Allen vs. Darnold: Analysts Evaluate the Present and Predict the Future

4 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I disagree.  With decent WR's AND TE's Allen would have better numbers then Darnold. 

Of the rookie QB's only Mayfield is even remotely accomplished.  The rest of them require a lot of work which is entirely expected.  And while Allen isn't laboring under quite the dumpster fire that Rosen is in Arizona, it's close.  And for sure Jackson has the advantage of QBing a playoff caliber team and Darnold does have more weapons. 

By my calculations Allen lost 2 tds and nearly 130 yards on drops by McK, Foster and Thomas. That doesn't even include points lost on Croom's fumble. Not to mention other tds dropped by KB and others this season. Allen is so much better than these numbers.  Get him a real OL and quality wrs/te's and he's pretty darn close to 60%.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

By my calculations Allen lost 2 tds and nearly 130 yards on drops by McK, Foster and Thomas. That doesn't even include points lost on Croom's fumble. Not to mention other tds dropped by KB and others this season. Allen is so much better than these numbers.  Get him a real OL and quality wrs/te's and he's pretty darn close to 60%.

He is throwing to trash at this point. And i will take Allen over Darnold every day of the week.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

At this point in time, Darnold is clearly better. He is showing a ton of progress. It is still way too early to tell, but Darnold is just more accurate and has way better touch.

Interestingly - both of Allen's INTs yesterday came on weird touch passes - I think he was experimenting with trying to float passes over the defense, as opposed to lasering them.  I'm ok with him trying to add new tools to his arsenal, though obviously yesterday showed he has a lot more work to do.

Edited by Coach Tuesday

6 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Foster didn't drop it. It was a completely uncatchable ball yet also a perfect throw. Both things can be true.

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Either did the Jets. Until they traded up.

That's not fair to the Bills. The Colts have made it very clear that they were not willning to drop below 6th because they were dead set on getting Nelson, who appears to be completely worth that pick. He is a stud. The Bills didn't have enough ammo. They wanted to get to 3, but you need a trade partner. The Jets had what they wanted; we didn't.

1 hour ago, Rico said:

At this stage of the game, Josh Allen is exciting to watch, while Sam Darnold is boring as all hell. I'd rather have Josh.

I think Darnold is fun to watch myself. He makes nice plays outside the pocket consistently.

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Foster didn't drop it. It was a completely uncatchable ball yet also a perfect throw. Both things can be true.

That's not fair to the Bills. The Colts have made it very clear that they were not willning to drop below 6th because they were dead set on getting Nelson, who appears to be completely worth that pick. He is a stud. The Bills didn't have enough ammo. They wanted to get to 3, but you need a trade partner. The Jets had what they wanted; we didn't.

I think Darnold is fun to watch myself. He makes nice plays outside the pocket consistently.

To be fair, I have only watched a couple of his games. Let me change that & just say that I find Allen to be more exciting.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GimmeSomeProcess said:

We didn’t have a shot at Darnold, so who cares. Rosen we can debate, Darnold, Mayfield doesn’t matter 

Yep. I'm sure Darnold checked all the boxes that the Bills decision makers wanted, but we never had a shot at him. The Jets trading up sealed the deal and by that point we knew we would probably be going for the 3rd QB.

2 hours ago, Rico said:

At this stage of the game, Josh Allen is exciting to watch, while Sam Darnold is boring as all hell. I'd rather have Josh.

Thats Jets football, Curtis Martin made the Hall just running it up the gut and staying healthy for many years

On 12/24/2018 at 12:37 AM, LABILLBACKER said:

Totally agree, I don't think very many people grasp how really bad the talent is around Allen right now. And our o line is so bad shady can't get going to take some heat off. How many rookie QBs are asked to come in and asked to become the franchise with the worst receiver core in the NFL, and bottom 5 o line in the NFL. I honestly can't think of a recent worse receiving core paired with a rookie QB.

• Like (+1) 1

On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 12:06 PM, kota said:

Why is this even a topic?  

Because Bill's Fans have draft envy and buyer's remorse....  It comes from years of failing miserably at finding a replacement for nearly Saint Kelly....

I was very impressed with some of the touch passes Darnold threw vs the Bills. I think he will be a very good QB.  One difference I noticed in very limited viewing of Darnold is that he has better receivers than Allen currently has.  Anderson made some catches versus the Bills that no one on the Bills have made this year.  I still like Allen better cause all he needs is a better supporting cast.  I believe the Jets/ Bills series is going to be the teams to compete (once Brady hangs it up).  I look forward to it.

• Like (+1) 3