Jussie Smallette (Alleged) Self Inflicted Hoax Assault

RaoulDuke79

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

They were Hollywood idiots which tend to be overwhelmingly liberal idiots (sorry @Deranged Rhino  you don't keep good company and no offense).

My point is real Deplorables would have been less creative with the stupidity (noose, liquid in -20° weather) and better on the logistics: "Ah, wait till this gets warmer."

Your point?? Your babbling had a point? 

I think you're all missing the important point here, that even if it is a hoax, it's not a hoax, because it represents the real fear that black gay men face every day of their lives, and we should use this opportunity Smollett's given us to address the problem of MAGA-hat-wearing racist Trump supporters who would even do such a thing to a black man.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

I think you're all missing the important point here, that even if it is a hoax, it's not a hoax, because it represents the real fear that black gay men face every day of their lives, and we should use this opportunity Smollett's given us to address the problem of MAGA-hat-wearing racist Trump supporters who would even do such a thing to a black man.

I was thinking about that earlier today. 

If this all had happened exactly as he had said, he would have been 100% truthful about everything.  We all need to think about the seriousness of what he might have gone through had it actually occurred.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

These aren’t your thoughts.  You’re just parroting a WaPo editorial I read today

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Race relations since Barack Obama... our first black president , have significantly regressed over these last 10 years

It's just unbelievable that that is what happened.  WTF

6 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Exactly.  As in 2008+ with race relations.  The right went further right in response to Obama,

I keep hearing this type of thing.  What did the right do in response to Obama being black?

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

I’ve started to respond several times, but I have to weigh the burden a muppet must be subjected to against the sting of a warning here. I’m wimping out. (But I thought it was REALLY funny!) 

49 minutes ago, bbb said:

I keep hearing this type of thing.  What did the right do in response to Obama being black?

It's more subtle than that.  I know you want straight up answers.  You're not going to get those answers... Because they don't exist out in the open.

It really isnt that easy to put your finger on in a de facto standard environment.  Of course there was obstructionism, the victory of "no" in Congress... And the resetting the clock after 2016.

From the BBC:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38536668

An outsider's (the BBC) perspective @ the start (when this article was written) of the Trump years.

"...His formative years were spent in Hawaii, America's most racially integrated state, and the whites he encountered, namely his mother and grandparents, were doting and loving.

Obama was not the victim of discrimination in the same way as a black kid growing up in Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia, or even New York or Illinois. As a result, he may have underestimated the forces that would seek to paralyse his presidency and to impede racial advance more broadly..."

"...For as we enter the final days of the Obama presidency, the more accurate descriptor of race relations is a fault-line - the most angry fault-line in US politics and American life, and one that continues to rumble away, threatening small explosions at any time.

From Obama we expected seismic change of a more positive kind.

And although it was a presidency that began atop a mountain, it ended in something of a valley..."

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

It's more subtle than that.  I know you want straight up answers.  You're not going to get those answers... Because they don't exist out in the open.

So nothing. 

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

A lot of 'em voted for him. 

Very true. 

14 minutes ago, bbb said:

So nothing. 

No.  I figured you'd misread what I wrote.  It's easy to do.  ?   Oh, there is something, it's just not easily exposed the way you want it to be. The right paralyzed his presidency and impeded a more broad racial agenda. What was accomplished, then was promptly undone after 2016.

5 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

No.  I figured you'd misread what I wrote.  It's easy to do.  ?   Oh, there is something, it's just not easily exposed the way you want it to be. The right paralyzed his presidency and impeded a more broad racial agenda. What was accomplished, then was promptly undone after 2016.

He was still able to get that pallet of cash to Iran.

I love how we can point to Blasey-Ford, Covington, Justice for Jussie all the in last 6 months as leftist bad behavior, and you can’t name a single specific thing that the “right” did to Obama because of his skin color over 8 years.

Kinda telling, no?

• Thank you (+1) 2

5 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

When someone disagrees with you, it doesn't necessarily mean they misunderstood. 

I'll summarize the situation the way I think it played out. No need for subtle introspection or conservative ot liberal think tanks. 

Some people likely hated Barrack Obama. For some it might have been because he's black/biracial, some because of his personality and style, some because of his religious beliefs, some because of his policies, some because he was a Democrat, some because he is male. And so on.

Some people likely hated Donald Trump. For some it might be because he's white, some because he's wealthy, some because of his personality and style, aome because he ran as a Republican, some because he's male. And so on.

As you move toward the center from the extremes, there likely was some crossover on all these points, but the end result as I see it is hanging some bs underlying animus toward one candidate without acknowledging the reality that someone always hates a president  discredits what that president actually accomplished.

