Colts @ Chiefs (AFC Divisional Round) GDT - NBC 4:35 pm

RiotAct

Just now, RocCityRoller said:

As a Philadelphian at the time Reid was there for the NFC championship games and SB, Reid is no master at this either.

He is also an accomplished, well respected and frequent playoff-appearing coach. Not a second year HC struggling to find consistency. I guess my point is that it matters more when your margin for error is smaller

7 minutes ago, OJ Tom said:

Last week it was "we HAVE to have a dominant O-Line!!)..this week it's the TE.

Well they need both but a good/great TE is basically a young QB's bail out receiver.  Not many times did Clay, Croom or Thomas bail out Allen.

1 minute ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

He is also an accomplished, well respected and frequent playoff-appearing coach. Not a second year HC struggling to find consistency. I guess my point is that it matters more when your margin for error is smaller

Struggling to find consistency? He way overachieved the first year and probably slightly overachieved the 2nd year relative to the talent he had at his disposal.

Talk about writing a narrative to fit the story you want to tell...

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

To be fair- we could’ve given him a ton more talent. 

Many people on TBD said, sit him a year, build up the offense and get a vet in to teach him the game.

Mahomes is the next in line of many QBs to benefit from this approach.

A lot of people on TBD said none of this was necessary, yet look at Mahomes. Look at Goff in yr 2.

OBD finally started on this plan.

Thankfully JA wasn't totally ruined in yr 1 despite being 100% mismanaged.

JA is very special. How many other rookie QBs folded after an injury, or when forced in too early?

Anyway, this is not a JA thread, but the ay KC managed Mahomes, is how any team should manage a top QB pick.

Luck nearly lost his career to mismanagement, and he is also a stud.