Postgame thread: Bills 24 Jags 21

BuffAlone

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Good stuff. It's important he notes some of the plays Allen made that didn't count as you can still evaluate off of that (the 2 consecutive 3rd down conversions Allen had passing the ball that were called back).

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

That grin when they're asking him about the fight, made me forgive a lot of this season. I loved that reaction from the coach, fans, and team. That's a culture change I can get behind. 

(not being dirty or fighting, but defending one another when cheap shots are taken)

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Victory formation losses cost him his 100 yard rushing game.

I've always thought that shouldn't be counted as a negative stat. It makes no sense to penalize a guy for winning (essentially). 

• Like (+1) 4

25 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

But that's the point.  We clearly need to do better.

Agree.  Most of the flags were spot on.  I thought the refs did great.  Teams made too many penalties.  

Edited by Irv

15 minutes ago, chaccof said:

Was it Dennis Shaw that held those two records (in 1970)?  I recall he had a good arm, don't recall him being a particularly nimble runner. 

My memories of Dennis Shaw are turtling in the face of pass rushers bearing down on him

30 minutes ago, John in Jax said:

Just checked the box score. Attendance was only about 58,000 people; what's up with that?!

Many season ticket holders dumped their remaining Tix, holiday weekend , etc. Would have been a tough sell with a winning record. Bottom line : lots of tix are purchased with the intent of selling on the secondary market. If the team is out of it, those don’t sell and  they go unused.

1 hour ago, BuffAlone said:

I wonder what Ramsey said to Allen as he patted his helmet after the game? Josh looked like he was surprised, and lit up to reply. I wonder what was said?

"I guess you Ain't Trash?"

Ramsey is like a fighter who talks a bunch of trash to get himself motivated and to get into the other players head.