Buffalo Sabres & NHL 2018-19: Sabres picking 7th overall (6/21/19). Ralph Krueger hire as new head coach!

BillsFan4

3 hours ago, zevo said:

This team is such a mess....the def is putrid....be interesting to see how they would justify bringing housley back and if it involves the owner telling us how he was a great player I’ll throw the ***** up.

Have you heard that Jason Botterill is the only person on the planet with 3 World Junior championship gold medals?

:lol:

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

No way Housely isn’t fired, right? 

Nope!  This is Pegula we're talking about.

I still think there is a 50/50 chance Phil starts next season.

On March 29, 2019 at 5:51 PM, JohnC said:

How do you know that he is leaving? What makes you say that? I'm not going to say for sure that he is going to stay but most reports indicate that he is more likely to stay. If he decides to leave then that is his prerogative. You then move on and use his cap money for other players. That's how the system works. 

You may be of the opinion that whatever Skinner is witnessing behind the scenes makes him think this is the best of 31 potential places for him to be.  I think that is very unlikely.

Edited by 4merper4mer
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I don't know how Housely survives.  This team doesn't have a talent problem, it has a coaching problem.  There are plenty of options out there who've had NHL success (Joel Quenville, anyone?).  The Pegulas need to stick with Botterill but move on quickly from Housely to a coach with a winning pedigree and spend whatever is necessary to do it.

43 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I don't know how Housely survives.  This team doesn't have a talent problem, it has a coaching problem.  There are plenty of options out there who've had NHL success (Joel Quenville, anyone?).  The Pegulas need to stick with Botterill but move on quickly from Housely to a coach with a winning pedigree and spend whatever is necessary to do it.

Actually, it has both talent and coaching problems.

And a GM problem too, but folks aren't focusing on that yet b/c Housley has taken most of the heat.

That's for next year.

31 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Actually, it has both talent and coaching problems.

And a GM problem too, but folks aren't focusing on that yet b/c Housley has taken most of the heat.

That's for next year.

You can see the coaching is the worst of the problem right now. You know the GM isnt getting fired no matter what sadly. You go after what you know can be changed right now.

I am hoping to find a way to watch Rochester in the playoffs. I was looking at AHLtv but I can’t find prices for the playoffs. It says regular season only. I’m sure they have to have some type of package for the playoffs, though. 

Tage Thompson has been playing really well in his first 2 games back. He has 3 goals and 4pts (2g 1a in his 1st game, 1g in his 2nd). Hope he keeps it up! 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsFan4 said:

I am hoping to find a way to watch Rochester in the playoffs. I was looking at AHLtv but I can’t find prices for the playoffs. It says regular season only. I’m sure they have to have some type of package for the playoffs, though. 

Tage Thompson has been playing really well in his first 2 games back. He has 3 goals and 4pts (2g 1a in his 1st game, 1g in his 2nd). Hope he keeps it up! 

Yeah, good to see Thompson having some early success in the A. Speaks well of him that he’s not sulking about the send down. 

Quick question: he’s listed as a center on the Amerks roster so does anyone out there know if that’s the position he’s played in his two AHL games?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsFan4 said:

If you are able to watch the playoff run it will be appreciated if you can give some summaries. You have a keen eye and an ability to give an accurate and fair representation of the play on the ice. 

I know it is a small sample of games in the NHL but Olofsson, Nylander, Borgen, Pilut and Tage have shown that with more development these players are NHL caliber players. If you add Mitts to this young mix that elevates the promise of the group. Without a doubt the GM has to make deals to improve the roster but there is a core of young players who in a year or two will be credible NHL players.  

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Man. I know it’s only 3 games left, but I feel really bad for Phil. Should he be out of his misery now? Seems to me that would be the honorable thing to do if you are going to fire him anyway

No no no...the exit interviews will tell the real story!