The "National Emergency" Thread

Tiberius

4 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

As you know I don't have kids.  I rarely venture from my bucolic South OC neighborhood.  I rarely see homeless people my way.  So give me crap for burying my head in the sand but it's nice smelling clean sand.  BTW how was the earthquake this morning in your hood?  

Instead of burying your head in the sand, why don’t you go and talk to the homeless? You too good to take the time and listen to their stories? 

Edited by BigMcD

48 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Lots of stories today about how it's a precursor, because California is in an "earthquake drought" that has no precedent in the last thousand years...

...which sounds suspiciously like it's due to global warming.

May 20th. That's my date. Once the funds transfer and the keys are handed off, CA can do whatever the eff it wants. Earthquakes, drought, open borders, ban pate', sanctuary state, ban guns and ammo, let little boys share showers with little girls...have all the fun you want.

But just get me wheels up on May 20th.

2 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

Hey, don't misinterpret what I was saying. I'm not giving you crap about anything. I just know that having a kid drew me to places I would never, ever go. Just eliminating Chuck E. Cheese from your life is a major bonus. But when you have kids, you can't escape it. 

I happened to be awake when it hit this morning. Just 3.5, but close enough to really shake. Not surprising, my initial concern was "Please, no. Please, no. I'm almost half way through escrow."

Oh I wasn’t taking it as you giving me crap. There are a lot of positive things to not having kids. As I get older however and see my 93 yea old mom being surrounded by my five siblings after recently breaking her hip I know I’ll not have anyone to take care of me. It’s a give and take. 

My alarm goes off at 5:15 less that 10 minutes after it so I never felt it. And I hear ya about wanting to close escrow first. Our place in Oakland was right on the Hayward fault. That is where many seismologists say the next big one is due. Just get me the ***** out of here before the earth splits. 

1 hour ago, BigMcD said:

Instead of burying your head in the sand, why don’t you go and talk to the homeless? You too good to take the time and listen to their stories? 

I am. So what’s your excuse?  

7 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Oh I wasn’t taking it as you giving me crap. There are a lot of positive things to not having kids. As I get older however and see my 93 yea old mom being surrounded by my five siblings after recently breaking her hip I know I’ll not have anyone to take care of me. It’s a give and take. 

My alarm goes off at 5:15 less that 10 minutes after it so I never felt it. And I hear ya about wanting to close escrow first. Our place in Oakland was right on the Hayward fault. That is where many seismologists say the next big one is due. Just get me the ***** out of here before the earth splits. 

Though so! 

The Dems should be daring this idiot to close the border. Stupidest idea ever. 

https://www.texastribune.org/2019/04/03/texas-republicans-warn-donald-trump-against-closing-US-Mexico-border/

As President Donald Trump threatens to shut down the U.S.-Mexico border, some of the highest-ranking Texans from within his own party are warning about the consequences of doing so.

"Closing the border to legal commerce would be devastating to Texas," U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, said in a statement Wednesday evening. "Millions of jobs, in Texas and across the country, depend upon trade with Mexico, and the federal government shouldn’t do anything to jeopardize those jobs."

Trump recently threatened to close the border — or large sections of it — this week if Mexico didn't "immediately stop ALL illegal immigration coming into the United States." While Trump has since eased up on the threat, it was enough to set off alarms in Texas, particularly in the business community.

The Texas Association of Business said Monday that one in five jobs in the state is dependent upon trade and that "no group stands to lose more than Texans in communities" along the border such as El Paso and Laredo. The business group pressed state leaders to speak out — and it was clear by Wednesday evening that some of them had gotten the message.

11 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

i thought talking to McD WAS talking to the homeless on here

14 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Row got it right, BigMcDouche is a failed wannabee Canadian. Other than HAHA Gator, is there anything lower?

i mean like you know us Canajians have some great qualities, but it's not anything a patriotic American with a brain or hope in life would want to switch for.

5 hours ago, Koko78 said:

You know, since putting that idiot on ignore, I keep forgetting he exists.

?

5 hours ago, DC Tom said:

I don't even have him on ignore, and I still forget he exists.

?

5 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

Row got it right, BigMcDouche is a failed wannabee Canadian. Other than HAHA Gator, is there anything lower?

?

Thanks for all the love, tards! 

Look at these evil ***** try to intimidate these guys. They ain't playing along with the destruction of the west. Chicks are right indignant that these guys have the nerve to want their own culture and country. They actually listen to their citizens. In the second vid, the Hungarian guy owns the liberal moron. You can pretty much skip to 1.55 in that one. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, row_33 said:

i mean like you know us Canajians have some great qualities, but it's not anything a patriotic American with a brain or hope in life would want to switch for.

A real Canadian would not say that. You are FAKE NEWS! 

• Awesome! (+1) 1