Other Allen throw to Foster that was better than TD bomb (GIF)

Bocephuz

Which JA throw to Foster in Jags game is more impressive?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Which JA throw to Foster in Jags game is more impressive?

• Long bomb TD to Foster
    • 3q 19 YD 1st Down to Foster shown in Gif

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/01/2018 at 09:20 PM

I think it is safe to assume that everyone has seen the TD bomb to Foster and justfiably so that play is getting much attention as an example of JA climbing pocket and throwing a strike.

While that throw was incredible.. the 19 yd throw to Foster shown below from 3q  :12 mark is even better IMO

wMPiuSW.gif

- Allen stands tall in the pocket ..

- Hit as he releases the ball

- Throws with velocity over the middle

- Gets it over /around 3 defenders to Foster for a first down

That's as good as it gets right there...

Edited by Bocephuz
  • Like (+1) 8

What jumped out to me on his college highlight tape...and what has continued to impress me at the pro level...are his throws to receivers 20-30 yards downfield.  The ball just gets there sooo fast.  There was similar throw in Sundays game that was dropped...though can't remember who dropped it.  If he hits those consistently, he's going to be a hell of a quarterback.

indeed.. it's been so  long since we've seen that . That 's what real qbs do.. stand in the pocket.. take a hit and deliver

the velocity is noticeable... its' definitely a fastball.

Consistency is key.. but if he can make 2 of those types of throws per game going forward like he did last week we'll be in good shape

I don't want to sound like I'm piling on Tyrod because I liked him as a player, but there were several throws last week that Allen made because he's got the height to not only see over the rush, but also to get the proper ark on the ball. Taylor couldn't do that so it's nice to see this. I agree with the OP that this throw was quality stuff.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The bomb to Foster was one of the most impressive plays I've ever seen on a physical level. The other throw to Foster was more impressive on a mental level and those are the throws he'll need to make consistently to move the chains. So I get what you're saying but the bomb was still the best throw of the game. Good chance it will end up being one of the best throws of his career when all is said and done.

• Like (+1) 6

41 minutes ago, Degenerate Mike in HHDS said:

I don't know if it was better but is was real NFL QB throw, something we haven't seen here at least on our team in a long time.

35 minutes ago, fergie's ire said:

26 minutes ago, GRHater69 said:

I don't want to sound like I'm piling on Tyrod because I liked him as a player, but there were several throws last week that Allen made because he's got the height to not only see over the rush, but also to get the proper ark on the ball. Taylor couldn't do that so it's nice to see this. I agree with the OP that this throw was quality stuff.

agreed.. Taylor's limitations throwing over the middle wasn't due to his not being tough or not wanting to take a hit.. he just physically couldn't see or make those throws. It sure is nice to have  6'5 strong armed qb who can see/throw over defenders and still get zip on the ball even when taking a hit

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bocephuz said:

I think it is safe to assume that everyone has seen the TD bomb to Foster and justfiably so that play is getting much attention as an example of JA climbing pocket and throwing a strike.

While that throw was incredible.. the 19 yd throw to Foster shown below from 3q  :12 mark is even better IMO

wMPiuSW.gif

- Allen stands tall in the pocket ..

- Hit as he releases the ball

- Throws with velocity over the middle

- Gets it over /around 3 defenders to Foster for a first down

That's as good as it gets right there...

40 yards is a BOMB??? oi vay

1 hour ago, Bocephuz said:

indeed.. it's been so  long since we've seen that . That 's what real qbs do.. stand in the pocket.. take a hit and deliver

the velocity is noticeable... its' definitely a fastball.

Consistency is key.. but if he can make 2 of those types of throws per game going forward like he did last week we'll be in good shape

I would rather improve the offensive line so he isnt taking the hit

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, GRHater69 said:

I’m the in 30% lol

They are both unbelievable throws. I don’t understand how he was able to be accurate on either of them. Hopefully we can get this kid a real oline next year. This oline is forcing him to get the ball out quick which might be good for his development in the long run. 

There are only a couple of QBs in the NFL that can make either of those throws. I’m really excited about the future.

28 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I would rather improve the offensive line so he isnt taking the hit

That will be the key to consistency. The QB should not be being hit on either of those throws, but it’s nice to see him make a spectacular play when needed.

1 minute ago, Bocephuz said:

as would I. Dawkins has not been performing that well lately.  If I'm Bills I would seriously consider LT as # 1 pick

I just really think that Dawkins would be a pro bowl type LG......draft a LT...move Dawkins to LG.....bring in a free agent center and get a RT...move Teller to RG

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I just really think that Dawkins would be a pro bowl type LG......draft a LT...move Dawkins to LG.....bring in a free agent center and get a RT...move Teller to RG

Amen to that John!