Critical must lose game next Sunday

RPbillsfan

5 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

So.. knowing that, maybe Beane could have not gone all defense in the past draft and get offense we desperately needed and gotten his DL this draft.. I mean he had to know the draft class coming up when he goes Harrison Phillips over interior O Line

I can't necessarily blame them for what went down this past draft. Turning 5 draft picks into 2 in order to secure Allen and Edmunds could very well be worth it. As for Harry, he probably was the BPA by a large margin. I was hoping we'd address offense immediately afterwards, but Taron looks like a good building block as well. 

12 minutes ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

We're 2-7 right now. Some of you want to play Allen just to win meaningless games? He just got injured bad. Now, he's rushing back to get injured again. Sounds stupid. Mathematically speaking, playoff chances are near zero now. Barkley is not going to do anything here. Philly and Chicago passed on him. To me, that says a lot.

It’s not about Allen winning games, though that could happen. It’s really about him getting live game reps and experience reading defenses. His success is paramount and he needs all the reps he can get at this point so that 2019 isn’t a complete waste as well. 

1 hour ago, Fadingpain said:

Who is this QB of which you write?

Do you mean Josh Allen?  He is nowhere close to being declared "the guy" and the future at that position on this team is very much open ended as of right now. 

Regardless of what you think he's been drafted as the "guy"so you can say he isn't or that you arent a fan of his, he has at the very least 2 more seasons, that is the reality of the situation.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, RPbillsfan said:

but sadly we will get Allen back after the bye and with home games against the Jags, Lions, Jets and Dolphins we could stumble into a couple of worthless victories.

I like where your head's at, but in all seriousness, if this year is all about the development of JA (provided he can get back on the field), then I want the kid's confidence to be where it needs to be, and earning a couple W's along the way through some timely plays off of his arm, would be good in that regard--especially if we get another 4th Q comeback or two, to go along with a solid blowout statement win? We need this kid to come through something fierce--and hopefully he's learning firsthand how NOT to play QB from the motley crew manning the position since he went down, "mentor" included. Trust your instincts JA, they're probably better than Daboll's chicken scratch notepad at this point.   

4 hours ago, RPbillsfan said:

Meaningless wins in this lost season so nothing to help the future, the critical loss of one spot in the draft cost the Bills the opportunity to get LB Patrick Willis and later Luke Keachly.

Yes, you are so correct about meaningless wins doing nothing to help the future.

I remember the draft where Patrick Willis was taken just before we could grab him.

Let's tank, and grab the best Oline, and WR's we can find.

I'm in..............

3 hours ago, sleeby said:

We should beat the jets if they put up the stats they did today against Miami.  Darnold looked bad yet again (by the numbers anyhow) - 50% comp, 200 yards, 4 int and 4 sacks.  Tough times there.  

The only games I'm really curious about left are the jets (darnold) and anytime JA is playing.  As this year progresses I'm becoming more and more convinced that JA is more desirable than darnold and Rosen.  

Are they trashing Darnold as so many here are doing to JA?

If Allen doesn't play, we aren't beating any team in this league.  If he does play, he's still terrible and we will struggle like hell to beat the Jets.  

Darnold has been praised by many so far this year as separating from the rest of the pack of young QBs.  He had a rough game Sunday but he is showing next-level stuff you would expect of a 4th or 5th year player.

8 hours ago, RPbillsfan said:

The draft board is shaping up and it looks as though the Bills can lock down a top 5 pick with a loss next Sunday to the 3-6 NY Jets.

Its gonna be tough to out-suck the Raiders and the Giants are pretty putrid too.  The Cardinals smell of rotting garbage and the 49ers are perking up with an unknown free agent QB so they could get a couple of more wins.  The Browns are a grease fire ? and could easily lose out.  The Cardinals do play the Raiders in what may be the worst game on the NFL schedule this year.

So, I'm hoping we can fall no lower then the 3rd pick in the draft, but sadly we will get Allen back after the bye and with home games against the Jags, Lions, Jets and Dolphins we could stumble into a couple of worthless victories.

