McD - we do have wins, although they are not always on the scoreboard. Saw some Bills style football yesterday

Reed83HOF

No surprise here.

We have a HC who ignores the math, and wants to run the ball and play defense and likes punting on the opponents 40 yard line when it's 4th and short. 

Our HC has absolutely nothing in common with any of the top coaches you see around the NFL. 

This is Dick Jauron 2.0. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 6

5 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Yeah...I think I might be over this guy....

"We do have wins, although they're not always on the scoreboard... in the midst of a game, I saw some things yesterday that is the Buffalo Bills style of football we want to play." -Sean McDermott

These pressers are gold.  He comes off as the most vacuous "tough-guy" empty cliche-spouting hand-clapper possible.   

McD wants us to RUN AND STOP THE RUN.  Broad shoulders! Football tough! Character guys! It's Buffalo  you know ... "blue collar" (?!) ... and ... weathery (!?) or such. 

WTF

• Like (+1) 6
  • Haha (+1) 4

Just now, MRM33064 said:

These pressers are gold.  He comes off as the most vacuous "tough-guy" empty cliche-spouting hand-clapper possible.   

McD wants us to RUN AND STOP THE RUN.  Broad shoulders! Football tough! Character guys! It's Buffalo  you know ... "blue collar" (?!) ... and ... weathery (!?) or such. 

WTF

I'm having Deja Vu from the Dick Jauron era. 

They run the same defense, and have the same philosophical approach to football and how to build a team. 

Both guys valued character over talent. 

• Like (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

I'm having Deja Vu from the Dick Jauron era. 

They run the same defense, and have the same philosophical approach to football and how to build a team. 

Both guys valued character over talent. 

Who hires a coach from the "Ron Rivera" coaching tree? Ironically, Rivera is the knucklehead who didn't understand the analytics and lost a game to the Bills because he kicked a FG late in the 4th quarter instead of going for a game-ending first down.

Pegula was so upset about Rex's ego that McD looked like a warm fuzzy blanket.  McD is exactly the WRONG guy to build a modern NFL team from scratch.

• Like (+1) 8

1 minute ago, RobH063 said:

What the hell is Bills style football? I don't EVER want to see Bills style football if it's what we're seeing every week. How about we see NFL style football!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bills Football 2018:

• run the ball
  • stop the run 
  • play physical, win your 1 on 1 battles 
  • win the turnover battle 
  • punt when it's 4th and short and you're in opposition territory
  • kick field goals when you're down multiple touchdowns 

If you look at what teams like the Saints, Rams, Chiefs and Pats are doing, it's like we're not playing the same sport. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Wasn't he talking about the defense?

I mean what do you want him to say. It's not like he's saying he isn't responsible. He really hasn't said anything that terrible or wrong. That's not to say anything is acceptable you can say the right things but if you don't follow through and perform on the field you'll eventually be replaced.

Edited by Warcodered

18 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

"We do have wins, although they're not always on the scoreboard... in the midst of a game, I saw some things yesterday that is the Buffalo Bills style of football we want to play." -Sean McDermott

I don't think I have ever advocated anyone being fired ... until now.  This crosses the line.

13 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

No surprise here.

We have a HC who ignores the math, and wants to run the ball and play defense and likes punting on the opponents 40 yard line when it's 4th and short. 

Our HC has absolutely nothing in common with any of the top coaches you see around the NFL. 

This is Dick Jauron 2.0. 

Dick Jauron's first year here he lost to Chicago 40-7.  Eeeery.

21 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

....probably referring to Peterman being the leading rusher.......

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, MJS said:

Why does it matter what McDermott tells the media? McDermott should be judges solely upon what happens on the field.

I'd like to think these pressers are McD using his Jedi distraction skills to simply just appear as a completely out of touch relic who doesn't understand analytics, the pace of today's game, the direction of the league and rules committee (in promoting offense and passing) .... but ....

I fear it's not a ruse.

• Like (+1) 2