Updated 2019 NFL draft order after Week 14: Bills draft 6th!!

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

What QB would they draft ?? Very slim pickings.

haskins, lock, herbert- and teams will massively overpay.  I would like to see us be the recipient of a trade down for a change(josh, zay, edwards, dawkins, et)  trade back and let the draft come to us. Numbers show that the highest success is players drafted in back half of first round, and 2nd.  Let the suckers trade up.  Now lets start stockpiling picks!

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Pete said:

haskins, lock, herbert- and teams will massively overpay.  I would like to see us be the recipient of a trade down for a change(josh, zay, edwards, dawkins, et)  trade back and let the draft come to us. Numbers show that the highest success is players drafted in back half of first round, and 2nd.  Let the suckers trade up.  Now lets start stockpiling picks!

Haskins is not even close to ready, I dont think any QB under Urban Meyer has done anything. The rest of those guys aint great either, hopefully you're right.

3 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Haskins is not even close to ready, I dont think any QB under Urban Meyer has done anything. The rest of those guys aint great either, hopefully you're right.

Having seen every snap of his career I can say, with confidence, that Haskins is by MILES the best pro prospect Urban has ever had (besides Alex Smith). He typically has these zone read QBs. That’s not Haskins. He is 100% a pocket passer. He’s accurate, with a big arm. The pro scouts LOVE him. I will be surprised if he isn’t the first QB taken. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Having seen every snap of his career I can say, with confidence, that Haskins is by MILES the best pro prospect Urban has ever had (besides Alex Smith). He typically has these zone read QBs. That’s not Haskins. He is 100% a pocket passer. He’s accurate, with a big arm. The pro scouts LOVE him. I will be surprised if he isn’t the first QB taken. 

i remember a certain "pocket passer" from there that we drafted that was a cant miss prospect with a laser rocket arm.

On 12/11/2018 at 2:37 PM, Kirby Jackson said:

I don’t think that they are in the same tier as guys like Bosa & Quinnen Williams. I have a bunch of defensive players ahead of any offensive players. In a draft like this it has the reverse effect too. If it is thin at a position guys naturally get overdrafted. If it is deep at a position guys get underdrafted. I’m a BIG believer in drafting to the strength of the draft for that reason. You get better football players. 

We have 0 sacks in the last 8 quarters of football. Give me Rashan Gary please and thank you.

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

i remember a certain "pocket passer" from there that we drafted that was a cant miss prospect with a laser rocket arm.

Cardale was a different player. He was a 7th round pick for a reason. He had huge upside but plenty of flaws. He didn’t have the touch or production of Haskins. He’s going to end up being the 1st QB off the board IMO. Gil Brandt was talking about how much the scouting community loves him last week. Haskins is squeaky clean as a prospect. He just doesn’t have a lot of starts under his belt. 

12 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Oh no!!  Bills anti-tanking to tenth!!

http://www.tankathon.com/nfl

I suspect the Bills will lose to a highly motivated Pats team next week and at least one or two of the teams ahead of them will win (Giants, Falcons, Detroit, or Tampa Bay) I also think the Dolphins game could be a game that the Fins need to keep their hopes for the playoffs alive so that might be a tough game to win. 

So if the Bills lose both their last two games they will at least draft between 8-6. A good spot to be to nab an elite OT or even trade down. 

1 minute ago, billsfan89 said:

I suspect the Bills will lose to a highly motivated Pats team next week and at least one or two of the teams ahead of them will win (Giants, Falcons, Detroit, or Tampa Bay) I also think the Dolphins game could be a game that the Fins need to keep their hopes for the playoffs alive so that might be a tough game to win. 

So if the Bills lose both their last two games they will at least draft between 8-6. A good spot to be to nab an elite OT or even trade down. 

I'm kinda thinking that Dolphins game at home will be a win.  If that's the case BPA, don't trade down.

On 12/11/2018 at 7:23 PM, Boca BIlls said:

Picking the wrong guy wherever you draft is what leads to mediocrity. Draft the right player for your team and improve.

This is McBeane's most important draft and possibly last if they dont blow it out of the water.

2018 was the most important draft for McBeane because that was the one where he had to land his QB. Although the 2019 draft is important because now you have to get talent around the QB getting the QB is still the bigger decision. I think this off-season is huge because the Bills are now in the place where every franchise wants to be in position to spend big while a QB is on a rookie deal. The Bills are in a position similar to where the Rams were in 2017 and the Bears last off-season. Now its time to put Allen in a position to win with a year of experience under his belt and a good defense in place. 

1 minute ago, WhyteDwarf said:

I'm kinda thinking that Dolphins game at home will be a win.  If that's the case BPA, don't trade down.

It could be, but I think the Fins are going to be possibly playing for a playoff spot (They could be in a win and need help scenario.) So its not a game I would favor the Bills winning. In the event the Bills finish 6-10 they probably pick between 8-11. I honestly am not too upset about them ***** up their draft position but I tend to just want the team to play well and lose a close game haha. 

I do think that this regime has in early returns on 2 drafts shown that they do know how to draft. So the more picks they have the better. I think they do like to trade up to grab talent so I wouldn't be shocked to see a trade up happen either. Overall I think when you have a front office that knows how to draft getting more picks is never a bad thing. Just to clarify I wouldn't hate BPA either but if a good trade down is there take it. 

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Cardale was a different player. He was a 7th round pick for a reason. He had huge upside but plenty of flaws. He didn’t have the touch or production of Haskins. He’s going to end up being the 1st QB off the board IMO. Gil Brandt was talking about how much the scouting community loves him last week. Haskins is squeaky clean as a prospect. He just doesn’t have a lot of starts under his belt. 

good luck with that, the guy i saw is not ready.