Ruth Bader Ginsburg Has Fallen

3rdnlng

33 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

I doubt it's either. I'm sure they call her for the vote/discussion.

Oral arguments are really the least important part of an appeal. Sometimes you can change a judge's mind or get one off the fence by clarifying a point for them, but decisions are mostly made based on the briefs.

And what happens if they're wearing boxers? :unsure:

For the record, does anyone from the SC actually check in on her to make sure she's still alive and cognizant? If she's not able to speak and no one has seen her, what is the assurance that she is indeed alive and capable of doing her job?  Asking for a friend. :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, Nanker said:

And what happens if they're wearing boxers? :unsure:

For the record, does anyone from the SC actually check in on her to make sure she's still alive and cognizant? If she's not able to speak and no one has seen her, what is the assurance that she is indeed alive and capable of doing her job?  Asking for a friend. :rolleyes:

The rules are quite clear: boxers are unacceptable. Rule 3.14(i)(5)(ix) requires tighty-whities or gtfo.

• Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Nanker said:

that is my concern. is she performing the duties of Supreme Court Justice or is she holding the seat for someone else?

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, /dev/null said:

that is my concern. is she performing the duties of Supreme Court Justice or is she holding the seat for someone else?

Very true. If she's in late stage lung cancer she could be really incapacitated and heavily drugged with opiates. 

It would not put it past the Dems to do a Weekend at Bernie's with her until 2020. 

15 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

I can't see clerks doing something that unethical. Their legal careers would be over if they got caught trying to cover her death.

i understood they always do the work, they are either hired to reflect the justice's view or a devil's advocate role

Every notable person including some that are not have their obituary written prior to their death, and I would assume that graphics for tv or internet are created in advance so that they can immediately put it on the screen when that person dies. That's not the news here. Posting it is the news.

• Like (+1) 2

White House plans to send 50 judicial nominees to new Congress

190120131618-trump-file-exlarge-169.jpg

(CNN)The White House on Tuesday night announced its intention to renominate 50 judicial nominees, rekindling a battle between Republicans, who hope to capitalize on their record-breaking judicial success from the last Congress, and Democrats, who have lashed out at some of President Donald Trump's more controversial nominees.

The names were put forward again on Tuesday because their nominations weren't acted upon before the end of the last congressional session.
The new nominations come as key players in the judicial confirmation wars are no longer involved. Former White House counsel Don McGahn -- who considered judicial nominees one of his top priorities -- has left the administration and former Senate Judiciary Chairman Chuck Grassley, an Iowa Republican, has moved over to the Finance Committee.

51 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

@Deranged Rhino

What's your deep state theory on these judges and grasley going to finance? 

I don't know if I have one specifically... The record number of judicial appointments continues, and will continue under Graham. The appointing of conservative (legally speaking) judges will do lasting good for the country long after Trump is gone. 

Grassley is not running for another term. He steered the ship through the discovery phase of the process while behind the scenes the party was cleansed of No-Name's *****ery. Now that the judicial committee will be moving into a new, more aggressive phase of the roll out - and now that No Name isn't around to hold people hostage - Graham and his legal background make more sense to head the committee than a lame duck Chuck who never practiced law. 

Chuck still has important work to do. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I don't know if I have one specifically... The record number of judicial appointments continues, and will continue under Graham. The appointing of conservative (legally speaking) judges will do lasting good for the country long after Trump is gone. 

Grassley is not running for another term. He steered the ship through the discovery phase of the process while behind the scenes the party was cleansed of No-Name's *****ery. Now that the judicial committee will be moving into a new, more aggressive phase of the roll out - and now that No Name isn't around to hold people hostage - Graham and his legal background make more sense to head the committee than a lame duck Chuck who never practiced law. 

Chuck still has important work to do. 

Too bad Chuck can't be around to serve the country for another 100 years

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

:beer: He's been fantastic. 

Midwestern common sense and class

Shows why the US Senate is the greatest political assembly ever devised by man.

At least for Chuck and his like.

• Like (+1) 1

Ruth Bader Ginsburg watch nears the end of its second month
American Thinker, by Taylor Day

Original Article

It has been 54 days since the public laid eyes on the 85-year-old Supreme Court justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, and her absence is prompting calls for proof of life. The last time she was seen was on December 6, 2018, when she heard arguments in person at the Court. Since then, she underwent surgery on December 21 of last year after two cancerous growths from her left lung were discovered and removed. All official statements have been issued by people close to her and meant to assure the public that she is recovering quietly.

It is the middle of the court's session.  How would this be covered, if it was Justice Thomas ?

57 minutes ago, B-Man said:
Ruth Bader Ginsburg watch nears the end of its second month
American Thinker, by Taylor Day

Original Article

I've been a bit reluctant to join in whenever someone says "prove she's okay."

But the article reminds us about the calls to see Melania when she was out of the spotlight for 19 days.

Some left-leaning voices have condemned the calls for proof that Ruth Bader Ginsburg is still capable of performing her duties as justice.  In a display of hypocrisy that is now too common, here is an article from CNN demanding the same confirmation after First Lady Melania Trump avoided the public for 19 days after a minor operation.

Dems must be pissing themselves right now. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

I've been a bit reluctant to join in whenever someone says "prove she's okay."

But the article reminds us about the calls to see Melania when she was out of the spotlight for 19 days.

Dems must be pissing themselves right now. 

She's fine.  She's just in a coma, like most progressives.

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1