Updated 2019 NFL draft order after Week 14: Bills draft 6th!!

58 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

They're saying he is a 2nd round guy now. Metcalf otoh I'm open to, I can understand that. If Quinnen Williams, Ed Oliver and the LB from LSU is gone, suuuuuuure I can get down with Metcalf.

My exact thinking right now as well. If one of those defenders are there just take them and then do the happy dance. Even the LB where people will scoff "oh you don't take a MLB top 10"......shut up. Can you imagine an Edmunds, White, Milano trio??? But yeah if those guys are gone I'm cool with Williams or Metcalf for the offense.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Chemical said:

It’s always too early to evaluate the Bills decisions if it’s negative. But zay Jones is a true #2 after one good game.

As soon as it’s a proven mistake the homers say “let’s just move on! Stop living in the past!”

apparently there must be a sweet spot where it’s ok to admit the Bills have made a mistake; after enough time has passed but not before too much time has passed. 

As long as I see continued improvement I will.  Hes had a few good games this season.  You think Moulds was anything close to a ProBowl WR in year 2.  I got news for you bud.  I do expect marked improvement next season.  Just so you know its not too early to evaluate any position.  My evaluation just doesnt look for 100 catches or 1000 rec yards in year two from any WR.  Its just too early to write him off.  Year 3 is the one for WRs.  Always has been the rule of thumb.

BTW according to many on this board Robert Woods was a bumb.  I didnt think so.  Does he look like a bum now.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

1 hour ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

My exact thinking right now as well. If one of those defenders are there just take them and then do the happy dance. Even the LB where people will scoff "oh you don't take a MLB top 10"......shut up. Can you imagine an Edmunds, White, Milano trio??? But yeah if those guys are gone I'm cool with Williams or Metcalf for the offense.

If I am at 6 I’m trading down

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

As long as I see continued improvement I will.  Hes had a few good games this season.  You think Moulds was anything close to a ProBowl WR in year 2.  I got news for you bud.  I do expect marked improvement next season.  Just so you know its not too early to evaluate any position.  My evaluation just doesnt look for 100 catches or 1000 rec yards in year two from any WR.  Its just too early to write him off.  Year 3 is the one for WRs.  Always has been the rule of thumb.

BTW according to many on this board Robert Woods was a bumb.  I didnt think so.  Does he look like a bum now.

I wish people would stop comparing Moulds' first two seasons to anyone else.  He was in Levy's dog house, but there was zero question about his ability to catch the damn ball.   

6 minutes ago, GG said:

I wish people would stop comparing Moulds' first two seasons to anyone else.  He was in Levy's dog house, but there was zero question about his ability to catch the damn ball.   

I wish people would stop arguing with logical points just because is disproves their view point. I realise that research is too much work for people to do but Im done doing it for people that dont want to except it.  But it was the same for Andre Reed as well.  If you actually looked into it you would find that 3 years isnt my opinion it is the accepted NFL standard

Edited by formerlyofCtown

6 hours ago, billspro said:

Metcalf seems like consensus number 1 at this time.

Consensus number one according to media outlets. 

You’re not seeing people within the league or even media members quoting ‘execs’ or what not talking about Metcalf.  

As it gets closer to the combine, his injury issues pop up more and get examined deeper, his physicals gifts start to get offset by what he lacks intangibly, he’ll start to fall. I’d bet lots of money that he won’t be the first receiver off the board, maybe not even one of the first 3. 

1 hour ago, elijah said:

Consensus number one according to media outlets. 

You’re not seeing people within the league or even media members quoting ‘execs’ or what not talking about Metcalf.  

As it gets closer to the combine, his injury issues pop up more and get examined deeper, his physicals gifts start to get offset by what he lacks intangibly, he’ll start to fall. I’d bet lots of money that he won’t be the first receiver off the board, maybe not even one of the first 3. 

I would be surprised, he is a pretty special talent and athlete. Haven’t watched much of Harmon yet though.

Also, he is very similar to the type of players we took in the first round last year. Raw but an elite talent. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if we drafted him.

1 minute ago, nemhoff said:

I seriously wouldn’t mind if the spent every draft pick on OL and WR, look what the Colts did in last year’s draft with their Oline.  Take OL with first three picks...after they trade down

If we do that we are gonna have to find a way to get playmakers on the team.......

I really would not be against drafting a OL high.....and then going playmakers the rest of the way while using our free agency money on veteran offensive linemen......they come stir and ready.....and we have a lot of offensive postiion holes to fill....which is also why if the opportunity presents itself I would like to trade down.

If this team COULD JUST RUN THE DAMN BALL....our offense would look so much better

20 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

They're saying he is a 2nd round guy now. Metcalf otoh I'm open to, I can understand that. If Quinnen Williams, Ed Oliver and the LB from LSU is gone, suuuuuuure I can get down with Metcalf.

There's no precedent for a 6'4 230 WR with 4.4 speed to drop in the 2nd. I guess maybe the neck issue but even Mike Williams went 7th a few years ago.

On 12/25/2018 at 2:03 PM, formerlyofCtown said:

I wish people would stop arguing with logical points just because is disproves their view point. I realise that research is too much work for people to do but Im done doing it for people that dont want to except it.  But it was the same for Andre Reed as well.  If you actually looked into it you would find that 3 years isnt my opinion it is the accepted NFL standard

Why don't bring up the many more Bills' 2nd round WR busts in your history lesson?  Funny how Zay looks a heck of a lot more like Reed's 2nd round draftmate than Reed himself.  Too bad Zay isn't an all-pro special teamer either to try to salvage his career.  

3 hours ago, GG said:

Why don't bring up the many more Bills' 2nd round WR busts in your history lesson?  Funny how Zay looks a heck of a lot more like Reed's 2nd round draftmate than Reed himself.  Too bad Zay isn't an all-pro special teamer either to try to salvage his career.  

Oh yup other GMs took some other bust WRs.  As a lot of teams do.  So far McBeanes drafts and young talent aquisitions look pretty good.  Just look at our UDFA WR and CB.  He may very well end up being a bust but as I said the rule of thumb is 3 years and it isnt our draft history is NFL reality but you would have to actually research to see it.  90% of the time I do some research before I type.