Raiders release Bruce Irvin

4 hours ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

I wouldn't mind bringing in a pass rusher but He really doesn't bring anything more to the table than Murphy does imo.

He's healthy and available, and has been throughout his career.  That's bringing a lot more to the table.  Doesn't matter how good a player is if he's not actually playing. See Sam Bradford.

59 minutes ago, purple haze said:

He's healthy and available, and has been throughout his career.  That's bringing a lot more to the table.  Doesn't matter how good a player is if he's not actually playing. See Sam Bradford.

Why overpay for players just because they're healthy and available? Let other teams do that imo.

Edited by BuffaloBillsGospel

5 hours ago, familykwi said:

If Irvin can choose location as an UFA, the only way he chooses Buffalo is more money.  Why should we do that?  He's not a building block and we need to stop trying to build a future while wasting money on a wasted present.

Don't bother with this.

He is subject to waivers. We have a very high waiver priority 

Edited by FluffHead

13 hours ago, Mark92 said:

Gruden is cleaning house and is going to rebuild with "HIS" guys.  

That sounds familiar.  Maybe the reason he needs "HIS" guys is that the guys Gruden's shed recognize incompetence when they see it.

13 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Can do a lot with 5 first round picks 

Or not.

5 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

we should have but we will still build a champion.

ROTFLMAO.  Unless you're less than 20, don't count on seeing that championship before you're eligible for Social Security.

5 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

I believe in peterman. He won't let us down.

Right-o.  I put the over/under for INTs at 5  and for PickSixes at 2 myself.

19 hours ago, PirateHookerMD said:

Gruden is a mad man. 

We do need pass rush help....

Doesn't make sense to claim him with a losing season though. Probably will get claimed by the pats. 

"Irvin was named one of the team’s six captains before the season, and he is the second veteran to exit the 1-7 Raiders in the last week. Safety Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie abruptly retired Tuesday after his snaps were cut down. "

At least we are not the Raiders...

Actually i would think it would  be a good time to claim because we would get top 5 dibs...but maybe I am wrong.

Edited by JaCrispy

That is what a tear down looks like. We have also seen one first hand.

Some fans just don’t have the stomach for one. I’d rather have a GM/HC that have a vision and stick to it, regardless of the pain to be endured.

13 hours ago, FluffHead said:

Were ahead of them in the waiver order 

He will clear waivers and sign a 2018 contract. He could be useful to many teams as a situational pass rusher. His sack/pressures have been pretty good but he did have K. Mack helping him out - probably a lot. 

WHAT?!? Irvin is fantastic. McDermott's gotta go rogue and finagle a way to get him

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

Someone will overpay for Irvin and will most likely be disappointed.

I love Irvin's game. I'm sure these last 2 years have been horrible for his motivation. But I haven't seen his game recently but 3 and 4 years ago the guy was impactful. Especially the Raiders solid offensive season where he was tasked with pass rushing shootout games (which DE's have to love). That ain't happening anytime on the Bills though but give him a good defense and maybe he changes his tune to being a key cog in a stacked defense.