Buffalo Sabres & NHL 2018-19: Sabres picking 7th overall (6/21/19). Ralph Krueger hire as new head coach!

BillsFan4

18 minutes ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

'Nuff said. 

When it gets to the point of insulting the intelligence of the fan base, it's past the point of no return. Go back to high school coaching, Phil. Or find another assistant job in the pros, but make sure they have All Stars at the D position so you can take credit for making them great. 

3 hours ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Please lose tonight.

Eh, as I posted the other day, it’s really not worth rooting for them to lose. 

The Sabres are pretty much locked in at either the #4 or #5 spot. You’re talking a 1% difference in odds. 

Iid I’d much rather see them win these last 3 games and go into the offseason with some positivity. Or at least less negativity than ending the season on a 10 game losing streak...

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Eh, as I posted the other day, it’s really not worth rooting for them to lose. 

The Sabres are pretty much locked in at either the #4 or #5 spot. You’re talking a 1% difference in odds. 

Iid I’d much rather see them win these last 3 games and go into the offseason with some positivity. Or at least less negativity than ending the season on a 10 game losing streak...

Actually we have a shot at 3 and NJ passing us.

This same sort of "positivity at the end of the season" was presented to Connor McDavid the other day (Oilers missing playoffs too this year) and he refreshingly said "It doesn't matter."

Next year is another year, no one is going to remember what happens this last few games.

LOSE and improve your odds of draft selection, even if marginally.

ALSO: more wins right now and a really ugly finish gives us a better shot at getting HC and/or GM fired, which is important for the long term improvement of this team.

I don't want to sit through another failed season next year b/c he we waited to fire Houlsey at T-giving...that will kill next year too.

Boy the Sabres are getting screwed so far tonight. 

I thought thst first Nashville goal was questionable, and the refs explanation was even more questionable. The refs said it went off his body, but it sure as heck looked like it hit his stick to me. 

And now that 2nd buffalo goal. No Nashville player ever touched it. That was 100% a good goal. 

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

I thought thst first Nashville goal was questionable, and the refs explanation was even more questionable. The refs said it went off his body, but it sure as heck looked like it hit his stick to me. 

And now that 2nd buffalo goal. No Nashville player ever touched it. That was 100% a good goal. 

So I am just catching up and fast forwarding, but I agree they getting a little screwed tonight. 

• Like (+1) 1

Okposo must have made a pretty good buck for his time served here? I remember the day they signed him,Hamilton on GR  was luke warm about the addition.He was right.

Remember that guy..Ville Leino...he once missed a empty netter from 20 feet out.

Edited by Misterbluesky

2 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

I agree with you that the Sabres got cheated out of the high sticking goal by the Preds. And the referee blew the call by blowing the whistle prior to Sheary's goal. The whistle should not have been blown on the Pred penalty because they didn't touch the puck. But in the grand scheme of things who cares? Getting a better draft position is making a positive out of a negative situation. 

What I liked about this game is that the Sabres played a tight game against a top echelon team that was playing for a better playoff position. As it was noted on the broadcast Jack played an exceptional game. He was the best player on the ice. I thought the difference in this game (also noted on the broadcast) is that the Pred's goalie didn't allow many rebounds.

The best that happened in this game was that Skinner finally scored. To his credit all through his extended goal scoring drought he always played hard and his game didn't change. The best pass in this game was Nylander's pass to Sheary for a breakaway that wasn't converted. I like Olofsson a lot. 

Obviously, the GM has to make some deals to bring in more talent. What is more important is how much better will Nylander, Olofsson, Mitts and Borgen, Pilut and Tage be next year? 

Edited by JohnC

3 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Hooray. Our generational talent played a good game. Break out the Dom Perignon.

If you criticize a player when he doesn't play well that is fair. When you criticize a player who did play well that is not. Jack was the best player on the ice yesterday. That was an obvious fact. 

8 minutes ago, JohnC said:

If you criticize a player when he doesn't play well that is fair. When you criticize a player who did play well that is not. Jack was the best player on the ice yesterday. That was an obvious fact. 

Great, he managed to do it for a game.

Let's see him do it for a SEASON.

Ya follow?

18 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...no worries....they DID.....Yawn....BTW, anybody think "Q" would come here for the "right price"??............

I think he would. The player situation isnt bad at all with a controlled Eichel and Dahlen.  Good cap situation ahead and an owner who is willing to provide resources.

What it comes down to is management structure.  How much control are they going to allow him?  Will he have to talk to the owner 1-3 times a day?  How does he feel about Botterill?

• Like (+1) 2