Maybe we should put Allen on IR, promote "Nate the great" to starter for the rest of the year in hopes of a historical inept performance on offense leading the team to a draft improving 2-14 record to truly start the rebuild.

Should be the plan, just need to keep up the front of trying to win every game.

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Should be the plan, just need to keep up the front of trying to win every game.

But if the other team wants to lose more than the Bills want to lose....

Edited by row_33

Just now, Buffalo Barbarian said:

besides the raiders , everybody else is "WE PLAY TO WIN THE GAME !!!!!!!!!!" 

You must have seen enough week17 runs for the bus to not fully believe that...

9 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

As long as Allen does not play, I don't think we are capable of winning a football game.

If he does play, he will have some rust to shake off and he's still pretty terrible anyway.  

We're looking at a solid top 3 pick IMO.

I think that's a really generous view of Allen. I think the difference between him, at this point, and Anderson, is sadly marginal.

I mean Peterman is a dumpster on a 90 degree day. He doesn't deserve the fire. He just smells bad and is something you want to avoid.

Edit- saw some of your other posts, just wanted to let you know we're pretty much on the same page. You're not being generous to Allen lol.

Edited by Ol Dirty B
  • Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

What's the point of Allen playing in  a few games to end this season. His wr / OL are all garbage. He could very well get re injured. Just let Anderson and Barkley close out this debacle season and dear Lord cut Peterpan already. 

I still think game action is great practice for Allen. Playing behind a bad oline isn’t ideal but pressure is always going to be part of the game. As for the receivers, keep throwing the ball and hitting them in the hands. Eventually we will find guys who can haul it in.

2 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I think that's a really generous view of Allen. I think the difference between him, at this point, and Anderson, is sadly marginal.

I mean Peterman is a dumpster on a 90 degree day. He doesn't deserve the fire. He just smells bad and is something you want to avoid.

Edit- saw some of your other posts, just wanted to let you know we're pretty much on the same page. You're not being generous to Allen lol.

That's why I'd be happy if they shut Allen down and he doesn't see the field again until next season.  You don't want to ruin the guy (like what has happened with Peterman and any confidence he might have had which is totally destroyed) by putting him out there with limited experience behind a porous offensive line and receivers that can't hold onto the football or get any separation from the DB's.  Not much value getting experience losing.

A top 3 draft spot would be great but it doesn't guarantee anything.  Just looking at a few teams in the AFC, Pittsburgh, New England, and Baltimore.  They consistently draft in the 22 to 32 spot year after year and have solid rosters. They are have a few things the Bills don't.  The first of which is stability at the QB position.  The 2nd is a commitment to protecting that investment with a good to great offensive line group.  The 3rd is providing the QB with a great group of players to distribute the ball to at receiver and running back.  Seriously. I don't think a HOF QB would be able to generate any points with offensive group the Bills are putting out on the field.    

Unfortunately Beane and McDermott have been focused on re-shaping the team in their own image by purging some good players off the roster and replacing them with inferior talent and dead cap space along with acquiring some 3rd day of the draft picks.  

They better move to the building part of 'the process' pretty quick next off season as I suspect they have one more year to put something together. 

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Yeah, having high draft picks is a bad idea because McD&Beane have drafted so terribly.  We should win 2 or 3 meaningless games because draft position doesn’t matter.

Draft position matters.  Its just that the Bills leadership, over many years, has failed to cash in on all the high draft picks we've had.  As I said, I just don't have faith that the current leadership can spot talent or develop it.  

10 hours ago, sleeby said:

We should beat the jets if they put up the stats they did today against Miami.  Darnold looked bad yet again (by the numbers anyhow) - 50% comp, 200 yards, 4 int and 4 sacks.  Tough times there.  

The only games I'm really curious about left are the jets (darnold) and anytime JA is playing.  As this year progresses I'm becoming more and more convinced that JA is more desirable than darnold and Rosen.  

Are they trashing Darnold as so many here are doing to JA?

They are saying he should have held a clipboard for his freshman season.  At least we can hang our hat on our defense where other than the one safety they feel lost.