Joe Flacco benched in Baltimore...Lamar Jackson era has begun

Big Turk

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Jim Kelly scored a 15.  Marino scored a 16. Fitz scored a 48.

i would be lying to say that I could see the Lamar-Vince Young nfl comparison.  I just don’t think some Bills fans (which I get) don’t realize that Lamar and Allen have similar problems throwing the ball.  They both need to improve big time.

Thank you Biscuit!!

10 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Yes it is much closer to you wanting to put Jackson on a pedestal but some Bills fans do not want to admit that you are trying to be the load for the Debbie Downers on Allen so you can saw "I told you so.".   It sounds like you have some bet you lose if Allen is successful.   Does Allen making pro bowl make you pay out on your bet or did you hedge it enough that he has to be made all pro?

What a stupid post 

10 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Jim Kelly scored a 15.  Marino scored a 16. Fitz scored a 48.

i would be lying to say that I could see the Lamar-Vince Young nfl comparison.  I just don’t think some Bills fans (which I get) don’t realize that Lamar and Allen have similar problems throwing the ball.  They both need to improve big time.

I hear what your saying pal. I actually liked Lamar coming out- I just always have pause when the intelligence level is a tad low. I also believe we cant judge someone just on one test- in a few years we will have our answer. One thing is for certain- Lamar is the new era for the Ravens. 

5 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

I hear what your saying pal. I actually liked Lamar coming out- I just always have pause when the intelligence level is a tad low. I also believe we cant judge someone just on one test- in a few years we will have our answer. One thing is for certain- Lamar is the new era for the Ravens. 

I mean he doesn’t exactly wow you in interviews but neither does Bill Belichick and Fitz kills it.  

The guy guy was an all time great college qb.  But he does have major work to do on his throwing (as does Allen) because neither of them will last running this much, 

1 hour ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Agreed. The Jags need a veteran quarterback to take that team to the next level. Flacco is a good fit. 

If Bortles is  a post June 1 cut, it isn't terrible. 11.5 million in dead money with a 9 million cap savings. There is offset language in the contract he signed, so they have to hope someone will be willing to take a shot on teh open market, which is highly unlikely. 

Jacksonville is in cap hell next season. This was their make or break year. I could see Flacco going there, but not really making a difference or maybe a place like the Giants if they decide to move on from Eli

9 hours ago, Nelius said:

I think there's a notable difference. You know Lamar Jackson is going to run. Allen is known for having a cannon, and the mobility isn't surprising, but the multiple 100 yard rushing games definitely is.

All thing considered I think you can certainly say that Allen is currently harder to "figure out". He's a freak and his ceiling is ridiculous if he can put it all together. He has a better arm than Lamar, and is surprisingly just as good on the ground. I don't find the point too far fetched.

I get the optics being different, but results are the only thing that matters.

Yes, Allen has a much stronger arm, but he has not demonstrated the ability to efficiently matriculate the ball down the field. With improvements at WR, more experience, and a better line, there's certainly reason to believe that will come. But at this point, the only thing he's done exceptionally well is run, Jackson is actually a better passer RIGHT NOW.

Sometimes as Bills fans, we get a little carried away in our assessments as if only our players are going to improve and everyone else will be "figured out."

7 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Yes, Allen has a much stronger arm, but he has not demonstrated the ability to efficiently matriculate the ball down the field. With improvements at WR, more experience, and a better line, there's certainly reason to believe that will come. But at this point, the only thing he's done exceptionally well is run, Jackson is actually a better passer RIGHT NOW.

Sometimes as Bills fans, we get a little carried away in our assessments as if only our players are going to improve and everyone else will be "figured out."

Might want to look up the definition of matriculate my dude

2 minutes ago, Avisan said:

Might want to look up the definition of matriculate my dude

Haha. Nice catch man. I honestly always thought it meant to methodically penetrate.

Josh Allen indeed matriculated at the University of Wyoming. I don't think I've ever used that word in a job interview, but if I had, that would explain a lot.

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I mean he doesn’t exactly wow you in interviews but neither does Bill Belichick and Fitz kills it.  

The guy guy was an all time great college qb.  But he does have major work to do on his throwing (as does Allen) because neither of them will last running this much, 

No they wont- you have to pass first and run second. Hopefully our guy can fix his accuracy (and we get OL/WR help).

20 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

I would disagree with that.  He's not a good passer and I think Allen can become an elite passer.  Jackson won't.

17 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Haha. Nice catch man. I honestly always thought it meant to methodically penetrate.

Josh Allen indeed matriculated at the University of Wyoming. I don't think I've ever used that word in a job interview, but if I had, that would explain a lot.

You got to love old Hank!

Urban Dictionary

A fancy word used to make yourself sound more intelligent in a high stakes situation. Actual definition is irrelevant, use it confidently to replace any more common word and earn immediate respect from your friends and co-workers.
Len: What's the play coach?
Hank (Coaching in the Super Bowl and aware he is mic'd for sound): Just keep matriculating the ball down the field, boys.
Len: Got it coach!
Otis (Back in the huddle): What the hell does matriculate mean?
Len: I have no idea, but from the context it is clear he wants us to continue advancing the ball, and I'm inspired as **** right now.
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

You got to love old Hank!

Urban Dictionary

A fancy word used to make yourself sound more intelligent in a high stakes situation. Actual definition is irrelevant, use it confidently to replace any more common word and earn immediate respect from your friends and co-workers.
Len: What's the play coach?
Hank (Coaching in the Super Bowl and aware he is mic'd for sound): Just keep matriculating the ball down the field, boys.
Len: Got it coach!
Otis (Back in the huddle): What the hell does matriculate mean?
Len: I have no idea, but from the context it is clear he wants us to continue advancing the ball, and I'm inspired as **** right now.

That settles it. I'm going to continue to improperly use the word and hope Avisan is not around to point out the actual definition.

• Haha (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Ok. His passing NUMBERS are better right now.

Maybe.  He rarely throws (25 or less per game) yet still struggle to get over 55% caught.  I don't see him becoming the type of passer Allen can be.  Also, he has as many rushing yards in half the games (and at significantly lower YPC) than Allen.  So Allen is a better runner right now.