Nick O'Leary Signs a 1-Year Extension with Miami

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

My point is that it doesn’t matter. You shouldn’t settle on any of those guys. Next year, try someone else new. You can throw a rock and find the production that those guys give you. Keep cycling through until you find guys that can actually play. 

I agree with this. I’m not saying that he is worthless. He’s a JAG. I’m never going to be upset when a JAG moves on. It is refreshing when a franchise doesn’t settle. O’Leary is an average 3rd TE. That’s not a hard role to replace. 

True he is not hard to replace. I don't think it matters too much at all. He might carve out a career and he might not. We need significant upgrades on the side of the ball. I really wanted Vance McDonald to be our guy. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Jaywrizzo said:

Hahahahahahaha...Croom is a much better TE...already! And Logan Thomas is a good backup. Only problem I have with them getting rid of O'leary is, they didn't send Clay out the door with him....People still crying over a slow.....under average blocker in O'Leary? Please stop it!

No one is crying. Alot of us just saw O'Leary as a nice backup piece. He delivered a handful of times he was called on and is still young. By all professional accounts he is an above average blocker too. Adam Gase has had alot of success at the TE position and he drafted two in the first four rounds last year. He must think something of O'Leary too. I don't mind Croom or Thomas but I would bet both are out of the league alot sooner than O'Leary. 

It's no great mistake by the Bills. It might just be a small one though. This staff has been hell bent on purging draft picks from the last regime. He was just next I guess.

11 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

In 3 years he has 39 catches for 550 yards. Hes a JAG. 

Thought he was an ok player, dont think our record is any different with him in the lineup

....hard to gauge with our past, highly prolific passing game..........

42 minutes ago, Needle said:

True he is not hard to replace. I don't think it matters too much at all. He might carve out a career and he might not. We need significant upgrades on the side of the ball. I really wanted Vance McDonald to be our guy. 

Man I had a man crush for McDonald since the draft. Would have loved to move on him. Oh well. His presence will make Jesse James available though. 

Jesse James a Buffalo Bill almost seems meant to be. 

47 minutes ago, Needle said:

100% agree on the infusion of talent needed on offense. Vance McDonald would have been a great addition!! 

3 hours ago, Needle said:

No one is crying. Alot of us just saw O'Leary as a nice backup piece. He delivered a handful of times he was called on and is still young. By all professional accounts he is an above average blocker too. Adam Gase has had alot of success at the TE position and he drafted two in the first four rounds last year. He must think something of O'Leary too. I don't mind Croom or Thomas but I would bet both are out of the league alot sooner than O'Leary. 

It's no great mistake by the Bills. It might just be a small one though. This staff has been hell bent on purging draft picks from the last regime. He was just next I guess.

Croom will be a star...as soon as Josh Allen realizes Croom is a young QBs best friend.....I didn't mind O'Leary,  would've kept him over Clay....nothing stands out about O'Leary.

4 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

:lol: It's as if the Bills let a Hall of Fame talent go who has gone on to tear up the league.  

Hahahahaha.....yeah, if you listen to the people on here.

Just now, Jaywrizzo said:

Croom will be a star...as soon as Josh Allen realizes Croom is a young QBs best friend.....I didn't mind O'Leary,  would've kept him over Clay....nothing stands out about O'Leary.

That wouldn't have made any sense from a personnel or a cap perspective. 

8 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

That wouldn't have made any sense from a personnel or a cap perspective. 

Oh yeah...tell me that again...after that clown couldn't get back to that last pass...leave him in Miami, with O'Leary!

Edited by Jaywrizzo
  • Haha (+1) 1

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 4:09 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah that was Robert Royal's signature moment with the Bills.   

He was the *best* of about 15 free agents they signed that offseason.

When he was with Washington there was a hilarious NFL films video of a particular game where Royal dropped like 5 easy passes and the Redskins radio team was going nuts........I have never heard a home radio team trash a home team player like that.?

As time went on with the Bills, opposing defenses would just let him run free basically daring the Bills to throw to him.

I don't think that most posters will be able to believe the bolded above. When you told me this in the parking lot before a game that this was going on I was sure that you were mistaken. Then I was sitting upstairs with a perfect view of Royal streaking down the field completely alone for the entire game. The defense did not even try to cover him!!!

I never saw that before or after on a consistent basis. Have you ever seen this situation with any other professional player?

• 4 weeks later...