Super Bowl 2nd half Game Thread

Just now, BillsFan4 said:

While I generally agree with your point, I actually thought the refs kind of just let both teams play tonight. They were letting a lot of stuff go against both teams. 

They let them work it out on pass routines

nfl is in sad shape when a coach and a 42 yr old qb can dominate said league.

i feel proud of not watching a game that i knew the outcome of beforehand.

belichek is smart and the rest of the league is stupid. its a crap league .

they need a minor league to train real QBs and real coaches.

Just now, Success said:

Nothing egregious - but that was a pretty phantom hold in that big gainer by Gurley, and Gilmore did have Cooks’ arm in the TD.

Barely anything to whine and moan and complain about, but you will make it the highlight of your night anyway 

Now I’d be pissed if I were a Saints fan (or player/coach)..  I’d been all about ‘give the refs a break.. one big blown call.. they’re human.”  

But the Saints could’ve won that game. Brees & Payton vs Brady & Belichick.  Ok!   Because Goff and McV choked hard. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

I agree Refs were not a problem at all tonight for once.

I generally agree. Five questionable calls in my mind:

1) defenseless hit on Burkhead. Thought that was junk. But they have been calling those a lot this year. 

2) non-PI call on Gilmore. That seemed an obvious call to make to me. Would have been a game changer. Think the pats probably still come down and win. 

3) the illegal hands to face on the Pats last drive while the offensive guy was holding at the same time. Should have been offsetting penalties. 

4) Woods (I think) completion in the first half. Thought that was pretty obviously an incomplete pass. The one on the sidelines. 

5) oh, and the hold on the big Gurley run. That was pretty bad. 

Edited by dubs

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

Barely anything to whine and moan and complain about, but you will make it the highlight of your night anyway 

Nothing to whine about , but he's right, the phantom hold was a huge call that killed that Rams drive. That call should have never been made. The problem was that the Rams were so utter crap on offense that even a holding call was enough to kill a drive. That is all on McVey.