MNF Game thread Rams and Chiefs.

4 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Because I am a dick ok?  Lol, yeah I get it.

Lol it was pretty funny watching them celebrate. I was caught up in the emotion myself so equally embarrassing.

How do you think this game helps his MVP case? So many turnovers but those interceptions at the end were desperation mode. Mostly the 2nd one. He should have dinked and dunked first one rather than waiting too long to throw. Youngblood mistakes.

But he stuffed the stat sheet Mann. I'm all in on Mahomeboy over Brees.

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

5 minutes ago, Blue on Blue said:

As a "football" game, it sucked.  As pinball, it was intriguing.

What is your favorite football game? Haha ZERO blown coverages? Don't think that happens and if offenses don't capitalize on it then it's a BAD football game.

2 minutes ago, KellyToTasker said:

LOL, do you really believe that was my point?????? Haha.  You're gold! Seriously, it made me laugh.  

College basketball games like that are super fun :)

2 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Yes, I believed what you said was your point.  MENSA indeed.

Don't do it man! Good opinions just can't be won around here

Just now, BringBackOrton said:

Yes, I believed what you said was your point.  MENSA indeed.

Okay.....Pay attention and read slow. There was zero defense in that game. Both teams went up and down, from start to finish. Much like college basketbal, turn the game on in the final two minutes and watch the outcome. 

1 minute ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

College basketball games like that are super fun :)

College basketball games that go to the wire are fun?!!?!?!?  I like hardnosed college basketball games, where defense is KING.  Good old 42-34 slug fests where both teams shoot 20% from the floor.  THAT'S MY KIND OF SPORT.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, KellyToTasker said:

Okay.....Pay attention and read slow. There was zero defense in that game. Both teams went up and down, from start to finish. Much like college basketbal, turn the game on in the final two minutes and watch the outcome. 

Yes dude, we get it.  You don't like games where teams score a lot.  It's Billsholm Syndrome.  You've convinced yourself that 12-8 games are more fun to watch.  You're a prisoner.

4 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

College basketball games that go to the wire are fun?!!?!?!?  I like hardnosed college basketball games, where defense is KING.  Good old 42-34 slug fests where both teams shoot 20% from the floor.  THAT'S MY KIND OF SPORT.

Cause kids can't hit jumpers to save their live lmao.

Love watching missed open jumpers that's JUST GREAT DEFENSE.

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

Yes dude, we get it.  You don't like games where teams score a lot.  It's Billsholm Syndrome.  You've convinced yourself that 12-8 games are more fun to watch.  You're a prisoner.

How can you derive that from a series of posts in one thread? That's an assumption that you quickly came to.....Assumptions with little thought rarely turn out well. And you're going from 1 extreme (100 points a game) to another (20 points a game). Seems pretty weak. 

5 minutes ago, KellyToTasker said:

We can appreciate a fun offensive performance just like I appreciated a great defensive game like Bills V Titans. 

I like seeing games where teams are excellent at what they do and well matched. That's what happened today. Mahomeboy has nads the size of Jupiter.

3 minutes ago, KellyToTasker said:

How can you derive that from a series of posts in one thread? That's an assumption that you quickly came to.....Assumptions with little thought rarely turn out well. And you're going from 1 extreme (100 points a game) to another (20 points a game). Seems pretty weak. 

Okay, fair enough.  How many games in the 2018 season were better than this one?  2-3? Maybe?

Just now, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

We can appreciate a fun offensive performance just like I appreciated a great defensive game like Bills V Titans. 

I like seeing games where teams are excellent at what they do and well matched. That's what happened today. Mahomeboy has nads the size of Jupiter.

And I as welll. My concern is when the offensive juggernauts become the standard and not the exception/fun offensive performance. 

Just now, KellyToTasker said:

And I as welll. My concern is when the offensive juggernauts become the standard and not the exception/fun offensive performance. 

The juggernauts get exposed in the playoffs absolutely. That's why I have Rams or Saints all the way. Offensive juggernauts with great defensive potential once the Rams get healthy on that end. 

But Chiefs are no slouches on D. They get shredded by great offenses and I don't see a single balanced AFC team tbh. That's why I can see the Titans or Texans.. whoever wins that division making upsets like the Jags did. Absolutely. I think the Cheifs are lacking in secondary, really should have kept Peters baggage and all. But still a stout front 7 and have always been traditionally.

