Miami Coverage---Allen is the QB Dolphins wish they had...wow!

Big Turk

I was a little surprised by all the positive coverage of Allen after the game(which I thought was by far his best to date), but I have to say I was shocked that 2 Dolphin beat writers went out of their way to say Allen is basically the QB they wish they had.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article222521360.html

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/20181202/lieser-buffalo-bills-josh-allen-is-qb-miami-dolphins-wish-they-had

Dolphin players were also very impressed and said they think he is going to be a really good player and were surprised at how poised he was for a rookie.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

I was a little surprised by all the positive coverage of Allen after the game(which I thought was by far his best to date), but I have to say I was shocked that 2 Dolphin beat writers went out of their way to say Allen is basically the QB they wish they had.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article222521360.html

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/20181202/lieser-buffalo-bills-josh-allen-is-qb-miami-dolphins-wish-they-had

Dolphin players were also very impressed and said they think he is going to be a really good player and were surprised at how poised he was for a rookie.

Thanks for sharing. I know people want to point out his flaws, and there are a lot of things he needs to work on, but this is the guy we have been looking for and waiting for all of these years. He's a gamer, with guts, a huge arm, super smart. hard worker, and his teammates love him. Plus he has the size, big hands and all that stuff. He stands tall in the pocket and made some big throws with people all over him. He's special.  

• Like (+1) 13
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Thanks for sharing. I know people want to point out his flaws, and there are a lot of things he needs to work on, but this is the guy we have been looking for and waiting for all of these years. He's a gamer, with guts, a huge arm, super smart. hard worker, and his teammates love him. Plus he has the size, big hands and all that stuff. He stands tall in the pocket and made some big throws with people all over him. He's special.  

For my part, I'm typically depressed after a Bills loss, turn off football the rest of the day and avoiding online articles the morning after.  While not wishing for any losing at any time, I kept watching football yesterday to see how some other QBs looked.  BTW, Ben Roethlisberger throws some inaccurate passes as well. Also I've been looking for stories since I woke up.  Two words... Josh Allen!

• Like (+1) 3

I was pretty impressed by the Dolphins performance as well. They are a tough team and it was a great game win or loss.

Allen is a gamer and he's going to be a superstar just based on his toughness and the way he plays even if he doesn't put up monster stats every year.

Other players around the league are starting to take notice.

Edited by ChronicAndKnuckles

9 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

I was pretty impressed by the Dolphins performance as well. They are a tough team and it was a great game win or loss.

Allen is a gamer and he's going to be a superstar just based on his toughness and the way he plays even if he doesn't put up monster stats every year.

Other players around the league are starting to take notice.

I'm still in shock over just how fast he is. Dude pulls away from LBs chasing him like they are stuck in quicksand. It almost mitigates the ability of a team to put a spy on him...they can spy him but he can simply still just outrun the player like he did a few times yesterday.

• Like (+1) 3

I had to listen to the Miami coverage of the game while driving yesterday. First, they are really terrible. You have wait a long time to find out what happened on the field while they bloviate about what happened 10 minutes ago. Three guys in the booth doesn't work, btw. That said, they were constantly amazed by Allen - and their reaction when they though Clay had caught the ball was priceless.

1 hour ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

1fa640c99cfd11b494f5bb6e9131688d--daisy-

Yeah, but she leaves perfectly good AR-15s in rental cars.

So multiple  Miami  players, coaches and beat writers were showering praise of Allen.  They all believed he has a very bright future.  

I cant remember a game after a loss that I felt as good of the future of the Bill's as this last one.

• Like (+1) 5

30 minutes ago, Magox said:

So multiple  Miami  players, coaches and beat writers were showering praise of Allen.  They all believed he has a very bright future.  

I cant remember a game after a loss that I felt as good of the future of the Bill's as this last one.

The '86 Opener felt this way

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Magox said:

The Bills are definitely closer to being successful. As a Miami fan I would be worried another elite QB was coming into the division. They may have lucked in to a win but there is a good chance we knock them out of the playoff hunt next time we play them. Next year we should be set up to win the division and they are stuck with Tannehill.