Bills playbook leaked on social media last night!

mellaman101

Had some nice wrinkles that seemed more show than result, but I will say when we had Ivory running well, 3rd and 2 at midfield, one score down late 3rd quarter, he should have decided we were going for it there and run big Chris twice in a row for the 6 freaking feet we needed to keep Brady on the bench and move the chains.

He calls a pass in the flat from his recently retired QB that was the worst judgement by both OC and qb that i've seen all year.    Should have been a pick six, almost was.

We punt and they rolled us for the next 18 minutes of the game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Although i have it on good sources that Daboll just bought the release if Bill Walsh College Football released in 1993. 

And put NFL2K on lay away today. So we should see some knew additions to the R2P2 offense after the bye

Can't wait till he stumbles upon madden '00.

30 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I don’t get all the Daboll hate.  His playcalling wasn’t the reason we lost, and it hasn’t been bad all season.  He’s cut off at the knees due to lack of talent.  The guy’s resorting to running the wildcat because our QB is so bad for chrissakes.

he continued to run plays involving Shady going up the middle, then bouncing to the outside.  That does not work.  Finally he realized 'perhaps I should run Ivory up the middle.'  

He has enough talent to get a freaking TD.  

His play calling was so obvious that Whitten called it from the press box prior to the play. 

3 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

he continued to run plays involving Shady going up the middle, then bouncing to the outside.  That does not work.  Finally he realized 'perhaps I should run Ivory up the middle.'  

He has enough talent to get a freaking TD.  

His play calling was so obvious that Whitten called it from the press box prior to the play. 

exactly my point.    If you see Ivory gashing them, and you know north south is the only way you are getting yards all night, go with what works.

3rd and 2 on the 50, one score game, Brady on the bench, Ivory just warming up, lets call a telegraphed pass in the flats and then punt.    deserved to lose on that series right there

• Like (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I don’t get all the Daboll hate.  His playcalling wasn’t the reason we lost, and it hasn’t been bad all season.  He’s cut off at the knees due to lack of talent.  The guy’s resorting to running the wildcat because our QB is so bad for chrissakes.

The team has scored 2 touchdowns.....in their last 5 games....combined!

You don't get why the offensive coordinator is under fire?

Just now, LSHMEAB said:

The team has scored 2 touchdowns.....in their last 5 games....combined!

You don't get why the offensive coordinator is under fire?

Again, tell me why it’s Daboll’s fault.  He has no quarterback, no offensive line, and no weapons at WR or TE.  Perhaps he will be the scapegoat, but what he has to work with might be the worst in the NFL.

1 minute ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Again, tell me why it’s Daboll’s fault.  He has no quarterback, no offensive line, and no weapons at WR or TE.  Perhaps he will be the scapegoat, but what he has to work with might be the worst in the NFL.

I feel like I'm in the same place with Daboll as I am with Allen.

On the one hand, Daboll's resume as a playcaller is not impressive. However, I'm not sure anyone could succeed with this level of offensive ineptitude. So because we're unable to fairly judge them, they'll of course get more time!

I don't like Daboll or his schemes, but the limitations on offense are pretty stifling. I could nitpick a few plays, but it probably wouldn't have made much of a difference.

3 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Here are some examples from last nights game.

1. Trying to run east/west against a Bill Belichick defence that sets the edge to perfection.

2. Took him till the late 3rd quarter to realize Ivory was more of a effective runner than Mccoy in last nights game

3. Throwing on 3rd and shorts and constantly running it on 2nd and longs. Should have been the opposite

4. Went to wildcat way too many times. Cost them drives as they were constantly in 2nd and long

5. Once again too many go routes. He threw in a few crossing routes, but went back to his signature uninspiring play call of having all the receivers just sprint in a straight line.

Those are 5 problems at the top of my head with Daboll from last nights game

• Like (+1) 1

the secret Greg Brady playbook page for third down shows:

pass (checkdown)

16 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

His play-calling last night was pretty creative. If the players had executed better, we could have pulled out a win.

the Bills would not have held a 17 point lead in the 4th against the Pats, when they needed yardage they cakewalked down the field

49 minutes ago, SMAKCruiser said:

Isn't that the Colts playbook?   Buffalo should have shotgun XYZ bomb!

Yes, but it has the flea flicker and reverses.