Need Caribbean Vacation Ideas

plenzmd1

17 hours ago, sherpa said:

I used to fly there all the time, all over the Caribbean, and vacation there as well, but take my view for what it's worth.

I've provided this same recommendation to others, including my son.

The bottom line is what facility you stay at, and what they provide.

Beaches are beaches.

If I had to choose, I'd choose Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic.

I would avoid Jamaica or anything in the US Virgin Islands. Jamaica is the least "revisited" island destination.

But again, if you found the perfect situation, who knows?

My wife and I visit Punta Cana every few years.  We stay at the Excellence, club level, well worth it. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, mead107 said:

Heck with going south 

Iceland.  Hot springs.  Snorkeling between the continental plates.  The bra fence. 

Daughter and husband been 3 times.  Last time was New Years.  

They should consider it.  

Is that where the good salted and smoked herring comes from (aka, ‘blind robins’)?

6 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Is that where the good salted and smoked herring comes from (aka, ‘blind robins’)?

Oh my lord! You are a central PA. Knucklehead ain’t cha!!!! Man, had my fill of blind Robbins going to school at Slippery Rock. For a good ol WNY boy, that was an awakening first time at the Shed on Rt 8 ! 

No, northeast Buffalo born and raised.  One New Years Day, we went for a drive and stopped in a tavern out on Transit Road in the stretch north of Route 5.  The owners were of Scandinavian heritage, and they had the herring set out as an appetizer, apparently a New Year’ tradition.  In later years, I could often get them at the Tops they built at Grant and Amherst Streets.

The wife and I are going to a Sandals resort in Jamaica in April.  That'll be the first time I've left the country other than that short trip north to America Jr.  They're a bit pricey, but we wound up getting a few deals thanks to a connection.  I'm sure there's better stuff out there, but unlimited drinks and food, plus not having to work for a week?  Sign me up.

And on a side note, I thought my brother was the only person who ever went to Slippery Rock.

31 minutes ago, shrader said:

The wife and I are going to a Sandals resort in Jamaica in April.  That'll be the first time I've left the country other than that short trip north to America Jr.  They're a bit pricey, but we wound up getting a few deals thanks to a connection.  I'm sure there's better stuff out there, but unlimited drinks and food, plus not having to work for a week?  Sign me up.

And on a side note, I thought my brother was the only person who ever went to Slippery Rock.

well, not many of us super geniuses around, so I can see how you think that!

BTW, the man responsible for your  Bills game day experience !!! Look at his school!!!!

https://www.linkedin.com/in/andy-major-3099398/

41 minutes ago, shrader said:

A friend went to Sandals in Montego Bay this past June with his fiancé.   Said it was unreal nice, and the food was the best he ever experienced at an all-inclusive.  You’re gonna love it.

37 minutes ago, mead107 said:

They know all the nude beaches ?

oh my, Gug and Cripple on a beach nude...i am pretty sure that you could PAY someone $450 a night, require an hour  on the beach with those two naked fools...and not one person would sign up

• Haha (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

oh my, Gug and Cripple on a beach nude...i am pretty sure that you could PAY someone $450 a night, require an hour  on the beach with those two naked fools...and not one person would sign up

I’m NOT gouging my eyes out for $450. 

Stevie Wonder doesn’t need the money and probably has his own beach already...

12 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

I’m pretty sure @Cripple Creek @Gugny and CowgirlsFan have a place they visit in Jamaica or Bahamas which is basically “free”.  Many things to see and very air conditioned. Best to message them and check for rates. 

3 hours ago, mead107 said:

They know all the nude beaches ?

2 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

1 hour ago, Augie said:

I’m NOT gouging my eyes out for $450. 

Stevie Wonder doesn’t need the money and probably has his own beach already...

beach.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1

On 1/24/2019 at 8:23 PM, Augie said:

My wife’s cousin here in Atlanta is married to a lovely lady from a very nice family (a/k/a wealthy) in Jamaica. Every time it comes up she warns: “Do NOT leave the resort if you care for your well being. ”

Everyone i know that went there said the same thing.  

Punta cana i hear nothing but great things about. Ive never been but most of family goes every year. They love it. 

On 1/24/2019 at 9:24 PM, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Hell, I had a taxi driver rob me at knife point in the Bahamas.  A lot of those Caribbean islands are sketchy.

Yes and I have heard by time they find person usually the tourist is off the island and not going to return to prosecute. 

On 1/24/2019 at 4:25 PM, snafu said:

A guy I work with just got back from Curacao.  He stayed at a Marriott -- says their pool/beach area was awesome.  He went to check it out at 10:30 am and didn't get back to his room until 6:00 pm.  He had nothing but compliments for the place he stayed at.  I think the price, this time of year (two person room) is about $350/night.  He's traveled all over the place, including Caribbean.  

Thanks for the heads up. We have been looking for someplace different, after reading this, we  just booked a week in Curacao for early March, All inclusive, flights, everything for less than three thousand, Looking forward to a new spot.

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Gugny said:

beach.jpg

Perhaps it is off putting to others that you have a stick stuck in your rectum.

13 minutes ago, Guffalo said:

Thanks for the heads up. We have been looking for someplace different, after reading this, we  just booked a week in Curacao for early March, All inclusive, flights, everything for less than three thousand, Looking forward to a new spot.

I have only been to the Caribbean by way of two Holland America cruises, but the ‘Dutch islands’ of Aruba, Bonaire, and Curaçao were the high points.  Enjoy the trip.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

I am in Jamaica right now. Hubby wanted to leave the gated area and I was a tad testy in saying "no". (We are on a cruise.) We've been here for the day a bunch of times. It is poor, there is little to do, but the coffee is superb. The vacation would have to be free to get me to come down and stay at one of the resorts for a week. 

Note: we did "stuff" the first few times we went to Jamaica, now we just shop for booze and coffee beans and then head back to the ship.

Edited by Buffalo_Gal