Whatever happened The NFL’s Investigation Into the Yannick- Richie Incognito Claims?

Remember after the Bills 10-3 playoff loss, Jags DE Yannick Ngakoue claimed that Richie Incognito called him a racist term?  Eric Wood, Dion Dawkins and Incognito himself denied it. Yannick made these claims and said he “couldn’t remember” what racist language Incognito said.

I remember reading that Incognito and Yannick made up at the AFC Pro Bowl.  Still the NFL said they were investigating the matter.

Then nothing happened.  No more news on the matter.  What exactly happened?  Did the NFL determine it was BS?   Or did they just drop the investigation when Richie lost his mind?

Edited by Phil The Thrill

The last i saw the NFL had interviewed multiple players on both lines and at no point was there any indication that anyone heard anything. Basically i think the NFL thinks Yannick is a liar but is afraid to call him out because Richie is not an easy guy to defend.

6 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

The last i saw the NFL had interviewed multiple players on both lines and at no point was there any indication that anyone heard anything. Basically i think the NFL thinks Yannick is a liar but is afraid to call him out because Richie is not an easy guy to defend.

Yeah, RI has shown himself to be a upright citizen.  

How do we know that wasn't the real reason that Richie was released and they agreed to let him retire on his terms while just n ot saying anything about the investigation? Maybe, since McDermott was clearly upset by the accusations, the Bills just decided that he was not a good fit. No one else signed Richie and he was still a probowl caliber guard.

What are they supposed to do, suspend Incognito from his nonexistent team's next games?  

1 minute ago, GreggTX said:

How do we know that wasn't the real reason that Richie was released and they agreed to let him retire on his terms while just n ot saying anything about the investigation? Maybe, since McDermott was clearly upset by the accusations, the Bills just decided that he was not a good fit. No one else signed Richie and he was still a probowl caliber guard.

No conspiracy, the guy is out of his mind.  Kaepernick would get a job before Richie.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

And part of the deal was that he had to call out the team for restructuring his contract and ask to be released on Twitter. 

It could happen....

12 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Remember after the Bills 10-3 playoff loss, Jags DE Yannick Ngakoue claimed that Richie Incognito called him a racist term?  Eric Wood, Dion Dawkins and Incognito himself denied it. Yannick made these claims and said he “couldn’t remember” what racist language Incognito said.

I remember reading that Incognito and Yannick made up at the AFC Pro Bowl.  Still the NFL said they were investigating the matter.

Then nothing happened.  No more news on the matter.  What exactly happened?  Did the NFL determine it was BS?   Or did they just drop the investigation when Richie lost his mind?

Quiet. Don’t mention Ritchie’s name or he might resurface.

I think once you show up to a funeral home, demand the head of your father, try to fight with the employees, tell everyone there that you have guns and will use them - and then the cops arrive (small wonder) and find indeed someone thought it was a good idea to sell Richie a crap ton of guns and a silencer to boot... which they confiscate (where is the NRA when you need them to protect a crazy guy's rights?) well you have kind of left the Rubicon of insult-trading reprisal far behind.

Just my opinion.