Game of Thrones - And Now Our Watch Has Ended!

Just now, Rockpile233 said:

I was thinking last night it’s some sort of assasination tool she can conceal.

I would assume it’s meant for Cersei, but Gendry was forging all dragonglass weapons. 

look at the picture ...

the words at the tip say  dragonglass 

Just now, Cripple Creek said:

Wife said he was smiling.

LOL  true that.  I got a chuckle regardless 

4 hours ago, Turk71 said:

Arya gave Gendry a weapon design that looked like a launchable dragon glass spear, I think that will be significant at some point. My guess is it brings down the dead dragon or the Night King.

Could be, good thinking. I was thinking some type of replaceable dragon glass blade so that she can replace them when they shatter. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, /dev/null said:

A spear or lance isn't Arya's style.

Arya's stealthy  She's "lurking about" as Sansa said last night.  I'm thinking it's a single shot weapon strapped to her forearm and easily concealed

Agreed.  Last night felt like a refresher episode setting up the season. 

They did advance some a few threads Theon rescuing Yara, Sam telling Jon of his true lineage, and the re-union of most of the major players.  But there weren't any plot twists or new developments other than Bronn's new task and Cersei giving it up to Euron

The dragon riding scene was cheesy. 

Oh hey, I can ride a dragon too.  And now we're somewhere I used to go as a boy.  Now lets make out in front of your pets.

Good stuff on Arya and the weapon. Probably

takes someone important out with her concealed weapon moments before her own death. 

4 hours ago, /dev/null said:

The dragon riding scene was cheesy. 

Oh hey, I can ride a dragon too.  And now we're somewhere I used to go as a boy.  Now lets make out in front of your pets.

Cheesy, but significant.  Daenerys didn't share one of her dragons with Jon, she gave Jon Snow that dragon, Rhaegal is his for life now.  That's pretty big, a little better protector than a direwolf.  Huge bond between dragon and rider, hence the stare...

Edited by ricojes

22 minutes ago, ricojes said:

Cheesy, but significant.  Daenerys didn't share one of her dragons with Jon, she gave Jon Snow that dragon, Rhaegal is his for life now.  That's pretty big, a little better protector than a direwolf.  Huge bond between dragon and rider, hence the stare...

speaking of ....  WTF is Ghost?  

Solid start to the season I thought.  A little too popcorn at times, but it did a good job overall of getting most of the main characters on screen and setting the stage for things to come.  I read one review which said they were "reasonably satisfied."  I thought that summed up my feelings too. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Lines in the show you liked best

Edd and Tormund 

"Watch out, he's got blue eyes!"

I've always had blue eyes!!!

Sansa and Dany

"What do dragons eat?" 

"anything they want to"

Jon and Dany

“You've completely ruined horses for me,

Also, "freeze your balls off" and "not as old as him"

Edited by ricojes

4 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

Wife said he was smiling.

I didn't take that as a smile. Dragons are smart, and know (before either of the humans) that Jon is a Targaryen. I read that look to be Drogon saying: "DUDE! That's your feckin' auntie!" more than a smile. But that's just me. 

(My favorite tweets)

• Haha (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I didn't take that as a smile. Dragons are smart, and know (before either of the humans) that Jon is a Targaryen. I read that look to be Drogon saying: "DUDE! That's your feckin' auntie!" more than a smile. But that's just me. 

Like you don’t have an Aunt that you would have schtupped. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Well, that was a fun episode.  I can’t wait for the rest!

A couple things that were a bit annoying

• I don’t think Sam would have been that upset to learn that Dany torched his father, after the way he has always been treated by him.  That whole part really didn’t really seem to fit in with everything else going on.

• I’m surprised there wasn’t a much greater sense of urgency in everyone once they found out about the Ice Dragon.

• God, I wish Cersei had Euron executed when she had a chance.  Instead, she let the idiot shag her!

Edited by Bad Things
spelling

1 hour ago, Bad Things said:

Well, that was a fun episode.  I can’t wait for the rest!

A couple things that were a bit annoying

• I don’t think Sam would have been that upset to learn that Dany torched his father, after the way he has always been treated by him.  That whole part really didn’t really seem to fit in with everything else going on.

• I’m surprised there wasn’t a much greater sense of urgency in everyone once they found out about the Ice Dragon.

• God, I wish Cersei had Euron executed when she had a chance.  Instead, she like the idiot shag her!

The father yes.  The brother no.  

Plus Jorah would have mentioned his name beforehand no?

If Cersei is prego then maybe she fools Eruon into thinking it’s his to keep him her ally