Defense is huge in the post season when it's one and done.

4 minutes ago, KellyToTasker said:

Saints / Rams / Steelers / Chiefs / Pats 

That day is now.

If McBeane doesn’t bring in a dramatic influx of talent that can impact the passing game this offseason, they aren’t surviving another year. 

Okay, fair enough.  How many games in the 2018 season were better than this one?  2-3? Maybe?

When games like this are the exception, sure....Absolutely entertaining. But the game is trending towards Arena Football, no defense, back and forth they all go. It's like when the defense makes a stop, that becomes the big play vice what was once the 65 yard bomb (due to both teams scoring over and over, taking turns). It's the single defensive stop that has more value towards the outcome of the game than the one of many TDs thrown. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Think both Chiefs - Patriots and Rams - Saints were better. I think Minnesota - Rams was a better game too.

That is just off the top of my head. 

Chiefs Pats and Rams Saints were both high scoring with very little defense. This sounds like hair splitting to me

Just now, Chuck Wagon said:

Saints / Rams / Steelers / Chiefs / Pats 

That day is now.

If McBeane doesn’t bring in a dramatic influx of talent that can impact the passing game this offseason, they aren’t surviving another year. 

Competitive advantage is key. How do the Jags slug it up with us only to move on and shootout with the Steelers? They have the ability to make a few stops whereas Steelers never do. Think Titans or Texans will be the same. 

NFC is just so much better. They're not one sided teams. Rams need to get healthy and the Saints have a great defense.

Chiefs Pats and Rams Saints were both high scoring with very little defense. This sounds like hair splitting to me

To me that tonight just wasn't much fun. Do I appreciate how efficient both offenses are? Sure. 

But I like those "gotta make it" 3rd downs and those big defensive stands. That is the jeopardy. Without that, for me at least, the game is less enjoyable. 

Best player on the field was still Aaron Donald who is prob the best player in the NFL right now.  Dude is held on every play and still dominates.  Nice to see a couple guys like Donald and Mack get those big checks and then still dominate after.

Edited by Alphadawg7

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

To me that tonight just wasn't much fun. Do I appreciate how efficient both offenses are? Sure. 

But I like those "gotta make it" 3rd downs and those big defensive stands. That is the jeopardy. Without that, for me at least, the game is less enjoyable. 

Okay, fair enough. Pitch and catch on critical downs with high stakes is more fun. No argument. 

I still contend this game was still really good and fun to watch. And one of the biggest plays of the game ended up being the punt at the end.

A game like this won’t be the new NFL. The Chiefs aren’t doing this every week. We just saw two high powered offenses go at it, and we’ll be back to our regular scheduled 13-10 defensive battle next week against the Jags.

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Best player on the field was still Aaron Donald who is prob the best player in the NFL right now.  Dude is held on every play and still dominates.  Nice to see a couple guys like Donald and Mack get those big checks and then still dominate after.

That is true. Aaron Donald is an absolute beast and a joy to watch. And I think the best player in the league is he or Drew Brees..... there is a gap after those two in my opinion. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Competitive advantage is key. How do the Jags slug it up with us only to move on and shootout with the Steelers? They have the ability to make a few stops whereas Steelers never do. Think Titans or Texans will be the same. 

NFC is just so much better. They're not one sided teams. Rams need to get healthy and the Saints have a great defense.

Saints or Rams will likely take the NFC. Whoever has home field advantage.

Until Kansas City puts it together during the playoffs/January, I won't ever be convinced that they're the pick. The AFC is a toss up. 

2 minutes ago, KellyToTasker said:

Saints or Rams will likely take the NFC. Whoever has home field advantage.

Until Kansas City puts it together during the playoffs/January, I won't ever be convinced that they're the pick. The AFC is a toss up. 

I would pick the Steelers and Pats over KC, especially if KC has to travel.  

11 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

It’s clear the Jags caught lightning in a bottle for a couple games of Bortles last year. 

You think we have lament on Mahomes?  They could have drafted Mahomes and any of one Kamara / Dalvin Cook / Kareem Hunt / Joe Mixon last year instead of Fournette / Corey Robinson. That’s tough.