The Trump Shutdown

7 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Well, apart from the fact that we won't have $25 billion because we spent it on something useless...

It is going to require the seizure of private lands via eminent domain. There actually are long term environmental concerns, but I doubt you give a hot deuce about those.

I have to think that having your land forcibly sold away from you might bother people.

Especially for such a colossal waste.

Your smugness is ***** annoying. I'm not emotional. I could give two *****

But not for nothing I've had land forcibly taken from me thanks to Obama's high speed rail dream!  Remember that?  High speed rail!  Fund states and railroads to improve rail lines to one day take high speed rail up and down the i85 of railroads.  That big ol'dream ran out of steam quick. It ***** with many people and forcibly took land. That was a complete waste but I made 6 figures off that, and the other issues with the county doing it was not much different.

So, yeah, you are a worthless peon opining without intelligence or experience. Gain one. Come back to the adults table.  Now go sit with the kiddies. 

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, billsfan89 said:

...ladders and ropes can be left on the Mexico side (which America can do very little about,)...

Uh, you do realize that physical barriers aren't actually on the exact border, right?

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

So it's okay when it's a train to people through Kalifornia, but not to keep out people who don't belong!!!

https://www.fresnobee.com/news/local/high-speed-rail/article19667451.html

5 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Which is also why Trump's Wall is a load of *****: the cost is being low-balled by addressing just the physical construction ("Build a wall!") and not the more significant cost of patrolling and maintenance.  It's not a $5B wall...it's a $50B wall.

And worth every penny if saves just one life.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/27/us/suspect-california-police-officer-killed/index.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/true-crime/wp/2018/08/21/mollie-tibbetts-has-been-found-dead-a-month-after-she-vanished-authorities-say/?utm_term=.50e09f224ced

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2017/10/25/an-illegal-immigrant-killed-a-woman-and-was-used-to-justify-trumps-wall-now-hes-on-trial/?utm_term=.4af662eb9b17

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

No, no, no, no, no.  Not "If it saves just one life."

"THINK OF THE CHILDREN!"

The very leftists on this site during the Obamacare debate, howling that the entire bill was worth if it it only saved one child, today look at the border wall debate and say "Okay, so big deal, a few cops get killed by illegal aliens. Is that really worth a wall???"

Interestingly, they're simply too stupid to understand their own hypocrisy.

2 hours ago, BeginnersMind said:

Congress can pass legislation for both better Dreamer legislation and also fund the wall. Courts aren’t going to be an issue. 

Or the Dems can get something else in exchange for the wall. I’m not making the deal. Just saying the adults on both sides need to make the deal. 

Republicans won't do it because they know eminent domain and environmental lawsuits would push the building of the wall until the next presidential election cycle at which point it might not get built at all. 

Trump will have the Corps look into the wall, people will think its getting built and he'll "save face" when the gov't reopens.

Trust me, you don't want the Corps building the wall...  LoL... It will be a doosy when they get engineering division involved!  They will put up 20 miles and cost three times as much & Asian carp will slip through the Rio Grande... /smh...

FORWARD!

ESSAYONS!  

9 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Trump will have the Corps look into the wall, people will think its getting built and he'll "save face" when the gov't reopens.

Trust me, you don't want the Corps building the wall...  LoL... It will be a doosy when they get engineering division involved!  They will put up 20 miles and cost three times as much & Asian carp will slip through the Rio Grande... /smh...

FORWARD!

ESSAYONS!  

Asian carp are prime to have frickin' laser beams attached to their heads. A perfect deterrent for a large chunk of the border.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Koko78 said:

Asian carp are prime to have frickin' laser beams attached to their heads. A perfect deterrent for a large chunk of the border.

LoL... Hope the Trumpster knows what he is getting into invoking the Corps robbing Peter to pay Paul... Asian carp are filter feeders, they only orient themselves facing upstream... Migrants will just point downstream.

22 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

One slick politician:

"When I say Mexico's gonna pay for the wall -- do you think they're going to write a check?" Trump asked. "No, they're paying for the wall in a great trade deal."

Nice!

Which, of course, was obvious from day one to anyone who's still able to discern the difference between campaign rhetoric and reality.

13 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

You have no facts to back this up.

You're making broad summations of talking points you've heard while doing zero research for yourself into the issue. That's why you're so easily misled. 

Just feelz. No facts. The NPCinPhilly way of approaching life's problems.

You're terrible at this whole understanding how politics actually works thing. 

The pressure is all on the left to bend. They can't win the argument on substance, most of them already voted for the wall in the past, and the more days the government is shut down the less camera time the left's best shots in 2020 have to make their soundbytes on various committees and investigations they're just DYING to roll out. 

All feelz, no facts. The NPCinPhilly way. 

But much more on the left than the right, considering DC is largely a blue city with blue voting gov't workers.

Dude, I ****ing link the fact checking that back me up. Thank you for, once again, proving that you just refuse unbiased facts. All you do is cover your ears and chant about how wrong I am.

It's ok, keep having your tantrum with Lil' Baby Trump. Maybe you have some toys to play with

8t8dbwki9g921.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

8 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

LoL... Hope the Trumpster knows what he is getting into invoking the Corps robbing Peter to pay Paul... Asian carp are filter feeders, they only orient themselves facing upstream... Migrants will just point downstream.

And Asian Carp can't just easily cut holes in a wall. Did you see they just sawed a hole in the stupid wall with a saw they bought at a Home Depot! That's so funny! 

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/424682-nbc-prototype-of-steel-border-barrier-shows-it-could-be-sawed-through

• Thank you (+1) 1