Updated 2019 NFL draft order after Week 14: Bills draft 6th!!

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I think there is going to be a way for us to trade down and still get a quality OL or WR in the first round.......

I really think this is the way we should go. 

IMO we are in a position where blue chip prospects trump any "needs".  

16 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

The blue chip prospects are defensive players

Our defense is just fine.

It doesn’t matter. If the Bills are picking in the top 5 it will almost certainly be a defensive player. That’s the talent that warrants a top 5 pick. If they fall closer to 10 it could be an offensive player. 

15 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Best case scenario is we're aggressive this offseason like the Bears were last offseason where they signed Robinson, Gabriel, and Burton to help Trubisky.  They also bolstered their defense significantly by signing Mack and drafting Smith.  

That has to be the model.  Philly, LAR, and Chicago.  Buffalo has an above average and cheap defensive unit.  This offseason Buffalo has the money and potential to make runs at top FA.  Allen right now is an underground king.  Not getting national attention but he really is balling.  That paired with the new field house could be the cherry on top.  I would go hard at Bell, Lawrence, and who ever they deem the top OT, OG, and C.  Explore a trade for any pass catcher entering the last year of a deal.  

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

The blue chip prospects are defensive players

Our defense is just fine.

Not necessarily. The Bills were unable to generate any pressure on Darnold/McCown this Sunday, so they could always upgrade the DE position. 

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

At the expense of not upgrading and protecting our investment Josh Allen?

That should be priority number 1

I think that everyone agrees that protecting Josh and getting Josh weapons are the 2 biggest needs. That doesn’t mean that you reach in the draft. Good teams never do that. The top tier of this draft is on the defensive side of the ball. Get the best player that you can. You have to draft to the value. They will plug some holes in FA to lend that flexibility. 

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

I think that everyone agrees that protecting Josh and getting Josh weapons are the 2 biggest needs. That doesn’t mean that you reach in the draft. Good teams never do that. The top tier of this draft is on the defensive side of the ball. Get the best player that you can. You have to draft to the value. They will plug some holes in FA to lend that flexibility. 

If they trade down and accumulate more picks they wont be reaching

I am not saying lets take a WR at 5....I am saying lets trade down and get an additional 2nd and THEN start looking at a OL or wide out.

We still get a 1st round talent at a needed position AND we get more at bats in the 2nd round on players

Still say we should draft Sam Mustipher in the second round.  If anything we now need a body to rotate in and out with defensive ends and tackle; I think Tolen Avery out of being an UDF is that guy or else take him in the seventh.  Kyle Williams and Trent Murphy would need that support if Kyle stays another year or we need Avery to step in and rotate in and out with whoever is picked up.  

17 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

At the expense of not upgrading and protecting our investment Josh Allen?

That should be priority number 1

I believe 2 Olinemen and a TE will be added in free agency John. One of the elite 3 techs or Josh Allen will be the pick unless there is a QB available that a team willing to come up and get. I believe they will spend to protect the investment. I could see a move up for a WR too with the 2nd round pick.

12 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I am not saying lets take a WR at 5....I am saying lets trade down and get an additional 2nd and THEN start looking at a OL or wide out.

We still get a 1st round talent at a needed position AND we get more at bats in the 2nd round on players

If there's an elite WR to be had at the top I'm all for it. Otherwise trade down and down and down some more. Do like the Cowboys and get a Travis Frederick #32 overall

1 minute ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

I believe 2 Olinemen and a TE will be added in free agency John. One of the elite 3 techs or Josh Allen will be the pick unless there is a QB available that a team willing to come up and get. I believe they will spend to protect the investment. I could see a move up for a WR too with the 2nd round pick.

There are also free agent D linemen out there......

The DE from the Texans would be awesome

35 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Which is an option IF someone wants to come up to where we are picking. The only time that trade downs are feasible is when you are on the verge of dropping a tier in terms of players. Maybe if only one of Greedy Williams or Deandre Baker is left then it’s possible. I really don’t see any other possibilities. 

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

Which is an option IF someone wants to come up to where we are picking. The only time that trade downs are feasible is when you are on the verge of dropping a tier in terms of players. Maybe if only one of Greedy Williams or Deandre Baker is left then it’s possible. I really don’t see any other possibilities. 

I like Jonah (OT) and Metcalf (WR) both of which I have seen fall into the middle of the draft.....I dont consider them to be that far in drop of Tier

Jonah to LT, Dawkins to LG, Free Agent C, Teller to RG, Free agent RT

Protect the investment

• Thank you (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

You can't just invent a trade out of thin air though.  Typically teams aren't moving up for anything outside of QB, depending on where our pick falls we might not be shopping a QB.  Adding a stud (and cheap) D-lineman to the defense with White / Edmonds & company isn't not a need anyway, Hughes is 30, Kyle can't have many more years left, Star is 29 and I don't think Murphy or Lawson is going to turn into Kahlil Mack at this point.

When you are picking top ~5, you take the blue chip talent, there will be plenty of "need" players at good value later in the draft. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

You can't just invent a trade out of thin air though.  Typically teams aren't moving up for anything outside of QB, depending on where our pick falls we might not be shopping a QB.  Adding a stud (and cheap) D-lineman to the defense with White / Edmonds & company isn't not a need anyway, Hughes is 30, Kyle can't have many more years left, Star is 29 and I don't think Murphy or Lawson is going to turn into Kahlil Mack at this point.

When you are picking top ~5, you take the blue chip talent, there will be plenty of "need" players at good value later in the draft. 

There was a lot of movement last year...but your right its all speculation right now.

If we have to dig in and draft......impact defensive player or Jonah (OT)

2 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

You can't just invent a trade out of thin air though.  Typically teams aren't moving up for anything outside of QB, depending on where our pick falls we might not be shopping a QB.  

There were a number of trade ups in the first last year for non QB’s including a trade up the Bills made..

I would expect QB needy  teams to be looking to move up to where the Bills are likely to be picking around 10 or better..