Is Tom Brady A Cheater?

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

Deflating the balls was just about having better grip. It helps in a number of ways, including not fumbling.

The results of the game really don't matter.

I've never consider Brady to be the real problem. Belichick and the front office have always been the cheaters in my mind, with Brady going along for the ride. Spygate and the radio tampering were bigger deals.

He's a huge fan of Brady

It also helps to throw a tighter spiral. At least that’s what my QB friend told me.

Some guys like their ball inflated more, but there are very few.

Great job by Ace.

Edited by dlonce

Aaron Rodgers likes his footballs overinflated

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/20/aaron-rodgers-likes-his-footballs-overinflated/

Aaron Rodgers Likes To Tamper With Footballs, Too

https://deadspin.com/aaron-rodgers-likes-to-tamper-with-footballs-too-1680676328

5 minutes ago, papazoid said:

Submitting over inflated footballs and hoping the refs miss it or let it slide is one thing. 

Taking the footballs back and adjusting them is another all together. 

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

PS:  Jerry Rice cheated more than either BB or Brady.  He admitted to using illegal stick-em his whole career which made the ball stick in his hands.  Yet he is still considered by most as the GOAT at WR. 

Ah this is rich Alpha. The man who jumps into random convos to dispute categorical opinions has a hot take of his own!WHO KNOWS IF JERRY RICR IS THE GOAT OF WR ONLY BY USING STICKUM.. Who knows if Beane has sucked at the WR position blowing picks on Matthews and KB with only Foster to show for it. These are hot takes that can never be answered in Alpha's universe.

Anything's possible to Alpha. Except Jerry Rice's record breaking career I guess.

Opininated takes are taken at face value Alpha. They're right or they're unknown.

4 hours ago, Mango said:

I generally agree with you. I think they “out-everything” the entire league. 

I don’t discount spy gate though. Not necessarily because of when they did it, but because the effects are so long lasting and career altering.

Brady knowing the signals, calls, plays, and most importantly, keeping his helmet mic on, are the worlds greatest tutor when it comes to learning the game in the NFL. He got them all in live action. You can’t discount it in terms of his current ability to see the field. 

Would Tom have been great with out it? Sure, probably. Would he be the GOAT and play at such a high level mentally into his 40’s, like he is now? Unsure. At best it’s worth the conversation. At worst, Brady would have had a Rogers, Romo, Rivers, Manning, type career without that “tutoring” and “mentorship” during his early stages of his career. 

Couldn’t have said it better

A Patriots equipment manager snuck the football into the bathroom to pump air into it. Brady then destroyed his phone completely when confronted by the league. Sneaking around, giving memorabilia to complicit employees, destroying evidence. All for a little extra pressure in his football. Pretty pathetic stuff.

3 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

As much as I'd like to re-shoe my horse with his head, there comes a point when you just have to admit that he's amazing. It's just a fact. Years ago I insisted that Montana was better because he played against defences that were actually allowed to hit and bump receivers etc. 

And while I still think that's true to an extent, you just can't deny his greatness.

He's a great QB who snuck around to have the ball fit to his exact liking and then threw a tantrum when the league stepped in. Inflated footballs didn't make him great. It's just really weird, and sad.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

A Patriots equipment manager snuck the football into the bathroom to pump air into it. Brady then destroyed his phone completely when confronted by the league. Sneaking around, giving memorabilia to complicit employees, destroying evidence. All for a little extra pressure in his football. Pretty pathetic stuff.

The “deflator” actually let air out, but yes. The cover up by Brady was predictable, but telling. I think he was probably covering for Belichick with the phone destruction.  The cover up is often worse than the crime. History proves that.

Is he still the GOAT? Yes, I think so. But it comes with an asterisk, just like Belichick. Crazy, because the arrogant &^%$)#@ really could have won (almost) as much without ever crossing the line. 

1 minute ago, Augie said:

The “deflator” actually let air out, but yes.

See that's how little the actual act mattered, I already forgot the whole thing. What I will always remember is the way he was sneaking around and working to cover up evidence of something so stupid. If he had just admitted it I dont think anyone would have cared. Beat the opponent on the field, not in the bathroom. It's the weirdest sports scandal ever. He should be embarrassed.

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Agreed.  I am a huge football fan, so I have just come to respect greatness.  

