King: “Real Chance” John Harbaugh Doesn’t Sign Extension in Baltimore

OldTimeAFLGuy

...LOL...imagine this place if he is a UFA post 2019?.....the anti-McClappy gang with foster 3,983 "bring him in" threads in a nano second........

King: “Real chance” John Harbaugh doesn’t sign extension in Baltimore

Posted by Mike Florio on December 25, 2018, 12:37 AM EST

That Friday night announcement from the Ravens seemed to secure the future of coach John Harbaugh in Baltimore, but he’ll remain under contract beyond 2019 only if the two sides work out a new contract. And maybe they won’t.

Peter King writes in his latest Football Morning in America column that a “real chance” exists Harbaugh won’t sign an extension, opting instead to finish his current deal and leave in 2020.

Coaches rarely do that, opting instead for the bird in the hand that comes from both getting paid and, perhaps more importantly, remaining an NFL head coach without taking the risk of finding himself without a place to sit when the annual calliope quits playing. But maybe Harbaugh, who emerged as the hottest name on this year’s market weeks before the market even opened, realizes that he’ll have options in 2020, possibly for much more money and more power than Baltimore will provide.

13 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

He's a big name I guess. Definitely wouldn't be my choice for Allen.

...because of how their offense is progressing with the style of Jackson vs Flacco as more traditional?......interesting that Tyrod was previously the Raven's back up with a similar style to Lamar......if that is Harbaugh's preference, why not sign an extension to work longer term with Jackson?.....

4 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...because of how their offense is progressing with the style of Jackson vs Flacco as more traditional?......interesting that Tyrod was previously the Raven's back up with a similar style to Lamar......if that is Harbaugh's preference, why not sign an extension to work longer term with Jackson?.....

Well, here's the thing. I felt like the Ravens completely disappeared after that SB title under Harbaugh. I certainly feel like Ozzie Newsome is a good GM and gave him good players to work with, the results are kind of lackluster. I'd hire Brian Daboll before I hired Harbaugh.

13 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

Well, here's the thing. I felt like the Ravens completely disappeared after that SB title under Harbaugh. I certainly feel like Ozzie Newsome is a good GM and gave him good players to work with, the results are kind of lackluster. I'd hire Brian Daboll before I hired Harbaugh.

...agree...dead on assessment......eventually made the Flacco extension a head scratcher because of lackluster play despite some decent OC's along the way...Ozzie is stepping down to a paid consultant role and I think one of his staffers gets the GM job.....perhaps Harbaugh doesn't see eye to eye......yet...

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...LOL...imagine this place if he is a UFA post 2019?.....the anti-McClappy gang with foster 3,983 "bring him in" threads in a nano second........

King: “Real chance” John Harbaugh doesn’t sign extension in Baltimore

Posted by Mike Florio on December 25, 2018, 12:37 AM EST

That Friday night announcement from the Ravens seemed to secure the future of coach John Harbaugh in Baltimore, but he’ll remain under contract beyond 2019 only if the two sides work out a new contract. And maybe they won’t.

Peter King writes in his latest Football Morning in America column that a “real chance” exists Harbaugh won’t sign an extension, opting instead to finish his current deal and leave in 2020.

Coaches rarely do that, opting instead for the bird in the hand that comes from both getting paid and, perhaps more importantly, remaining an NFL head coach without taking the risk of finding himself without a place to sit when the annual calliope quits playing. But maybe Harbaugh, who emerged as the hottest name on this year’s market weeks before the market even opened, realizes that he’ll have options in 2020, possibly for much more money and more power than Baltimore will provide.

Harbaugh is an immediate improvement in Buffalo over McDermott.

If he would ever end up there, I have no idea.

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

Do you have to be anti McD to want Harbaugh as your HC? He’s a better HC and it’s not even close.

McDermott is just starting out his career as a head coach and I think that he's the perfect fit for the Bills. Every franchise that has won a Super Bowl did so with a head coach that had never won one before. These things (GM, head coach, roster) build organically, then once the right pieces are in place momentum and confidence then builds to where eventually it's clear for all to see the team seems destined for big things.

