David Culley (former Bills QB coach) gone- to Ravens

One Buffalo

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...interesting job title/responsibility.....no longer QB Coach.................

Assistant Head Coach/Receivers/Passing Coordinator.

they had to give him that Assistant HC title I imagine so it would be seen as a promotion, otherwise they couldnt have interviewed him or would have to ask permission

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Bray Wyatt said:

they had to give him that Assistant HC title I imagine so it would be seen as a promotion, otherwise they couldnt have interviewed him or would have to ask permission

...certainly, but why not Assistant HC/QB Coach unless it conflicts with QB Coach Urban's title ?...interesting.......

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Bray Wyatt said:

I believe they still have to ask permission to speak with him, even though it's an unwritten rule that you dont block someone from a promotion on another club. It would allow the Bill's the chance to promote him or let him talk to them. It's also within their rights to just say no too.

I dont believe there are any rules prohibiting a team from asking another team to interview someone for a lateral position, but as a franchise why would you let them do it?

I dont know though, interviewing a former WR who is a QB coach to come and be your WR coach and passing game coordinator? What he he know about that? Lol

1 minute ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Jordan Palmer? Don’t think that’s likely though for multiple reasons, inc. that he has a good gig going and can have player contact the entire offseason

I think he has also already said he isnt interested in that position. More money and better work schedule being a "private tutor/coach" then work for one team.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

That isn't a promotion, per the rules. If you're an assistant/position coach, the only promotion is going to Head Coach.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

I believe they still have to ask permission to speak with him, even though it's an unwritten rule that you dont block someone from a promotion on another club. It would allow the Bill's the chance to promote him or let him talk to them. It's also within their rights to just say no too.

I dont believe there are any rules prohibiting a team from asking another team to interview someone for a lateral position, but as a franchise why would you let them do it?

I dont know though, interviewing a former WR who is a QB coach to come and be your WR coach and passing game coordinator? What he he know about that? Lol

I think he has also already said he isnt interested in that position. More money and better work schedule being a "private tutor/coach" then work for one team.

I thought it was written that they could not block a promotion.

Also, while there may not be a rule preventing them from asking, a lateral move could be blocked,  hence the new title

2 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

That isn't a promotion, per the rules. If you're an assistant/position coach, the only promotion is going to Head Coach.

hes not an assistant HC here, he will be there, hence a promotion, just like a position coach to coordinator is a promotion. Do you have a link to the rules by any chance?

Edited by Bray Wyatt

27 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...interesting job title/responsibility.....no longer QB Coach.................

Assistant Head Coach/Receivers/Passing Coordinator.

He came here to start rising the ranks and getting to a spot to be a head coach. 

If you're (not literally you) only comment about him was "but he has never been a QB coach" you really don't know a thing about how these coaching staffs work.  This a huge, underrated loss for us. 

Edited by JoshAllenHasBigHands
  • Like (+1) 3