Who’s watching the super bowl

1billsnut

My retirement gig is a part time, graveyard shift security guard at TPC Sawgrass -SWEET!. Was stressing how I’d stay up all the way through the day & game, then work from midnight to 8am.

No stress now. DVR, and if Pats* win, delete.

• Haha (+1) 1

it's tradition to get blackout drunk during Patriots AFC conference championship games. 

I wake up with a pounding headache, not sure how I got home, and with a Patriots win on the first sports news site I read as I hazily check my phone for clues as to what TF happened the night before.

Mostly all I can gather is that I blacked out at some point the Patriots had gotten a sizeable lead.

SBs I keep it in check. I just eat way too much food to get drunk while gloomily watching the Patriots with nacho cheese and beer on my shirt.

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P
  • Haha (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

Fair point. I wish they could've won just one. 

never will be a single excuse for the next 10 million years why they let themselves get outcoached and outhustled by the Giants

• Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, row_33 said:

never will be a single excuse for the next 10 million years why they let themselves get outcoached and outhustled by the Giants

Slack jawed yokels, first time in the big city?  ?

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
Yokels, dammit, not ‘locals’.

The TV will be on for the first half probably with no audio.  My daughter is a huge maroon 5 fan and wants to watch that.  After that performance it will likely be off. Not because of the pats, or bad calls or anything else.  I just have little to no interest in football any more except for the Bills.

On 1/22/2019 at 12:35 PM, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

Dudes wear the "I 'aint watching" thing like some badge of honor, when you know damn well they will ... If you're a fan of the GAME, you watch.  Period. 

Wrong ... I'm a fan of movies too, however if the only movie on is dumb and dumber I'll find something else to do.

I watch the patriots twice a year, when they play the Bills, which is two times too many as it is. I've skipped the past two Super Bowls, as well as the Chiefs game last week and the Chargers game the week before. I just have no interest in watching them play.

• Like (+1) 2

When the Patriots are in the Superbowl, I wait until the fourth quarter to see if the game is close.  Usually by the fourth quarter all the hype, heartwarming stories and info nuggets have been used up so it's straight play by play and decent commentary. 

Then I watch in the hope that they'll get beat. 

Last year was great.

Even if the patriots lose, it isn't good enough for me. There are still there, and that's bad enough. I am actively searching for something I can go out to do, and avoid watching this game. But there isn't much available at the moment. I'll more then likely be watching something on Netflix.

35 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Nobody thinks the Rams will win...

I love that! 

I think the Rams could blow them out.

Only if Ndamukong Suh gives Brady his famous stomp early in the game, otherwise the league won't allow Brady to lose two straight Super Bowls.

I will not be watching the Stupid Bowl.

I watched last year because it was the Iggles, but this year after NO lost I knew I would have zero interest in the game. Instead I plan on taking the guns out to the desert for some good old fashion fun. 

Dudes wear the "I 'aint watching" thing like some badge of honor, when you know damn well they will ... If you're a fan of the GAME, you watch.  Period. 

That's a very good way to state it.  I'm not a fan of the game any more, just of the Bills.  So I won't be watching, but the TV will be on during halftime for my daughter to watch Maroon 5 ;)

It gets down to this:  I will watch, but unless it is a great party I will be in and out, especially if it is not a great game or the patriots are doing well.

Here's the thing...I am tired of even rooting against them.  Its not better because I have an enemy in the super bowl, it is worse because I am indifferent to them losing, on what is a championship level.

If you  invite me to dinner and you serve brussel sprouts and you make me eat them, which I don't like, it is going to bug me.  

If you keep inviting me after a couple of times, even if it is a great dinner, I am just not going to come.

On 1/20/2019 at 10:23 PM, 1billsnut said:

After watching the first game, knowing it should be the Saints........ and now the Cheatriots.... I don’t think I will even be able to watch. 

Can someone with more smarts than me make this a poll?

I will be watching but if it gets to be a blowout in NE’s favor...which I think it might be, I will turn that off

What GAME are you talking about? The glorified flag football one where only the quality of the QB matters? Or the one where running the ball, defense, special teams, and hard hits also matter? I prefer the latter, but it is no longed played in the NFL. My loyalty to this garbage, corrupt league (you fu*king KNOW the Patriots are still cheating in some way...9 of the past 18 Super Bowls? 13 of the past 18 AFC Conference finals? Bullsh!t) runs only as strong as my devotion to the Buffalo Bills. I'm not watching the Super Bowl, though I will periodically check in on the score. 

On 1/21/2019 at 11:06 AM, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

Interesting take. Mind telling me specific SBs? I've particularly enjoyed the Giants bowls, Eagles, Ravens, Seahawks.. bunch of birds mostly. Not so much Steelers and Pats wins but that's just about it.

Eagles last year rivals my 2007 Giants SB as best SB outcome ever (in my limited years). 

Unless of course you're just talking Pats I totally get that. Anything else you got beef with?

EDIT: I misread your post. You want to be totally nuetral in a game. I'd say a) that's difficult, and b) teams beating the Patriots in the SB is much much more satisfying I like caring about the outcome!

anything the pats and Steelers are in stress me out almost beyond bills games, I hate them so much. I just don't need the stress for something that doesn't matter bit I can't help myself.  also was a huge manning fan, and he was beyond stressful to watch. ravens 9ers I was neutral and Tampa vs raiders. giants ravens almost neutral, but I think at that point I still hates the g men quite a bit