Peterman actually played quite well!

Rubes

13 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

There has been way too much negative attention given to our backup QB. I am really curious what backup QB out there would have won the Bears game for us considering how awful the rest of our offense looked. This has been an ongoing obsession with Bills fans for years. The backup QB is not that important. If your starter goes down you are probably going to lose a lot of games.

Again it is not Peterman per se.  It it is the incompetent HC & HO who thought last year vs. LAC that Peterman was the right choice in a playoff chase to start (and it was embarrassing), to then bringing him back after drafting the supposed (and I am backing JA right now and like the kid) franchise QB and then again naming him the starter this season.

And oh yes deciding the keeping TT to mentor JA made no sense, because the Bills had Peterman as a safety net.

Laughable!!!!!!

Edited by Billsfan1972

1 minute ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Again it is mot Peterman per se.  It it is the incompetent HC & HO who thought last year vs. LAC Peterman was the right choice in a playoff chase to start (and it was embarrassing) to then bringing him back after drafting the supposed (and I am backing JA right) franchise QB and then again naming him the starter this season.

And oh yes deciding the keeping TT to mentor JA made no sense, because the Bills had Peterman as a safety net.

Laughable!!!!!!

You're exchanging with someone who posted YouTube video of Peterman against the Saints last year in garbage time to show how good of a passer he is.  :lol:

• Like (+1) 1

Peterman has the ability to be a serviceable back up QB provided his confidence has not been destroyed.

He clearly was not ready to start last year against the Chargers and McCoach certainly should have been able to know that.

Although the play at the end of the half was a bone headed play (and could have been a result of the criticism he has faced) I give Peterman credit for competing during the game (especially with an inadequate line, a non-existent running game, and WRs who did him no favors).

If managed correctly, Peterman could be a decent back up and we know that he the type of guy who will be a good teammate whatever his role.  I cannot help but root for the guy especially given his underdog status.  We shall see if he can persevere without his confidence being destroyed.

Edited by Peter

Just now, Peter said:

Peterman has the ability to be a serviceable back up QB provided his confidence has not been destroyed.

He clearly was not ready to start last year against the Chargers and McCoach certainly should have been able to know that.

Although the play at the end of the half was a bone headed play (and could have been a result of the criticism he has faced) I give Peterman credit competing during the game (especially with an inadequate line, a non-existent running game, and WRs who did him no favors).

If managed correctly, Peterman could be a decent back up and we know that he the type of guy who will be a good teammate whatever his role.  I cannot help but root for the guy especially given his underdog status.  We shall see if he can persevere without his confidence being destroyed.

Heart >> Eyes

3 hours ago, Kevin1778 said:

He is right.

1) Bears have top 5 defense.

2) Peterman has only started 4 games.

3) His stats were in line with a long time veteran like Anderson in his two games.

4) His line and receivers did not show up.

5) There was no running game.

Is Peterman an NFL starting QB. No. Is he a more than adequate backup. Absolutely.

How is it you know Nate is not starting material but Josh Allen is our long awaited franchise QB?

Both have played about the same number of games and both have looked about the same, with the caveat that Allen has had a few more nice runs escaping the pocket.

This guy is nuts. On the One Bills Live show he said “if you look at those 81 plays (Sunday), and ask ‘on each and every play, didNate Peterman do what he was supposed to do?’ The answer is overwhelmingly, ‘yes’”.

He runs some camp in WNY, but zero credibility will takes like that.

Peterman's stats were ok but his passes were not on target, very often forcing the receiver to break stride to get the ball, which usually yields low YAC.   Looking at the average yards per reception, it is low.  Many 3rd downs were not converted because of this. 

Peterman played good for Peterman, but not even close to par for a NFL starting QB. 

Yes, his supporting cast sucks too but he simply does not make plays.  Josh Allen has a long way to go in his development but you can at least see leadership ability and the athletic ability to make a few plays and inspire the team.  Peterman does not do this. 

13 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

How is it you know Nate is not starting material but Josh Allen is our long awaited franchise QB?

Both have played about the same number of games and both have looked about the same, with the caveat that Allen has had a few more nice runs escaping the pocket.

... and Allen has  2 wins and was in good position for a 3rd.  

Allen has looked much better in my opinion. 

6 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

This guy is nuts. On the One Bills Live show he said “if you look at those 81 plays (Sunday), and ask ‘on each and every play, didNate Peterman do what he was supposed to do?’ The answer is overwhelmingly, ‘yes’”.

He runs some camp in WNY, but zero credibility will takes like that.

I can't stop.......  You mean on third & three throwing a 1 yard out to a covered receiver?  Wow just wow.

I think back to my thread on Steve Buerlein, who basically when doing colour on Allen's firststart vs. the Chargers basically said every play Allen made was the wrong one and his stats were much better.....

http://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=401030704

3 hours ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Its tough, because two of those interceptions were not on him on the slightest.  All the same, most of his throws were short dink and dunk type stuff.  That can work but not the way it was done this week.  

It can work if we don't turnover the football and have a viable running game.  Our WRs and TEs put on a pretty comical show

*I did not have a problem with Peterman against the Bears.  with the exception of Jones, I thought all the other receivers sucked.  The O line was terrible.  I do not have a problem with Peterman being the Back QB for the Bills.  

Watch Tom Brady’s game winning drive in February 2002 Super Bowl 36. I’ve never seen a better example of short dink and donk passes. Fast forward to 2018, Brady and the Patriots continue to throw more WR & RB screens than just about any team. Throw in the occasional deep ball where the corner gets flagged for pass interference and you have the making of an NFL legend. 

1 minute ago, Dr.Sack said:

Watch Tom Brady’s game winning drive in February 2002 Super Bowl 36. I’ve never seen a better example of short dink and donk passes. Fast forward to 2018, Brady and the Patriots continue to throw more WR & RB screens than just about any team. Throw in the occasional deep ball where the corner gets flagged for pass interference and you have the making of an NFL legend. 

In watching the NE vs. GB game, I was reminded that when Brady does throw long, it is rarely a completion and often the ball is not particularly well placed.  That is more of a recent thing as he ages, but it's still there.

Their entire approach is short passes with excellent execution and a very high probability of success.

Think about it: as long as you can get 4 yards per pass, you'll always move down field and never have to punt.

You don't necessarily need to throw long to be successful.

5 minutes ago, BobDVA said:

*I did not have a problem with Peterman against the Bears.  with the exception of Jones, I thought all the other receivers sucked.  The O line was terrible.  I do not have a problem with Peterman being the Back QB for the Bills.  

You must have loved the end of the half play when he was too scared to throw a Hail Mary pass from the Bears 37 to the end zone and instead tucked the ball only to run out of bounds with no time left.  Brilliant!

34 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

From  a ZERO  QB rating of 45ish is a monster improvement  

;) ;) ;) ;) 

;) ;) ;) ;) 

;) ;) ;) ;) 

You could only put so much makeup on a pig but will get the same results.......expect better than the crap we had the last few years.....JA may have some hope....may....

• Like (+1) 1