PA Synagogue Shooting

bdutton

6 hours ago, bbb said:

So, it's all over twitter that the 97 year old woman killed was a Holocaust survivor.  Except that she wasn't..............Why do you think this keeps getting reported?

Because it's twitter.  I don't see any major news outlet reporting it.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Foxx said:

not for nothing, and i really didn't know BF's posting trends prior but it seems to me that he has an issue with what he perceives as conspiracy thinking. in my experience when someone is so rattled by things like this it is because they are deathly afraid that these theories may just be true and they can't have their carefully scripted narrative questioned.

they are only theories until they are proven true. how many times in the past have conspiracy theories about the .gov been proven true? more often than one might think. 

He attends Hillary Clinton rally’s      Give the guy a break. 

9 hours ago, bbb said:

So, it's all over twitter that the 97 year old woman killed was a Holocaust survivor.  Except that she wasn't..............Why do you think this keeps getting reported?

Pretty liberal use of "reported" there. 

A "story" that sounds titillating is always better than the mundane truth that some madman shot up a synagogue and one of the victims is a 97 year old woman. 

Why else do half of R voters, 57% of Trump voters, and probably 99% of Qanon lemmings think Obama is not an American citizen?

Edited by Benjamin Franklin

45 minutes ago, Benjamin Franklin said:

A "story" that sounds titillating is always better than the mundane truth that some madman shot up a synagogue and one of the victims is a 97 year old woman. 

Why else do half of R voters, 57% of Trump voters, and probably 99% of Qanon lemmings think Obama is not an American citizen?

Proof of this retarded statement?

12 hours ago, bdutton said:

Good guys with guns tend to stop bad guys with guns.

Its not that complicated to hear someone with half a brain like Trump (I said it... he's not that bright)... but its basic common sense.  Gun laws don't work.  Good guys with guns do.

Ya, but idiots with guns will just move onto the next soft target, people in the parking lot or somewhere else. This isn't a solution, its an excuse to ignore what's happening and change the subject. 

42 minutes ago, Benjamin Franklin said:

I don't understand this post. You think the story of the murder of a 97 year old woman in a house of worship is "mundane" and needs embellishment? 

Then, you feel the need to make up arbitrary numbers to support your point of view? 

Your problem is a you problem, not 57% +/-  Trump supporters and 99% +/- Qanon lemmings. 

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Benjamin Franklin said:

Dude, God knows not all of Gregy's stuff pans out.  I mean he believes aliens exist despite it being  literally disproven by math.

But to come back here and mock him when you started a thread about the Russians hacking the election and Trump knowing.......?  Seriously....shouldn't you own that first and go from there?  On that topic Greggy has shown facts aplenty.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Boyst62 said:

How can we harden soften targets?  Allow open carry & reduce gun restrictions.

Most people don't want to carry guns. This will solve almost nothing. 

Internet conspiracy theories about Soros funding the caravan led to this shooting? That's one theory at there. Who's been screaming about Soros lately? 

Just now, Tiberius said:

Most people don't want to have to get up to find the remote and end up watching Big Bang Theory. Most people are as stupid as Ben Franklin and dishonest as the dude.

You made no point. 

Just now, Boyst62 said:

Most people don't want to have to get up to find the remote and end up watching Big Bang Theory. Most people are as stupid as Ben Franklin and dishonest as the dude.

You made no point. 

It won't solve anything to have more guns, it will only make things worse. 

Hateful, bigoted rhetoric sends a message to the bigots, hate mongers and those who blame their pathetic place in life on minorities and others that its just and right for them to act in defense of "Making American Great Again." 

In February, the Anti-Defamation League released its annual report, finding that “the number of anti-Semitic incidents was nearly 60 percent higher in 2017 than 2016, the largest single-year increase on record and the second highest number reported since ADL started tracking incident data in the 1970s.” The report continued: “The sharp rise, reported in ADL’s Audit of Anti-Semitic Incidents, was in part due to a significant increase in incidents in schools and on college campuses, which nearly doubled for the second year in a row.” The ADL tabulated “1,015 incidents of harassment, including 163 bomb threats against Jewish institutions, up 41 percent from 2016; 952 incidents of vandalism, up 86 percent from 2016; and 19 physical assaults, down 47 percent from 2016.”

22 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Ya, but idiots with guns will just move onto the next soft target, people in the parking lot or somewhere else. This isn't a solution, its an excuse to ignore what's happening and change the subject. 

19 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Internet conspiracy theories about Soros funding the caravan led to this shooting? That's one theory at there. Who's been screaming about Soros lately? 

16 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

It won't solve anything to have more guns, it will only make things worse. 

I'm going to ignore your blanket statements because it proves nothing.

You mention briefly that an 'excuse to ignore whats happening' and make no effort to elaborate.

The recent phenomenon of 'mass shootings' is a complex issue and not the result of any single reason.  There are many issues that I believe contribute to the rise in mass shootings which really didn't start until the mid 1970's. 

Factors that I believe have contributed:

1. The closing of mental institutions in the mid 70's.

2. The push to use psycho-tropic drugs to deal with mental illness on an out-patient basis.  Some of which would go off meds and or self medicate with harder drugs.

3. The rise in violent media entertainment (internet, games, tv, movies) which leads to a desensitized population.

4. The polarization of politics.

5. The 24 hour news cycle that pushes opinion (leading to further polarization) over facts.

6. Failure of states and federal law enforcement to identify threats and report mental illness of state residents to the NICS system.

What hasn't lead to greater incidents of rates of homicides in general are the softening of gun control laws.  Since the first major gun control law in 1968 was passed, there was a steady rise in homicides until the mid 1990's.  That rate fell dramatically despite the loosening of gun control laws including the spread of concealed carry and the introduction of the instant background checks.  There has been no wild wild west and blood in the streets as many liberals have been telling us. 

Had there been just one worshiper in attendance at the Synagogue, the death rate would have been much lower if at all.

Good guys with guns stop bad guys with guns.

Edited by bdutton

Before Gab went to a static page last night, they reported that Godaddy told them to find another registrar.  Andrew was given the name of a Caribbean registrar by a lot of people, so I don't think that will be a problem. They spent a lot of time backing everything up the last 48 hours, and he said his first priority is working with the FBI (who Gab notified about the wackjobs posts on Gab).

I also learned why 4chan (all the chans) are "allowed" to remain active (police agencies all over the world comb them for leads). 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, bdutton said:

Had there been just one worshiper in attendance at the Synagogue, the death rate would have been much lower if at all.

Good guys with guns stop bad guys with guns.

One armed guard would have been no match against a AR-15

4 police officers were wounded and they knew what they were up against in this situation.

43 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Dude, God knows not all of Gregy's stuff pans out.  I mean he believes aliens exist despite it being  literally disproven by math.

But to come back here and mock him when you started a thread about the Russians hacking the election and Trump knowing.......?  Seriously....shouldn't you own that first and go from there?  On that topic Greggy has shown facts aplenty.

I don't think Trump colluded with the Russians. I don't think he had any idea that the Russians were trying to influence the election, which of course, they were. 

I started the thread because there were splintered discussions.