The "National Emergency" Thread

Tiberius

Just now, DC Tom said:

Oh, okay.  You're just being even stupider than usual.

You are just as stupid as you usually are 

Just now, 3rdnlng said:

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Her job to follow the law, not go beyond it. 

Well, which is it, punk?

She did resign right? Yawn 

Just now, DC Tom said:

What the *****?  Did you just ***** up "Double dumbass pork chop on you?"  :lol:

See, I knew you would say that, therefore I'm am totally right on. You are just as stupid as always! Dumb! 

So predictable in your stupidity, yawn 

A U.S. judge on Monday, April 8, 2019, blocked the Trump administration's policy of returning asylum seekers to Mexico as they wait for an immigration court to hear their cases but the order won't immediately go into effect. The policy lacks sufficient protections to ensure migrants don’t face “undue risk to their lives or freedom” in Mexico, the judge said.

Edited by Hedge
  • Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Not really.  She wasn't remarkable, but she was basically competent.

I don't know what she could've lawfully done differently. She was dealing with mixed signals from the top as Trump somehow wants to get tough on the border without any bad press.  I actually feel bad for her as she's despised by the left for working for Trump and despised by many on the right for failing Trump.

Edited by Doc Brown

9 hours ago, Hedge said:

Clarence Thomas has gone on record saying that he would like to eliminate the nationwide injunctions that these District Court Judges impose. These idiot activist judges are going to grant him his opportunity.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Foxx said:

Won't that mean more people will leave those countries then? If the foreign aid evaporates there will be even more poverty there. Or, is that the point of cutting aid, so more migrants come? The GOP has nothing else to run on. Intellectually bankrupt they are. 

The party of ideas :lol:

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

How much of that funding actually goes to help the people in need? How much is taken off the top first, by the cartels, by the corrupt government and NGO officials? Do you know? Do you care?

All (well, not really all) that really matters is how it makes them feel. That's why liberalism is such a failure. It is based on wishing rather than pragmatism.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

How much of that funding actually goes to help the people in need? How much is taken off the top first, by the cartels, by the corrupt government and NGO officials? Do you know? Do you care?

Foreign aid is the mechanism by which money is redistributed from poor people in rich countries to rich people in poor countries.

• Like (+1) 5

3 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Foreign aid is the mechanism by which money is redistributed from poor people in rich countries to rich people in poor countries.

You know, I liken this 'foreign aid being necessary to stop migrants' argument to idiots who refuse to pay child support and whine about losing their licenses. Their argument is invariably that they cannot possibly pay when they can't work due to having no driver's license. They tend not to have an answer when it's pointed out that they weren't paying when they could drive to work, so who cares?

The foreign aid was clearly not stemming the tide of migrants trying to illegally enter our country. The money has clearly been stolen by the corrupt elements in their governments. What the ***** do we care if their foreign aid is cut off? What are these shithole countries going to do, send another migrant caravan with mysterious funding and organizers behind it?

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Koko78 said:

You know, I liken this 'foreign aid being necessary to stop migrants' argument to idiots who refuse to pay child support and whine about losing their licenses. Their argument is invariably that they cannot possibly pay when they can't work due to having no driver's license. They tend not to have an answer when it's pointed out that they weren't paying when they could drive to work, so who cares?

The foreign aid was clearly not stemming the tide of migrants trying to illegally enter our country. The money has clearly been stolen by the corrupt elements in their governments. What the ***** do we care if their foreign aid is cut off? What are these shithole countries going to do, send another migrant caravan with mysterious funding and organizers behind it?

I'd like to see  @GG respond to this, as he's a huge proponent of amnesties AND foreign aid to banana republics.