Brady and Belicheck Deserve to go Out On Top

Ned Kelly

"I was happy to see the Steelers beat the Patriots yesterday.  I was also happy to see Brady have to get up off the ground almost every time he threw the ball.

But as I reflect on the past nearly two decades, I can't help but think that Tom Brady and Bill Belichick have earned the right to leave the game as champs.

There's never been any off-field drama or issues.  No broken laws.  They've been, arguably, the most professional organization in the NFL for the past 20 years.  Sure, Belichick's pressers are boring and don't give any information, but I think that's an art and I love to see it.

Brady has been putting on clinics, week after week, for all football fans to enjoy.  We can root for them to lose, but we can also appreciate stellar football, which is what he/team have been putting on display on a very consistent basis.

With the Bills out of it and the Patriots' run clearly coming to an end, I'd like to see them hoist the Lombardi Trophy one last time.  It nets them the last pick in the first round (good for Buffalo) and will likely secure the retirements of Brady, Gronk and Belichick (also good for Bills).

And, frankly .... they deserve it."

• Haha (+1) 3

Come to think of it, my reply to Guggles the other day got swallowed by a bad interweb connection.  I left it lie, but will resurrect it since the thread did as well:  Brady and Belichick deserve to go out on top...of a fully engulfed funeral pyre.

EDIT:  Guddammit, Tenhigh in just ahead of me with the concept, but different tool.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

Wasn't this a topic discussed earlier this week? I'm new to the board, but I don't understand the admiration for Belichick and Brady. They've won 5 world championships and are not upstanding men in my book. There was an old TV show called 8 is enough and 5 is certainly enough in this case. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Best Player Available said:

Ned Kelly deserves to go period. This garbage is getting out of control. It seems.

It's a shame that Ned likely won't be able to post here during much of the playoffs.  A shame.

• Haha (+1) 1

This is nonsense.  (1) They cheated; (2) Brady is an arrogant pric* who believes he is superman and can play until he is 45--he deserves to go out getting hammered; (3) Bellicheat is nothing w/o Brady.   They deserve to go out however they go out.

The 90's Bills deserved to win a SB.  Didn't happen.  Numerous teams deserve to win.  I will not be upset in the least if the cheating, arrogant, and smug Pats never win again.

Here are three current QB's that should "go out on top" ahead of Brady:  (1) Rivers--classy guy, almost gets there year after year; (2) Brees.  Has one ring.  Also a great guy; (3)  Newton.  Would be nice to see another SB here.  Classy guy who is putting up great numbers (until he got hurt) with a mediocre cast this year.   

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Gugny said:

It's a shame that Ned likely won't be able to post here during much of the playoffs.  A shame.

"While that's a pretty funny take (it really is), it's not the direction I was going.  I dislike Brady, the Patriot, as much as everyone else here.  But the guy is the greatest of all time and continues to play at a high level.  He's kept his nose clean for all these years and played hard.  I'm trying to look at this without any bias."

5 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Come to think of it, my reply to Guggles the other day got swallowed by a bad interweb connection.  I left it lie, but will resurrect it since the thread did as well:  Brady and Belichick deserve to go out on top...of a fully engulfed funeral pyre.

EDIT:  Guddammit, Tenhigh in just ahead of me with the concept, but different tool.

Can't the villagers be carrying the funeral pyre on their pitchforks?  Might be hot, but I'll do my share!

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Each other

ewwww.

Not that there's anything wrong with that!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BillsSB2020 said:

Wasn't this a topic discussed earlier this week? I'm new to the board, but I don't understand the admiration for Belichick and Brady. They've won 5 world championships and are not upstanding men in my book. There was an old TV show called 8 is enough and 5 is certainly enough in this case. 

It was.

They deserve whatever they earn on the field. Nothing more or less. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1

images (1).jpeg

3 minutes ago, ricojes said:

They didn't deserve to beat Atlanta, or even Oakland in one of their first runs to the finals...Call it even and let them go out losing...

"Hi, Noob.  It's been well documented over the years how much I respect Brady and Belichick.  I'm sure you're right about a lot of things.  This isn't one of them.  Good day."