Around the NFL Week 11

26CornerBlitz

9 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

I'm in no way saying this guy is the next big thing, I'm just saying why are we so sensitive about everything he does. One INT and the board lights up, three TDs later hush-hush. I hate that. 

Except nobody is hush hush...he has made a lot of mistakes in this game......lucky for him he has team mates helping him out

6 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

I'm in no way saying this guy is the next big thing, I'm just saying why are we so sensitive about everything he does. One INT and the board lights up, three TDs later hush-hush. I hate that. 

I'm not sensitive at all. I'm watching every rookie QB closely. It sucks that Allen got injured after the best throw of his career so far, I would have liked to see if the light was turning on. To me so far it is Mayfield and then the other 3. Jackson even looked okay in his debut. Kind of a Tyrod Taylor stat line on steroids but not bad for his first game. If you were gonna guess who out of the 4 QBs after Mayfield will turn out good I think any guess is as good as the others. JMO

58 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

The perfect pass to Christian Kirk on the sideline? Bailed out by Larry? That was a pretty good throw. I don't even like Rosen that much but everyone is so damn sensitive about him here. Mention the positive along with the negative if we want to have fair debates.

I was unable to watch this game, but this is what I read about Rosen’s performance:

“Both of Rosen's picks were terrible decisions into crowded areas, and he was consistently a beat or two slow with his decision making. Even a critical late completion to Christian Kirk to set up a touchdown should have been intercepted. Rosen's biggest play was a 59-yard screen score where Kirk did all the work.”

Granted, that came from Rotoworld, but it doesnt sound good at all. 

1 minute ago, bobobonators said:

I was unable to watch this game, but this is what I read about Rosen’s performance:

“Both of Rosen's picks were terrible decisions into crowded areas, and he was consistently a beat or two slow with his decision making. Even a critical late completion to Christian Kirk to set up a touchdown should have been intercepted. Rosen's biggest play was a 59-yard screen score where Kirk did all the work.”

Granted, that came from Rotoworld, but it doesnt sound good at all. 

See for yourself. Make sure you watch the ball placement and where he's looking before throwing it to Kirk.

Rivera on failed 2-pt try: 'I was going for the win'

Riverboat Ron's latest on-field gamble came up snake eyes for the Carolina Panthers.

Ron Rivera's decision to go for two points plunged the Panthers into a 20-19 loss to the Detroit Lionson Sunday after Carolina failed to convert on the attempt. Cam Newton had plenty of time in the pocket to make a throw, but he couldn't connect with a streaking Jarius Wright in the end zone, dooming the Panthers to their second straight loss.

"I think you go for two on the road to win the game -- that's what I did end of the day," Rivera said "What's to say the coin toss is going to in our favor or [what's to say] we're going to stop them.

"I was going for the win. That's the bottom line."

What spurred Rivera's decision to go all-in for the win? Kicker Graham Gano's struggles played a role. The normally very reliable kicker missed a 34-yard field-goal attempt and an extra-point try earlier in the game.

"He missed a couple of kicks, that's all part of it," Rivera said.

9 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

He has been awful tonight. But not sure how much some of his teammates are even trying. 

Oh and now Pederson looks like an idiot keeping going for it on 4th down and giving Brees more and more short fields. 

I’m sure we’ll hear from Mike schopp about how “innovative “ and “analytical “ pederson is today. :lol:

1 hour ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I’m sure we’ll hear from Mike schopp about how “innovative “ and “analytical “ pederson is today. :lol:

I can't remember a Superbowl winning Head Coach I have been less convinced by. I think Pederson is generally a decent play caller. Not totally sold on his "leadership" abilities mind you.