History says that the Bills have a much better chance to win a Super Bowl with Sean McDermott than they would with hiring John Harbaugh. No NFL head coach has ever won a Super Bowl with two different teams. McDermott has impressed me with how he has got his team to play and fight each and every game. IMO that's the true measure of how good of a job a head coach is doing. I'm very confident that the Bills are going to the playoffs next year because they have only a few key holes to fill and they can easily do that with the draft, FA and trades.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, yungmack said:

If we're going to fantisize replacements for McD, let me suggest Bruce Arians.

...strange that he only identified the Browns as his HC choice if he was to return despite health issues.....this just in: Airhorn Greggy does NOT approve of this message (who cares about that turd anyway).....

Idt the Ravens are a top NFL team. 

Best way to play against them is to stack the box on defense, and spread them out with your offense- go 4-5 wide. Not convinced by LJ at all.

I dont see them getting past the 1st round, unless maybe they play at home. 

6 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

That's pretty crazy right there. 

27 minutes ago, White Linen said:

That's pretty crazy right there. 

It's really not. Brett Favre was on TMZ pushing for Green Bay to hire him. Daboll is going to increasingly become a hot name going forward, things are just starting to heat up. If McD falls on his face, our defense sucks and we miss the playoffs in 2019 despite continuous growth from Allen, would it be so crazy then? Would it be crazy to keep Allen in the same system? Or is it crazy to hire a Buffalo native to coach the Bills? Guess I'm crazy then. Daboll will not get a HC job in 2019, but if Allen has a big year he is going to be a red hot candidate.

6 hours ago, 1billsfan said:

McDermott is just starting out his career as a head coach and I think that he's the perfect fit for the Bills. Every franchise that has won a Super Bowl did so with a head coach that had never won one before. These things (GM, head coach, roster) build organically, then once the right pieces are in place momentum and confidence then builds to where eventually it's clear for all to see the team seems destined for big things.

History says that the Bills have a much better chance to win a Super Bowl with Sean McDermott than they would with hiring John Harbaugh. No NFL head coach has ever won a Super Bowl with two different teams. McDermott has impressed me with how he has got his team to play and fight each and every game. IMO that's the true measure of how good of a job a head coach is doing. I'm very confident that the Bills are going to the playoffs next year because they have only a few key holes to fill and they can easily do that with the draft, FA and trades.

I'm not a John Harbaugh guy so this isn't about that...but I question how much you've watched the Bills the last couple years if you believe that. It's actually been one of the alarming things about McDermott that we've seen a number of games where this team doesn't show up at all and has gotten their doors blown off. 

6 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

I'm not a John Harbaugh guy so this isn't about that...but I question how much you've watched the Bills the last couple years if you believe that. It's actually been one of the alarming things about McDermott that we've seen a number of games where this team doesn't show up at all and has gotten their doors blown off. 

I was thinking this very same thing when he posted this.  Look no further than our last game lol.  The blowouts where the team dont show up is alarming 

- The blowouts

- Benching Taylor in Playoff Run

- Nathan Peterman

- Awful at challenges

- Sub .500 Record after 2 Seasons

- Defensive Minded Head Coach whose Offenses have averaged 18.9 and 15.1 points per game in 2017 and 2018.

Plenty of ammo to pull the trigger on a move if you wanted to.

Frankly, I just don’t have the energy for another coach change...but it’s not like Coach McDermott has solidified anything.  That is if The Pegulas are at least holding this franchise to a high standard.

35 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

Something does need to change, about to head into year 3 and the team has regressed in a horrible way. 

Made the playoffs last year and ended this year about where Rex left it despite shedding all that cap. Slow the drama brother.

1 hour ago, dayman said:

Made the playoffs last year and ended this year about where Rex left it despite shedding all that cap. Slow the drama brother.

No drama here, just saying exactly what needs to be said. Next year they are going to get fired if they dont get this offseason perfect.

Edited by Boca BIlls