The Best Team in the NFL is......

26CornerBlitz

What Team is the NFL's Best  

271 members have voted

1. 1. What Team is the NFL's Best

Points allowed per game

LA RAMS 23.1

KC..........24.0

We are within a point per game allowed from the most expensive defense ever assembled in LA. Just something to think about as the schedules balance out over time. KC started off playing A LOT of high powered offenses while LA started with the opposite.

Yards per play allowed.

LA Rams 6.0

KC..........6.0.

Again...the Rams are the most expensive defense ever assembled.

Percentage of drives ending in a score

LA Rams 38.7%

KC.........40.2 %

.....one of these is the most expensive defense ever assembled...one of them isn't and has been missing it's too most experienced and highest paid players most of the year....

Sacks

LA Rams 26

KC.........31 (tied for 1st in the NFL)

....The Rams have spent and invested a TON of resources into their D....

Opposing team Completion PCT%

LA Rams 64.9%

KC.........63.2% (good for 10 best in the NFL)

.......investing heavily in a bunch of D players maybe isn't such a good investment?

....but continuing on

Interceptions

LA RAMS 7

KC..........11

....I don't need to explain the injries and turnover in our secondary compared to the highly paid pro bowlers the Rams have do I?

.....The myth of the Rams defesne was just the product of playing a bunch of nobodies to start the year.

Also...KC has played one of, if not the most brutal schedule in the NFL.

On the ROAD at .....the Chargers, the Steelers, the Patriots, the Broncos (who have held the Chargers, Rams and Chiefs ALL to their lowest point totals of the year)

At Home VS Jacksonville, when they were still the no.1 D.  We of course play ON THE ROAD at the Rams, still have another game VS the Chargers coming up, and also AT Seattle...plus Baltimore at home.  

8 hours ago, Zerovotlz said:

....I don't need to explain the injries and turnover in our secondary compared to the highly paid pro bowlers the Rams have do I?

.....The myth of the Rams defesne was just the product of playing a bunch of nobodies to start the year.

In fairness the Rams have had injuries to that expensively assembled secondary..... Talib being out has hurt in particular. The Rams have the best defensive player in the whole of the National Football League in Aaron Donald and their defensive front generally has played very well. But their linebackers are downright atrocious which has led to major struggles in the run game because they are not hitting their gaps. I have also never been a Marcus Peters guy - wasn't when he was at KC and am not now he is in LA. He gambles way too often for me. He is a playmaker, no doubt, but he plays without solid fundamentals and is all instinct and he has been picked on a lot this year where teams have used his aggression against him.

1 hour ago, Gettysburg said:

Saints are a complete team. Would be interesting to see their offense though against the Bills Defense.

there would be a diff after the Saints piled up 21 points with minimal effort

please bear this in mind when you cherry pick only the Bills D after that

The only good teams the Chiefs have beaten are the Steelers and the Chargers and that was weeks 1 and 2. 

They lost to the Patriots and they lost to the Rams. 

They beat:

49ers by 11

Broncos by 4

Jaguars by 16

Bengals by 35

Broncos by 7

Browns by 16

Cardinals by 12

None of those teams are good:

49ers 2-8

Broncos 4-6

Jaguars 3-7

Bengals 5-5

Browns 3-6

Cardinals 2-8

The good teams they beat:

Chargers 7-3 and the score was 38-28

Steelers 7-2 and the score was 42-37

Down the stretch KC will play: 

Raider, Ravens, Chargers, Seahawks and Raiders again

Sorry but the strength of schedule once again is week for KC and the division has only one other team that's decent, so KC comes out of a weak division and off a weak schedule to make the playoffs.

NE beat them and they will beat them again, the Rams beat them and they would beat them again and I think the Steelers game would have been a loss if it were later in the season. The Steelers seem to always have a slow start and finish strong. 

I still think the best teams are:

1. NO

2. Rams

3. NE

4. Steelers

5. everyone else

...last. AZ, SF, Raiders, Jets, Bills, Browns, Jags, Giants, Bucs in whatever order you'd like

It’s still easily the Saints, and I am a Ram fan too as they are my second team after Bills.

Fans are gonna over exaggerate this game while failing to realize these two defenses are awful.  Saints offense is just as good, or even better, than both these teams and they have a better defense.  And Saints already beat Rams before they lost Kupp.

KC and Rams have literally the two worst secondaries in the NFL right now.  Rams desperately need Talib back, it’s utter garbage with out him and wasn’t that good with him, but still better than this.

And NE comes out of an even weaker divisor than the Chiefs... imo the Pats won because KC scored too quickly on their final possession ,and Mahomes made two bad throws in the first half that were easy TDs with a decently thrown ball. I think the Chiefs would win if the two met again , especially away from Foxboro. Anyway, for me it’s Saints, Rams, Chiefs, Patriots, Steelers , Chargers then everyone else. 

Edited by Boatdrinks

13 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

And NE comes out of an even weaker divisor than the Chiefs... imo the Pats won because KC scores too quickly on their final possession ,and Mahomes made two bad throws in the first half that were easy TDs with a decently thrown ball. I think the Chiefs would win if the two met again , especially away from Foxboro. Anyway, for me it’s Saints, Rams, Chiefs, Patriots, Steelers , Chargers then everyone else. 

Belichick will clean Andy's clock if it's a close game in the playoffs

nothing Bill can do if the Chiefs clobber them

On 11/14/2018 at 5:41 PM, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....how many years has the six foot hole been dug, the shovelers ready to start pitching dirt, yet the Pats "keep on tickin' " just like John Cameron Swayze's "'ol Timex"?...dammit.......

It is closer to the career criminal which goes in the slammer for life but keep getting out to bribes, outright incompetence by parole board, etc.  Each time the same story.

On 11/15/2018 at 8:02 PM, Dopey said:

I am curious to see if Pittsburgh rallies around each other even more now that Bell is history. I wouldn't count them out either.

I am sort of hoping Steelers win Superbowl just so Bell can stew in his own juices.

• Like (+1) 1

If the Bears had a legit quarterback, I think they'd be the toughest matchup for NO.

They have the playmakers on D to at least slow down the Saints offense and a quick strike pass attack to mitigate NO's pass rush.

Not sold on Trubisky though.