BUT:

Bills about to duplicate that dynasty though with Allen!  BOOOOM!  Ha, GO BILLS!

Throw Gronk in there, too.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

See that's how little the actual act mattered, I already forgot the whole thing. What I will always remember is the way he was sneaking around and working to cover up evidence of something so stupid. If he had just admitted it I dont think anyone would have cared. Beat the opponent on the field, not in the bathroom. It's the weirdest sports scandal ever. He should be embarrassed.

I think it’s because a softer ball does not get fumbled as much. Have you seen the chart? Belichick was behind it, and Brady covered for him. Just my guess. 

4 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...so here's a twisted hypothetical.....say all of Brady's accomplishments, awards, accolades, SB rings, indiscretions and subsequent penalties ALL occurred while in a Bflo uniform, earning OBD mantra as the "Bogus Bills"?......pissed?....defensive?....in agreement?.....don't care about outsider opinions?....hmmmm........

No worse than; wide right, no goal, music city miracle etc, etc., EXCEPT we'd have actually won something?  That would be OK!

• Like (+1) 1

Honestly don't really follow what you are saying here.  So I am going to take my best stab here at responding, but honestly this feels a bit incoherent and genuinely am not sure what you are trying to say.

55 minutes ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

Ah this is rich Alpha. The man who jumps into random convos to dispute categorical opinions has a hot take of his own!WHO KNOWS IF JERRY RICR IS THE GOAT OF WR ONLY BY USING STICKUM.. Who knows if Beane has sucked at the WR position blowing picks on Matthews and KB with only Foster to show for it. These are hot takes that can never be answered in Alpha's universe.

Isn't the point of a message board to enter into threads and conversations?  So seems like a senseless point to start this paragraph off.

Are you trying to say Jerry Rice didn't use Stick-em on his gloves?  If so, try a google search because he did and openly admits to it.

I don't even know what you are talking about in terms of Beane and our own WR position in this thread about the Pats.  How you worked that into this, not really sure, and not really sure what your point on it is either.  You are apparently accusing me of some kind of statement regarding Beane and WR's, but I need some kind of Cracker Jack decoder ring to figure it out off this sentence.  Happy to address it, but no idea what you are talking about.

Anything's possible to Alpha. Except Jerry Rice's record breaking career I guess.

Are you trying to imply I am somehow saying Jerry Rice was only great because of Stick-em?  If you are, then you are wrong because I did NOT say that nor do I think that.  Jerry Rice was the GOAT at WR.  I brought up Jerry Rice and stick em to point out the hypocrisy of those discrediting Brady over something as minor and stupid as "deflate-gate" yet they dont do the same to Jerry Rice even though Jerry used an illegal substance on his gloves over his whole career.  

Everyone still believes Jerry to be the GOAT, and rightfully so, and so do I.  Just like I believe Brady to be the GOAT.  But if you are going to play the scorned Bills fan and discredit Brady, then you need to be unbiased and discredit Jerry who admits to cheating against NFL rules over his career.  

I personally dont discredit either of them, they are great because they are better than everyone at their position and out work everyone else.  

Opininated takes are taken at face value Alpha. They're right or they're unknown.

Lost me here...first thought that comes to mind is "Duh" of course opinions are face value.  Your next line makes no sense and throws the whole 2 sentences off though and I have no idea what you are trying to say. 

Edited by Alphadawg7

3 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Would be easier to know the extent of whatall  happened but Goodell destroyed the evidence. 

While I would LOVE to know, sometimes that’s best in the big picture to just make it “go away”.  We are not entitled to know everything, but then they have to weight that against an onslaught resulting from public angst.  

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

While I would LOVE to know, sometimes that’s best in the big picture to just make it “go away”.  We are not entitled to know everything, but then they have to weight that against an onslaught resulting from public angst.  

Definitely not entitled to anything, but if I were a taxpayer in an area that utilized public funding of NFL stadiums (I'm not) I'd like to know that my money was being spent in support of a level playing field.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Definitely not entitled to anything, but if I were a taxpayer in an area that utilized public funding of NFL stadiums (I'm not) I'd like to know that my money was being spent in support of a level playing field.

Not looking for a tiring argument here, but funding of a stadium and league investigations into teams crossing boundaries seems like an extended leap. That’s a reach just looking for something to complain about IMO.