is a nYer at heart and she doesn't want to leave. Maybe one day............ when I am dead.?

46 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

What part of SoCal?

Most of it.

At the risk of this coming out wrong, it's easier to not see the schitthole part of CA when you don't have children. The network of children's friends merging with school, civic and other social activities leads you to places you'd otherwise avoid if you could.

Kids' birthdays by themselves take you to Chuck E. Cheese, or the local park where bathrooms...even in OC...are fully occupied with creeps. Church or Boy Scouts, etc. take you to serve at homeless shelters or cleaning up trash in nasty areas. Everywhere you turn there's someone living in a tent under a bush by a park, etc. 

Last night's news did a story about trying to address homelessness in SoCal, and it was followed by another piece addressing college student homelessness. College students are living in their freaking cars in neighborhoods because the colleges are making them move their car.

It's a schitthole, Jim. And it only shows signs of getting worse.

But hey...nice view, amiright? :lol:

As you know I don't have kids.  I rarely venture from my bucolic South OC neighborhood.  I rarely see homeless people my way.  So give me crap for burying my head in the sand but it's nice smelling clean sand.  BTW how was the earthquake this morning in your hood?  

4 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

There's your problem.  ;)

Anaheim.....Azusa and Cucamonga!!

You're probably too young to get that reference. 

I’m older than you think. There’s a statue of Jack Benny at the Rancho Cucamonga Quakes baseball stadium.  And yes, the team is called the ‘Quakes’! 

3 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

As you know I don't have kids.  I rarely venture from my bucolic South OC neighborhood.  I rarely see homeless people my way.  So give me crap for burying my head in the sand but it's nice smelling clean sand.  BTW how was the earthquake this morning in your hood?  

Hey, don't misinterpret what I was saying. I'm not giving you crap about anything. I just know that having a kid drew me to places I would never, ever go. Just eliminating Chuck E. Cheese from your life is a major bonus. But when you have kids, you can't escape it. 

I happened to be awake when it hit this morning. Just 3.5, but close enough to really shake. Not surprising, my initial concern was "Please, no. Please, no. I'm almost half way through escrow."

Edited by LABillzFan

5 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

Hey, don't misinterpret what I was saying. I'm not giving you crap about anything. I just know that having a kid drew me to places I would never, ever go. Just eliminating Chuck E. Cheese from your life is a major bonus. But when you have kids, you can't escape it. 

I happened to be awake when it hit this morning. Just 3.5, but close enough to really shake. Not surprising, my initial concern was "Please, no. Please, no. I'm almost half way through escrow."

Lots of stories today about how it's a precursor, because California is in an "earthquake drought" that has no precedent in the last thousand years...

...which sounds suspiciously like it's due to global warming.

6 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Lots of stories today about how it's a precursor, because California is in an "earthquake drought" that has no precedent in the last thousand years...

...which sounds suspiciously like it's due to global warming.

Damn that Trump! Global warming cooling climate change was not a thing before January 20, 2017!