The "National Emergency" Thread

Tiberius

6 hours ago, BigMcD said:

Not a chance! I have a long list of things I want to do which will keep me plenty busy! 

No I'm talking about running out of money.  

3 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Not a lot of better options in Canuckistan, I guess...

You guess???

4 minutes ago, BigMcD said:

Doesn’t matter what they are called, what matters is that you have enough of them!

but you're going to need somewhere to keep it.  like some kind of container, and a container for Canadian money is a Loonie bin

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, /dev/null said:

but you're going to need somewhere to keep it.  like some kind of container, and a container for Canadian money is a Loonie bin

Loonies are coins. I prefer paper (or what used to be paper) and electronic transactions. 

1 hour ago, BigMcD said:

I’m ok there. 

If I had a nickel for every time I heard that.  

58 minutes ago, BigMcD said:

1 hour ago, BigMcD said:

Doesn’t matter what they are called, what matters is that you have enough of them!

Yup..... back to work at 52. 

56 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

If I had a nickel for every time I heard that.  

Yup..... back to work at 52. 

You have no clue what you are talking about in this case. Just because I am retired, doesn’t mean I have stopped earning. 

21 minutes ago, BigMcD said:

You have no clue what you are talking about in this case. Just because I am retired, doesn’t mean I have stopped earning. 

I don't know your whole situation but I'm very familiar with what i'm talking about. 

Edited by Chef Jim

2 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I don't know you're whole situation but I'm very familiar with what i'm talking about. 

I know what you do. You don’t have clients who have retired at 49? Maybe you are not as good at your job as you thought? Tell them to give me a call. 

1 hour ago, BigMcD said:

I know what you do. You don’t have clients who have retired at 49? Maybe you are not as good at your job as you thought? Tell them to give me a call. 

I don’t believe a word you have typed into here.

8 hours ago, BigMcD said:

Really? I am stating facts. No argument. 

I've seen your "facts". No matter how much you piss and moan about the unfairness of it all, no Canadian hockey team has brought home The Cup for 25 years. That's 1/4 of a century, halfway to your first retirement or half the time since Margaret Trudeau flashed her beaver for all to see.

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

I've seen your "facts". No matter how much you piss and moan about the unfairness of it all, no Canadian hockey team has brought home The Cup for 25 years. That's 1/4 of a century, halfway to your first retirement or half the time since Margaret Trudeau flashed her beaver for all to see.

He’s a rich man of leisure, who boasts endlessly about it, and spends a lot of time on here posting horribly crass comments.

if I had all that $$, I wouldn’t be spending my time here in complete alienation like that....

just sayin....

54 minutes ago, row_33 said:

He’s a rich man of leisure, who boasts endlessly about it, and spends a lot of time on here posting horribly crass comments.

if I had all that $$, I wouldn’t be spending my time here in complete alienation like that....

just sayin....

Well good for you! Sometimes it’s fun to slum. I might get bored of it? 

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

just sayin....

It's like he's on a mission to make all Canadians look bad. He's The Ugly Canadian.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

It's like he's on a mission to make all Canadians look bad. He's The Ugly Canadian.

I know a lot of wealthy people, I’m sure not one, and they don’t boast about all the money they have.

a real Canadian with $$$ would never brag about having it, we know how much resentment it spawns in a jiffy

3 hours ago, row_33 said:

I know a lot of wealthy people, I’m sure not one, and they don’t boast about all the money they have.

a real Canadian with $$$ would never brag about having it, we know how much resentment it spawns in a jiffy

In person they wouldn’t. On the internet to a bunch of losers? Hell yeah! 

52 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I can't wait to see how many are from liberal congressional districts. Trump is enough of a troller to make sure the Pentagon drains them first.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

I can't wait to see how many are from liberal congressional districts. Trump is enough of a troller to make sure the Pentagon drains them first.

Does it not strike you as odd that they are naming projects that are 3 times the amount he is looking for? That'll keep 'em guessing.

5 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Does it not strike you as odd that they are naming projects that are 3 times the amount he is looking for? That'll keep 'em guessing.

No, it's about what I expected. Hell, the whole 'national emergency' thing has been a feint from the beginning.

The idiots are chasing their tails crying about it, while he's using other laws to legally re-appropriate the money.

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

If they were smart, the Democratic House would respond by taking those line items out of the 2020 budget request with the justification "If you can reallocate it to spend on a wall, you don't need it to begin with."

They are, of course, not that smart.

• Like (+1) 1