Buffalo Sabres & NHL 2018-19: Sabres picking 7th overall (6/21/19). Ralph Krueger hire as new head coach!

BillsFan4

49 minutes ago, shrader said:

He better be careful.  Some might try to say he's not a real fan.

If I wasn’t a real fan (whatever that is), I wouldn’t give a crap one way or the other. 

Bogosian day to day with an injury 

I actually don’t mind the line combinations for a change.

I really hope he keeps Reinhart off the Eichel line for the rest of the year. I like Sam so much better driving the play on his own line. Plus it gives the Sabres 2 lines that can score. They are just not a deep enough team to have all 3 of their top scorers on 1 line. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

Bogosian day to day with an injury 

I actually don’t mind the line combinations for a change.

I really hope he keeps Reinhart off the Eichel line for the rest of the year. I like Sam so much better driving the play on his own line. Plus it gives the Sabres 2 lines that can score. They are just not a deep enough team to have all 3 of their top scorers on 1 line. 

Many thanks to YOU for keeping the Sabres thread going and updated after 26CB left. Even though the season didn’t go as planned, your dedication to this thread is appreciated. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BringBackFergy said:

Many thanks to YOU for keeping the Sabres thread going and updated after 26CB left. Even though the season didn’t go as planned, your dedication to this thread is appreciated. 

Thank you. I appreciate it. 

On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 1:09 PM, K-9 said:

Botterill should decline and spend all his time and energy making this crap show of a team even remotely respectable.

Sobotka just got added to the team Canada roster and McDavid was sent down to the World Junior team after a bad shift in the second period of Saturday's game vs. the Senators.  Botterill is pulling out all the stops!  Its win or bust for team Canada!!! Hold on to your *****!!!!!

Edited by Jauronimo
  • Haha (+1) 2

8 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Does anyone know why he left? Just curious 

On 3/24/2019 at 2:07 PM, BillsFan4 said:

I just heard that Jason Botterill will be team Canada’s GM for the upcoming World Hockey Championships. I guess Elliotte Friedman said it last night on Hockey Night in Canada. 

Its a nice honor for Botterill. And maybe he can help butter skinner up a bit up more (in contract negotiations) with an invite... lol. 

For all those dying to have Housley gone, it could also potentially be a good opportunity for him to take a few week test drive with another head coach... 

What has Botterill done to earn being GM for team Canada ?. Besides captain a last place finish last year. Then following it up with what should have been a last place finish, save for a fluke 10 game winning streak. 

Edited by Bills2ref

1 hour ago, Bills2ref said:

What has Botterill done to earn being GM for team Canada ?. Besides captain a last place finish last year. Then following it up with what should have been a last place finish, save for a fluke 10 game winning streak. 

He was part of a Puttsburgh organisation that had to make do winning a couple of cups with Crosby and Malkin, and was in charge of their farm system that was successful in their league.

Now he is here slowly building a dynasty that will only take 5+ years of patience before we see progress of taking the next step and being a playoff team.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Bills2ref said:

Honestly.... that’s a good question. I was surprised to see it myself. 

The only reason I can think of is that I know he is very well respected in NHL circles. 

or maybe others turned it down? 

Also, the WHC starts near the end of April and the NHL playoffs will still be going on then, so that eliminates a lot of the top tier GMs that have really good teams right now. They had to pick someone who’s team wasn’t going to be playing. I guess they felt Botterill was the best canadien born GM of the bunch.

12 minutes ago, zevo said:

What will be embarrassing is if they try selling us housley again next year....

They will, however nobody has to buy it and show up.

I say hit Pegula in his pocketbook. Don’t attend his games

Didn’t see the full Pegula interview from the owners’ meetings, but saw a nice clip on the news in regards to Housley.

”He’s a young coach. He was a good player..”

or somethig pretty close to that. Says a lot about where their heads always seem to be on hires. 

Edited by Rockpile233
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Losing 4-0 to this garbage Ottawa team in this particular garbage fashion should be the sort of thing that gets Housley and/or Botterill fired.

They can't survive this.

CAN THEY!?!?!?!?!?!

2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Losing 4-0 to this garbage Ottawa team in this particular garbage fashion should be the sort of thing that gets Housley and/or Botterill fired.

They can't survive this.

CAN THEY!?!?!?!?!?!

Just think about this. They essentially were shut out in back to back games against the tje worst team in the league and a bottom 4 team. 1 regulation win in what ,,, 13 games ? 

Outside the streak , Sabres are now officially the worst team in the league in terms of point percentage.  Yes, below Ottawa. 

O have to do the math but since the streak this team might be giving the tank team a run for their money on point percentage. Think about that. Eichel,  Skinner, Dahlin, Risto, Sammy, Okposo, and a supposed real coach with a real system is as bad as a team intentionally set up to lose. 

Wow. 

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1