Buffalo03

Should The Day After The Super Bowl Be A National Holiday?

On 1/11/2019 at 6:05 PM, Buffalo03 said:

You do you. If that's what you like to do that's fine. I put in for the day after the SB every year. I don't do it because of drinking and partying (I'm in my 30's so I don't even really care about getting plastered or drinking much anymore) and I don't do it because I feel like I "deserve" it. I do it because it just allows me to relax more and enjoy myself more knowing I can watch the game and that I don't have to rush out the door at any point during the game so I can get to bed in time to get up early enough the next day. It's just nicer. A lot of people seem to think by saying all this that I feel like everyone deserves the day off. I'm not saying that at all. I'm just saying in my opinion due to the fact of how big the game is and the effect of lost revenue on employers we might as well get the day off. That's all I've been trying to say. I feel like a bunch of people just blew this out of proportion by calling me entitled. Which is ridiculous. They implied that I thought I was so much better than everyone else or that I hold football to some incredible high standard by thinking the day should be a holiday which is ridiculous. I get where they are coming from and I understand their reasoning and as much of a cool idea as I think it is, I don't ever expect it to happen. 

Let me see if I have this straight.

Instead of having a few million call in sick or just not show up on Monday after Super Bowl and big cost to employers, we should make it a paid holiday and then EVERYONE does not show up and still gets paid for a much much higher staggering cost to employers.(you know this will be a mandated paid holiday if it ever comes to pass)

These threads are funny as ***** sometimes.

Edited by cba fan

"I want a national holiday so I can watch sports the night before, goddammit!  Other countries get more holidays than I do, so my employer should be responsible for my irresponsibility!"

Or hey, here's an idea...plan accordingly, and take the day off if it means that much to you.  

Hey I’m all for this if they make elections day a national holiday too.

This is surprising: 

As Bills fans, you’d think we’d beg for and desire the day after the draft off more so than the Super Bowl.

way more skin in the game.

When the Bills finally win a Superbowl - yes, it should be a national holiday.  Here's hoping we all live to see it.

31 minutes ago, blzrul said:

When the Bills finally win a Superbowl - yes, it should be a national holiday.  Here's hoping we all live to see it.

When the Bills get to the SB, I'm taking a minimum of 3 days off if I watch on TV and a week if I go to the game. 

9 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

Hey I’m all for this if they make elections day a national holiday too.

Simple solution. Move election day to Veterans day. Only about a week difference.

• Like (+1) 1