Most Boring Super Bowl Ever?

/dev/null

Most Boring Super Bowl Ever?  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Most Boring Super Bowl Ever?

1 hour ago, Jigsaw2112 said:

No, the Niners / Chargers blowout was worse.  San Diego was dead before the end of the first Quarter.

Also Niners blowout of Denver was a joke.

Seattle's destruction of Denver also not entertaining.

Plus the First Bills/ Dallas super bowl was excruciating.

More fun when it's actually a contest, even a low scoring one.

I would add the Bears/Patriots to your list. That was an actual game for 90 seconds or less.

• Like (+1) 1

I’ve watched super bowls since  around the time of the Bears Pats game that Bil in NYC mentioned .  A lot of games during that stretch could have been turned off by half time because they were blowout clunkers . Some were Bills games like that Dallas beatdown.  Last night’s game at least was not decided till the last few minutes when Goff threw the INT to Gilmore 

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Gotta dig REALLY deep for that one though. Bet most people here weren't alive for that.

That Pats Bears game was like an early Mike Tyson fight. Lambs to the slaughter! 

Last night though reminded me a bit of the watching some of those games during the strike season when the scabs were brought in. Just a punt fest with both offenses performing ineptly (except for the One man Gang Julian Edelman).

Edited by Livinginthepast

What an awful game, lacking any type of offense and ends 13-3 in the modern era's, sterile superbowl conditions. It's sad to think we'll never see another SB played in the elements. The NFL loves to celebrate games like the "Ice Bowl" etc... but because of corporate greed, we won't even get to see a SB even in rainy conditions again.

Agree with many upthread that watching a blowout is worse than what we got last night, but it was still bad because you knew despite how close it was, that the Pats would engineer a late drive against a gassed D line, to put it effectively out of reach as the Rams O was out of sync all night. 

So a close game where every play matters is more boring than lopsided blowouts?  

How anyone can be a fan of football and think that a game never more than one score apart is boring compared to a game that’s over half way through the game and meaningless rest of way is always puzzling to me.  

• Like (+1) 1