The "National Emergency" Thread

Tiberius

3 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I'd like to see  @GG respond to this, as he's a huge proponent of amnesties AND foreign aid to banana republics.

Couldn't last a week without making a moronic comment?

Please point to where I spoke in favor of blanket foreign aid and amnesty?   If you're going to call me out, then don't be a ***** gatorman.

On 4/8/2019 at 10:13 AM, DC Tom said:

Not really.  She wasn't remarkable, but she was basically competent.

On 4/8/2019 at 9:17 AM, Tiberius said:

God knows what he was asking her to do when she resigned. 

The purge continues   Alles,   Kirstejen Nielsen and acting Deputy Secretary Claire Grady

Some rumors say that Trump Just Purged DHS Because Its Leaders Weren’t Breaking the Law Enough.  Border agents were ignoring his "demands" 

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

The purge continues   Alles,   Kirstejen Nielsen and acting Deputy Secretary Claire Grady

Some rumors say that Trump Just Purged DHS Because Its Leaders Weren’t Breaking the Law Enough.  Border agents were ignoring his "demands" 

Do you have any clue why Grady resigned? As deputy secretary she would have been scheduled to replace her boss. Trump would not have been able to put his choice in place.

Did we hang up a sign, "Idiots Wanted"?

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

They weren't breaking any laws.

2 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

They weren't breaking any laws.

Worse, in typical Trump fashion he's allowed the judiciary to box himself in that anything he does will violate some kind of court order

6 minutes ago, row_33 said:

grateful i'm not in a pressure cooker of a job like working for Trump must be

seems only strong (really strong) women can thrive in this kind of work place

Kellyanne Conway must fit the bill. Ask George.

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:
Um... Isn't that the entire purpose of Sanctuary cities? 

Not to mention, everyone knows Obama dumped them into red states.

I'm not a big fan of whataboutism, but watching Dems complain about getting what they want is pretty funny.

• Like (+1) 3

He's just flailing. Emergencies, scapegoating, coming up with stupid plans, telling lie after lie and getting nothing done. What a joke this guy is. Too bad his rhetoric is so hateful and inspiring to the losers of society who actually believes he is on their side. 

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

He's just flailing. Emergencies, scapegoating, coming up with stupid plans, telling lie after lie and getting nothing done. What a joke this guy is. Too bad his rhetoric is so hateful and inspiring to the losers of society who actually believes he is on their side. 

Honest question: 

If you had a ballot initiative on your next local ballot which asked you to vote for one or the other of the following, which would you vote for: 

A. The State shall provide free health care and college education to any undocumented immigrant who seeks it. 

or

B. The State shall provide free health care and adult education programs to all homeless citizen who seeks it.

Which do you vote for, knowing you cannot choose both? 

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

Honest question: 

If you had a ballot initiative on your next local ballot which asked you to vote for one or the other of the following, which would you vote for: 

A. The State shall provide free health care and college education to any undocumented immigrant who seeks it. 

or

B. The State shall provide free health care and adult education programs to all homeless citizen who seeks it.

Which do you vote for, knowing you cannot choose both? 

What's the point?

Neither would change the fact that Trump is unfit for office and we have gotten real lucky so far that his incompetence hasn't seriously hurt us, or at least as far as we know, it hasn't. 

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

What's the point?

Neither would change the fact that Trump is unfit for office and we have gotten real lucky so far that his incompetence hasn't seriously hurt us, or at least as far as we know, it hasn't. 

I'm not interested in Trump, I'm interested in your honest opinion on that choice because we are having a discussion, like two rational people.

It's a one or the other choice, you can't do both.

Which would you choose?

11 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I'm not interested in Trump, I'm interested in your honest opinion on that choice because we are having a discussion, like two rational people.

It's a one or the other choice, you can't do both.

Which would you choose?

Why do you keep doing this to yourself? You know that he does not have a backbone and will not answer.

• Like (+1) 2