Obama for all his faults navigated some incredibly difficult landscape in his ascension to the seat of power, but so did Trump. In fact it could be argued that the level of hatred and animosity toward Trump vastly exceeds the Obama presidency.  And personally, if I was a Trump hater (and I thought i might be at least a Trump detestor), I'd at least acknowledge his ability to take body shot after body shot and shed 'em like it was water off a ducks back. 

As for dismantling Obama's legacy, Trump was pretty clear that was his goal and he won the election on that platform. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

He was still able to get that pallet of cash to Iran.

I love how we can point to Blasey-Ford, Covington, Justice for Jussie all the in last 6 months as leftist bad behavior, and you can’t name a single specific thing that the “right” did to Obama because of his skin color over 8 years.

Kinda telling, no?

The Birther Movement.

Obstruct and just say: "No."

Basically undoing by Executive Order things he did... Okay, even if that was by Executive Order also.

Anything else?

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

The Birther Movement.

Obstruct and just say: "No."

Basically undoing by Executive Order things he did... Okay, even if that was by Executive Order also.

Anything else?

The Birther Movement, which got so much mainstream support and wasn’t laughed at?

Things done in Trump’s Presidency count as things done in Obama’s presidency?

Please stop.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

When someone disagrees with you, it doesn't necessarily mean they misunderstood. 

I'll summarize the situation the way I think it played out. No need for subtle introspection or conservative ot liberal think tanks. 

Some people likely hated Barrack Obama. For some it might have been because he's black/biracial, some because of his personality and style, some because of his religious beliefs, some because of his policies, some because he was a Democrat, some because he is male. And so on.

Some people likely hated Donald Trump. For some it might be because he's white, some because he's wealthy, some because of his personality and style, aome because he ran as a Republican, some because he's male. And so on.

As you move toward the center from the extremes, there likely was some crossover on all these points, but the end result as I see it is hanging some bs underlying animus toward one candidate without acknowledging the reality that someone always hates a president  discredits what that president actually accomplished.

Obama for all his faults navigated some incredibly difficult landscape in his ascension to the seat of power, but so did Trump. In fact it could be argued that the level of hatred and animosity toward Trump vastly exceeds the Obama presidency.  And personally, if I was a Trump hater (and I thought i might be at least a Trump detestor), I'd at least acknowledge his ability to take body shot after body shot and shed 'em like it was water off a ducks back. 

As for dismantling Obama's legacy, Trump was pretty clear that was his goal and he won the election on that platform. 

Exactly.  As I just stated.  Why are guys like @bbb having such a hard time.  Sure things aren't out in open... The racism is underground, incideous.

Funny anecdote:

Literally... My supervisor at work (I am Fed) had Trump's picture in hand on Inauguration Day and the second Trump's hand went on Bible, he ordered Obama's picture to be taken down.  Now I have been around Federal offices for 30 years.  Replaced 4 Presidents on the wall... I have never seen that much venom towards a President.  Of course as Fed workers, we are not the fastest... But why the change now with picture?  LMAO... Why?  Because there was a Black Man on the wall above the chain of of command. In past, it took some time to get the photos out.  This time, the transition team had it all done  and ready... LoL...

I mean... It's not a big deal... But really?  Tell us how you really feel?

1 minute ago, BringBackOrton said:

The Birther Movement, which got so much mainstream support and wasn’t laughed at?

Things done in Trump’s Presidency count as things done in Obama’s presidency?

Please stop.

The head Birther is now POTUS.

Yes... When one is purposely evicerating a legacy... Tell us how you really feel?

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Anyway, getting back to Smallette, looks like the idiot got the 15 minutes of famed he pined for, and then some.

He may be facing a felony conviction and 3 years in prison for filing a false report.

Now, if he truly did not stage the entire thing, and all he had to do to prove his innocence was let the police check out his cell phone, why won’t he do that?

What a freakin ‘ moron!

Oh well, he got what he wanted - before his act of blatant stupidity, I never heard of him, now, everyone has.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, The Senator said:

Anyway, getting back to Smallette, looks like the idiot got the 15 minutes of famed he pined for, and then some.

He may be facing a felony conviction and 3 years in prison for filing a false report.

Now, if he truly did not stage the entire thing, and all he had to do to prove his innocence was let the police check out his cell phone, why won’t he do that?

What a freakin ‘ moron!

Oh well, he got what he wanted - before his act of blatant stupidity, I never heard of him, now, everyone has.

God knows what else is on that phone!  Is he living a deviant life?

Check out 8/10 Americans phones... Probably an utter mess.

/smh...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.